India domestic season 2017/18

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: India domestic season 2017/18

Post by Omkara »

2 of those 3 wickets were due to low bounce. Such a shame we still don't have proper wickets for Ranji matches
suresh

Post by suresh »

There was a lot of sideways (inswing) movement -- that played a bigger role than the bounce, I think.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

The first one hit the top of off-stump, the second near the top of middle stump, and the third (to Shorey) was the deadliest ball that curled in in the air and off the pitch to hit the top half of middle stump. I don't think any of them can be considered the result of low or bad bounce.
Where was this bad bounce in the rest of the match??
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

The Ranjis are over.

Here are the leaders.

Batting (qual:560 runs, by avg.): Anmolpreet, Mayank Agarwal, GH Vihari, Anustup Majumdar, FY Fazal, Harpreet Singh, KK Nair
Bowling (qual:25 wks, by avg.): AA Sarwate, Jalaj Saxena, RN Gurbani, R Vinay Kumar, CT Gaja.

Sarwate is 28 and averages around 17 in 16 matches having taken 78 wickets. Where was this guy? Slow left-arm orthodox. Blocked by Jadeja.

Gurbani is 24. 10 matches averages 19.28 over 50 wickets. Candidate for India-A. CI says he is a BK-style swing bowler but with speeds in the 130-135 range.

Gaja is 23. 11 matches, 39 wickets at 24.38.

The Ranji season is too small. These performances could be a flash in the pan. Sarwate and Gurbani have performed over some time though. Worth A-team slots?
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Rishabh Pant scored the second-fastest hundred in T20 history, brought up his century in 32 balls ... And helped Delhi to a 10-wicket win over Himachal Pradesh.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Nidahas Cup, (I-SL-B) T20I Tournament, 2018

Post by Sin Hombre »

This should be good to watch.

India A (Deodhar Trophy): Bawane (capt), Prithvi Shaw, Unmukt Chand, Akshdeep Nath, Shubman Gill, Ricky Bhui, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (wk), Krunal Pandya, Mohammed Shami, Navdeep Saini, Basil Thampi, Kulwant Khejroliya, Amandeep Khare, Rohit Rayudu

India B (Deodhar Trophy): Shreyas Iyer (capt), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Ankit Bawne, Manoj Tiwary, Siddhesh Lad, KS Bharat (wk), Jayant Yadav, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Hanuma Vihari, Siddarth Kaul, Khaleel Ahmed, Harshal Patel, Umesh Yadav, Rajat Patidar

Mayank Agarwal is part of the Kar squad which is the 3rd team in the competition.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sin Hombre »

Hanuma Vihari star of the first match with an unbeaten 95 off 76 balls. His FC average has gotten better and better with time and is at 60 now and now he seems to be staking a claim in list A as well.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am happy the guy with the missing "n" finally scored something. His parents may have deprived him of an "n" but maybe the selectors will not deprive him of a chance in India-A. Don't know how his technique is though. I have wanted him and Ankit Bawne to be given a decent run in the A-team for some time.

BTW, this discussion, fascinating as it is, perhaps belongs to a different thread. If a kind moderator would move these posts to a Indian Domestic cricket thread or Deodhar Trophy thread, I would be very grateful.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I really dislike the decision to have India A and India B as the competitors for the Deodhar and Duleep Trophies (alongside the winner of the Hazare and Ranji trophies respectively). This shortens the tournament into a good “trial” round for India A, no doubt, but it renders the competition meaningless from a team standpoint (except for the national champion side).
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

They should at least have both finalists. Then, there will be two teams each and you can play a round-robin league followed by a final if you really want one.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

The zonal format actually ensured a much higher quality tournament than the Ranji and Hazare, among 5 good teams. Why mess with that?
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Karnataka beat India B yesterday despite a 120 off 110 balls by Manoj Tiwary (who thus sent out a signal that he isn’t finished yet!) and a relative failure from the prolific and wronged-against Mayank Agarwal (44 off 40).
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

India B beat Karnataka in the final of the Deodhar Trophy despite a century by Samarth. Manoj Tiwary made 59 not out off 51 balls to take India B home in the final. He should surely be back in the reckoning now for an ODI slot.

In the Irani Trophy match (now ongoing at Nagpur), Vidarbha are heading for a crushing victory, after making 800/7 decl (Jaffer 286, Wankhede 157, Sathish 120, Fazal 89, Kaul 2/91, Ashwin 1/129). RoI are 236/6 in reply (Shaw 51, Vihari 81*, Gurbani 4/46).
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Against a bowling lineup having Ashwin in it!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Wriddhiman Saha slammed a world record knock scoring 102 runs off 20 deliveries in the J.C. Mukherjee Trophy ... Which consisted 14 sixes and 4 fours.