West Indies in India

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: West Indies in India

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Is SKY following Pant's one match success theory. Haven't seen him giving back to back performances so far in his career
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Bhuvi, Chahal and Bishnoi bowled very well. Harshal held his nerve. Good on them.

A big thank you to King and Mayers for their slow start.

Brilliant batting by Pant and VIye.

Rajbhai, you need glasses? I can suggest good places. SAY scored 57, 32, 50 in his first three innings at phenomenal speed. Then he had a 25*, 62. In fact, he has failed in back to back matches only one time in his short career of 13 matches. SAY is not our problem. He is doing fine. If he actually succeeds every other match, I will take that.

DLC and Harshal, our wicket-takers, but expensive bowlers did not take wickets but got hit as usual.

Bumrah is the only certainty. Bhuvi is close to being certain after this performance. Phenomenal 19th over.

We need three more. I am not too certain about this lot of DLC, Harshal, etc. I would rather try Natarajan and Saini to see what they can do. We need a left-handed pacer for variety.

Bishnoi dropped another catch at the boundary but took a good one in the circle. Maybe have in the circle unless absolutely needed. Why is Kishan fielding in the boundary? But, at least today, he started running fast and got the throw out right away to prevent a two. So that is good.

Kishan keeps failing with the bat. :-( I do not think he can open. We need to go with Rohit and Rahul and unfortunately, if nobody else puts their hands up, we may see the selectors going back to Dhawan for Australia. Anyway, let's see.

Since we have won the series, my XI for the next match:

Rutu, Kishan, VIyer, SAY, Hooda, Pant, DLC, Harshal, Bish, Kuldeep, Siraj.
indiansportsfan

Post by indiansportsfan »

Why not Avesh in place of Chahar? Also dropping Rohit is unrealistic as he is the captain. I would just keep Ruturaj as his opening partner and drop Ishan.
Rajkumar Sharma

Here are SKY 's performance in T20I so far 67, 50,11,6,62,1,0,34,8....in one or two matches he had to do nothing as India were close to victory, but in other cases when india bats first he has been one match up another match down.Quite similar to Pant. That Pakistan game in World Cup he thrown away after good start, few low scores against NZ. See with your special glass & Ishan is still new can't be dropped without giving proper go.
Rajkumar Sharma

If Ishan fails, Venky Iyer should be tried as opener, as he brings utility to the side.Pandya & Venky will be good option in Australia if one of the regular pacer goes for run, and will provide more bowling options to the team.And present its hard for Ruturaj to get a go unless Rohit brings differant idea Rohit though happy with V Iyer https://www.crictracker.com/to-see-such ... tesh-iyer/

V Iyer, Rohit, Kohli, Rahul, Pant, R Jadeja, H Pandya, D Chahar, Chahal/Bhisnoi, Bumrah, Siraj/ Shami

Bhuvi yesterday bowled well but still he seems unfit. His back problem is hurting him otherwise he is still automatic choice
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rajkumar Sharma

Kohli & Pant released from Squad and will be rested for 3rf T20I against WI & T20I series against SL. Seems Ruturaj now might get a game
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:28 am Here are SKY 's performance in T20I so far 67, 50,11,6,62,1,0,34,8....in one or two matches he had to do nothing as India were close to victory, but in other cases when india bats first he has been one match up another match down.Quite similar to Pant. That Pakistan game in World Cup he thrown away after good start, few low scores against NZ. See with your special glass & Ishan is still new can't be dropped without giving proper go.
My glass is not special. Yours is. Otherwise, you would see the first three innings SAY played. I could also suggest a school where they will teach you to read and not omit things at random or by choice. My son has that habit and his teacher is teaching him how to read all words in a sentence and all numbers in a sequence, etc. without skipping. One would have to be a moron to expect a player to play a solid inning every game they play. The number of players on the earth who do that: 0.

Anyone can be dropped at any time. The selectors have done that and will do so. Saying that a player who has batting at 38 avg. @ 158 SR is quite similar to Pant's about 25 runs/innings at less than 125 SR or so means that you either need new glasses or maybe even better a new brain.

