Cricket rain interrupted match

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

ganeshchenniah
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Cricket rain interrupted match

Post by ganeshchenniah »

Hi
Need a small help .
We are organising a cricket event in our company , we have a situation where rain interrupted match , we play 16 overs a side . Batting 1 st team had scored 85 runs with the loss of 10 wickets in 15.2 overs, chasing team scored 18 for 2 in 3 overs before rain . So should we go with the rematch or should we resume the same match ? .Your suggestion is very valuable .
Thanks
Ganesh c
Varma
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Cricket rain interrupted match

Post by Varma »

If you are in Team# 1 (85/10 in 15.2 overs), you should insist on resuming. If you are part of the team in trouble, you know what to do :p :p :p

- Varma
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Resume the same match, would be my suggestion. The match is quite evenly poised, and a resumed match will give you a fair result.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Varma wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:40 am If you are in Team# 1 (85/10 in 15.2 overs), you should insist on resuming. If you are part of the team in trouble, you know what to do :p :p :p

- Varma
Team 2 has made 18/2 in 3 overs, so they are ahead of the required run rate. (The target is 86 runs in 16 overs). We cannot be sure they are in trouble unless the two batsmen dismissed are their best batsmen.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I would look at the conditions. If the first match was played in rainy conditions where the ball was swinging a lot and now you are playing on a sunny day with totally different conditions, then I would replay the match.

If the conditions are similar, I would vote for continuing the match.

The reason for my suggestions should be obvious but if it is not, let me know, and I will write more. I am just too lazy now.