T20 World Cup, 2020

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

T20 World Cup, 2020

Post by prasen9 »

Chances are that this will not be held. But, hey, why not talk about the team. It is never too early to talk about selection. Here is my team:

Rohit, Rahul, Kohli, Karthik, Raina, Iyer, Kuldeep, Chahal, Hardik, Bumrah, Saini.

Krunal, Vijay S., Chahar are the backups. I put in two all-rounders one pace-bowling and one spinner. Of course, I brought back two proven oldies Raina and Karthik. Chances are Manish will replace one of them in reality and the other perhaps will go to Jadeja. Neither has really proved himself in T20s though. Manish will give you solidity and Jadeja will keep the runs down but they seem one-dimensional for this format at this point in their careers. Both are very good fielders though.
cricketkeeda
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: T20 World Cup, 2020

Post by cricketkeeda »

We think that there are no chances that this world cup will be held during 2020
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Don't worry. We have very good moderators here who can just change the title of this thread to 2021 and we can go on discussing. I have faith that the moderators will save the day and not cause a catastrophic breakdown here. It won't be a big issue. Easy man. Sorry, I mean, easy keeda.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

cricketkeeda wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 am We think that there are no chances that this world cup will be held during 2020
Not gonna happen this year.

By the way, what is "keeda"? In Malayalam, it means "bug" or "insect". Actually "kITam" in Malayalam. Not sure, but it may be from Sanskrit. Because a cricket is like an insect? ... Wouldn't "kreeda" make more sense? I think "kreeda"means playing. Isn't that what "kreerangan" comes from, in Bengali?... like at the "Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Kreerangan" in Kolkata? ... Which was Salt Lake stadium before... That begs multiple questions - Why was it called salt lake before? Was there a lake there? ... and was it like at Salt Lake city, which actually has a lake that is made of salt that is actually salty? ... But what did Vivekananda have to do with football anyway?.... And then, why I am asking questions on football in a cricket thread?
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

keeda is literally insect or bug so cricketkeeda would be a cricket-bug (like goldbugs who like to buy gold for example).
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:00 am
cricketkeeda wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 am We think that there are no chances that this world cup will be held during 2020
Not gonna happen this year.

By the way, what is "keeda"? In Malayalam, it means "bug" or "insect". Actually "kITam" in Malayalam. Not sure, but it may be from Sanskrit. Because a cricket is like an insect? ... Wouldn't "kreeda" make more sense? I think "kreeda"means playing. Isn't that what "kreerangan" comes from, in Bengali?... like at the "Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Kreerangan" in Kolkata? ... Which was Salt Lake stadium before... That begs multiple questions - Why was it called salt lake before? Was there a lake there? ... and was it like at Salt Lake city, which actually has a lake that is made of salt that is actually salty? ... But what did Vivekananda have to do with football anyway?.... And then, why I am asking questions on football in a cricket thread?
In Bangla, "kreeda" where the d is the form of "r" means sports. I think it comes from "kreed" which means sports/passtime. I will check that out and if I can find more about the etymology. This is one area where I think we were done a disservice by not being taught Sanskrit and instead taught Hindi in school. Hindi people could pick up from movies, etc. and I really learned Hindi when I was in college.

To the extent I know, Salt Lake City was built in the marshy lands. These can be best called Wetlands. There were many small lakes and marshy lands and those got filled and buildings built. And the water was a bit salty there. It was Yuba Bharati Krirangan before Vivekananda's name was added. When we have to rename bland things, we just add a celebrity's name to it. So, the Howrah Bridge is Rabindra Setu. And the Second Hoogly Bridge is Bidyasagor Setu (named after Ishwor Chondro Bidyasagor). And the airport is Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport. Eden Uddan is still Eden Uddan. We should change that name though.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Postponed to next year.
prasen9

Re: T20 World Cup, 2021

Post by prasen9 »

ICC says squads will be of 22 people: Story

Here's my team:

Kishan, Rohit, Kohli, SAY, Rahul, Pant, Hardik, Jadeja, Sundar, Bhuvi, Bumrah
Mayank, Prithvi, Tewatia, Thakur, Natarajan, DLC, Axar

+ 4 more bats based on IPL (more like 3 more bats and one spinning allrounder)

Tewatia maybe needs to go light on the pakoras, samosas, and bhujias to get on with the fitness program. I hope he has learned his lesson. Dhawan needs a super IPL. Krunal is in the fringes but he too needs to show he can bat and bowl consistently. Iyer is possibly going to be one of the bats provided he can cut it. Prithvi will either bat himself in or out based on the IPL. Ditto for Mayank.

Maybe a kind mod can change the title to T20 World Cup, 2020->21.