We can always cherry-pick one innings that Kohli played and failed and anoint him the worst batsman in the world. But that would indeed be moronic. We should look at a body of work and look at aggregate statistics.
Rajkumar Sharma

prasen9 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:52 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:28 am Here are SKY 's performance in T20I so far 67, 50,11,6,62,1,0,34,8....in one or two matches he had to do nothing as India were close to victory, but in other cases when india bats first he has been one match up another match down.Quite similar to Pant. That Pakistan game in World Cup he thrown away after good start, few low scores against NZ. See with your special glass & Ishan is still new can't be dropped without giving proper go.
My glass is not special. Yours is. Otherwise, you would see the first three innings SAY played. I could also suggest a school where they will teach you to read and not omit things at random or by choice. My son has that habit and his teacher is teaching him how to read all words in a sentence and all numbers in a sequence, etc. without skipping. One would have to be a moron to expect a player to play a solid inning every game they play. The number of players on the earth who do that: 0.

Anyone can be dropped at any time. The selectors have done that and will do so. Saying that a player who has batting at 38 avg. @ 158 SR is quite similar to Pant's about 25 runs/innings at less than 125 SR or so means that you either need new glasses or maybe even better a new brain.

We can always cherry-pick one innings that Kohli played and failed and anoint him the worst batsman in the world. But that would indeed be moronic. We should look at a body of work and look at aggregate statistics.

You better take readmission and study in that school . There are plenty of first 3 match players in indian cricket who later lost because of inconsistancy. Vizay Bharadajwaj was one of those got MOS in his initial days in international cricket later lost. Comparing SR isnt a issue. A batter can score 2 out of 2 to have 100 SR. Its the runs and consistency that matters. Only a dumb can back inconsistency.There is heaven & hell in differance between Kohli & others. And his average is not at all in 30s. He is supreme in consistency at present going through bad patch but still 50s are comming from his bat
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

lol. Keep the nonsense flowing my friend.

And, remember, when you do not have facts to back you up and you cannot read and understand sentences, always make up stuff and argue against that. The tradition of creating strawmen and arguing against them goes all the way back to when humans started arguing. I never said that Kohli is a bad T20I player or even that SAY is the same as him. But, be my guest. Create these and keep arguing.

Please entertain us with more made up stuff. After all the human brain's best features are its creativity.

Any more profound observations, sir?
Last edited by prasen9 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rajkumar Sharma

You continue your idiotic views
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Brilliant! We idiots are waiting for more manna from people like you. Like I said, any other brilliant made-up stuff sir? I do really enjoy creative fiction.
Rajkumar Sharma

Correction, Its not We. When a people can't bear the response of their idiotic views they call others idiot :D Biggest creativity is backing a player on 3 innings and criticizing other players when they fail.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:11 pm Its not We. When a people can bear the response of their idiotic views they call others idiot :D
Ah, yes. Are you sure? I mean you are the one who used "your idiotic views" above. I did not directly call you or your views that today. I have actually called you several positive things like "brilliant", etc.

But, hey, let's not talk about us. I want to read more cricket-related friction from that brilliant mind of yours.
Rajkumar Sharma

prasen9 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:15 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:11 pm Its not We. When a people can bear the response of their idiotic views they call others idiot :D
Ah, yes. Are you sure? I mean you are the one who used "your idiotic views" above. I did not directly call your views that. I have actually called you several positive things like "brilliant", etc.

But, hey, let's not talk about us. I want to read more cricket-related friction from that brilliant mind of yours.
You can guess if not We then who really is. You are the biggest friction creator here. SKY 3 Innings, Ishan is useless, Vihari technical problem, Jadeja not an automatic selection :D
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:11 pm Correction, Its not We. When a people can't bear the response of their idiotic views they call others idiot :D Biggest creativity is backing a player on 3 innings and criticizing other players when they fail.
Ah, now who would have done that? I have always asked to see the whole body of work and use averages and SRs. And other aggregate statistics. I have never asked to look only at three innings. I used the three innings to show that he has played multiple matches where he succeeded as a direct counterpoint to your blatantly false statement that he has not played two innings of worth in succession in T20Is. My counterexamples proved your statement wrong and then, of course, as any slimy debater would do, you tried to shift the goalposts. That, my friend, is called a counter-example and not a theorem. And, one needs only one counterexample to prove a theorem wrong.

Thank you for the latest fiction that Ishan is useless. Brilliant!

What else did I say sir? Can you create a few more fictional statements? Yeh dil maange more.

Reading skills, reading skills. :p
Last edited by prasen9 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.