Virat Kohli Thread

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Virat Kohli Thread

Post by PKBasu »

Kohli now has 39 ODI centuries, just 10 away from Sachin's world record of 49 -- which was compiled over more than twice as many matches (463) as Kohli has played so far (218). Virat's ODI batting average (59.76) is easily ahead of everyone else who has scored more than 5 ODI centuries, and Virat has scored at a stunning strike rate of 92.84. (Sachin had an average of 44.83, and a strike rate of 86.23).
The closest average to Kohli's is AB DeVilliers' 53.50 -- although AB has now retired from international cricket, having made 25 centuries in his 228 ODIs. Dhoni also averages (just) over 50 with the bat in ODIs, and Rohit Sharma slightly less (48.29).
rana
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by rana »

:bounce: Kohli is a better batsman in all forms of the game this Talented in india :bounce:
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Kohli talked about a "surprise package" Prasidh Krishna for the T20 World Cup. It would be a surprise indeed. He was crappy for KKR. His T20 numbers are 36.66/8.66. Not wicket-taking, nor containing. He has had a stellar List-A career for Karnataka and has had a good start in the FC matches but putting him in a T20 world cup when we have Bumrah, Saini, Chahar, Hardik, Bhuvi, with Thakur and Umesh in the reserves and, if he figures it out how to keeps the runs down in this IPL, Shami, is crazy.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Prasidh is fast and has had a very good recent record in FC and List A. Kohli likes pace.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Yes, but unruly pace is useless. See Umesh. Or Varun Aaron. If he really wants him, he should ask MSK to drop Thakur and play PK.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am a big fan of Virat Kohli, not only the cricketer, but the whole person. Here is a story about him and Sir Viv. Interestingly, his kindness, do things yourself and make things happen attitude is what I love. And, his fighting spirit. Fitness focus. All priorities that I greatly value.

I became a fan when I think, he was 19, his dad died. He still played the Ranji Match I believe. His dad had a heart-attack. He was not out on 40 and his team, Delhi, was trying to avoid follow on. He came back and scored 90 and helped his team. Responsibility and care for the game.

BTW, there are two VK threads. Would a kind moderator please merge them?
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Virat Kohli On The Verge Of Getting Dropped From India's T20I Squad? Top BCCI Official Gives Major Hint

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/engli ... 61e&ss=wsp
Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

According to pak bowler Mohammad Asif, Kohli will struggle with age as he is a bottom hand player, its hard to carry that reflex with age but at the same time he said bottom hand players will look as GOAT when they are in rythm, but will decline with age. When it comes to Sachin, Ponting or Dravid, he expressed they are upper hand players which have very less effect with reflex, and can execute variety of shots, as a result they maintain their dominating form for long time
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

I respect Kohli as well not just for his batting prowess but also for turning our cricket team into a professional outfit in terms of fitness, preparation, focus etc. which is needed for sustained sporting excellence. However, I do think he is now on the downside of his career, so hopefully can continue to produce but will accept a reduced role if he isn't.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Agree fully with the professionalism part. Except that I think he does need to accept anything per se. The selectors should drop him if they feel he is not good enough or if he is out of form. I am sure he will not be a disruptive force if he is dropped, etc. Hopefully, it will light a fire under him to come back stronger. He just needs a break.
Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Things needs to be tried to make Kohli strong again. His captaincy leaving saga, clash with Ganguly Jay Shah and the selector needs to be discussed in a table, with him along with all those involved in the incident in an open way. He has been struggling mentally after this huge controversey. Lets all the party meet and solve this matter. This will definately make him mentally strong. Secondly, give him a long break if he wants, BCCI needs ECB like policy where star player like Stokes, Archer are very much open in asking for long time break.Last, the technical part, in 2014 England tour he was in similar situation and Sachin played a big role in solving it and bringing beast mode out of him. He could go back to him again to clear those mistakes and come out strong.
theoneliner

Post by theoneliner »

A must needed thread. In Virat Kohli we believe.. Meanwhile this is an article written on him..
https://theoneliner.in/virat-kohli-an-u ... g-mindset/
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

And this is one too. Slowest among Indians to accelerate PKB bristled when I called him a failure. Date provides a better analysis ... because, of course, he has the numbers and the wherewithal to provide the analysis.

I largely agree but not fully. The issue is that, yes, he accelerates slowly and we want someone who accelerates faster. But, the added complexity is that if we get a new batsman at the crease then the run rate dips.

What Date proposes at the end is what I think we should do. Just play our biggest hitters up front. If they succeed, we get to 200+. If they do not, then the accumulators can get us to a respectable total of 160 and then hope for our bowlers to dig us out.

So, the batting order should be:

SAY, Hooda, Bishnoi, Arshdeep, Hardik, Rohit, Rahul, Kohli, Jadeja, Bumrah, Bhuvi.

The bowlers will be asked to go in and pinch hit. Worth a try. We will not be afraid if Bishnoi or Arshdeep last 5 balls. Don't count those wickets mentally. Keep playing as if both together is one wicket or less ...

Chances are that this order will consistently score more than the traditional lineup because nobody is eating up balls early on. If we are 5 down in 5 overs, certainly we can hope that a lineup of Rohit, Rahul, Kohli, Jadeja can then bat 15 overs more ...
indiansportsfan

Post by indiansportsfan »

The problem is that a total of 160 is not defendable by our bowling lineup, except on surfaces that are extremely bowler friendly. Hence we have to stack up our lineup top-to-bottom with big hitters, specially on batting-friendly surfaces. On extremely bowler-friendly surfaces, you need 1-2 technically sound players in your lineup.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

VIrat was a great player until 2017. He has been a failure since. As are Dhawan and Rohit.

England have shown how white ball cricket should be played, and we are stuck with these clowns.