Test series in 2017

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

ankit1407
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Test series in 2017

Post by ankit1407 »

Yes 106 to win the test and series, 6 overs left in the day..Hope we go into dressing room without giving away a wicket ...
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Good stuff , 19-0 at stumps ...87 needed ..
ssp

Post by ssp »

87 needed tomorrow. Bet it won't be easy. We need to be positive and knock off another 20+ without losing a wicket to ease the pressure. Might be a good idea to promote Jadeja to no 4 to get a quick 20 and then leave only a few runs for the remaining batsmen.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

Umesh Yadav has been brilliant this series. Bhuvi needs to stick to his knitting -- swing -- rather than get sucked in to the race for pace (and the short stuff that goes with it).

Saha is a very reliably solid 'keeper-batsman. Jadeja is an ornament to the side, perhaps the player of this series.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Atithee wrote:Time for bed. Hope to wake up to an advantageous position.
Wow! Even in my wildest dream, I didn't expect this. Let's get the remaining runs without fuss and drama. Well done India.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Atithee, try watching the highlights if you can. It was exhilarating to see Umesh and Bhuvi literally have the Aussie openers (Warner and Renshaw) hopping. I had work so didn't watch it live, but the recording was worth watching-- especially when contrasted with the consummate calmness with which Rahul and Vijay negotiated the 6 overs with the Aussie new ball at the end of the day.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

This has been a spirited performance by India so far! Hope they can finish the job tomorrow without too much drama...
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Tomorrow is another day. I still remember the pain in West Indies against a weak team that we should have beaten in a canter. I think Kuruvilla set things up nicely for us before the batsmen committed hara-kiri. But, this is at home. And, this is a new India. They should just play their game and not try to lose a wicket. Of course, you have to try to go at about 3 runs/over but rotating the strike and the odd shot. Otherwise, the bowlers can do whatever they want and you lose a couple of wickets and then it becomes a dog-fight.

I would take 9 more partnerships of 10 runs each but would prefer 1 partnership of 87 runs.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

PKBasu wrote:Atithee, try watching the highlights if you can. It was exhilarating to see Umesh and Bhuvi literally have the Aussie openers (Warner and Renshaw) hopping.
Thanks PKB. I will watch the highlights for sure. Too bad it's after midnight here else I'd be watching live. I've always been an advocate for Umesh and BK (the bowler). I'm glad we didn't have I shan't. He would have surely given it away. Umesh is a gem and we should preserve him for tests.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Vijay being a bit of a cheat on the final Aussie wicket.

As for tonight, we need to get past the 5 over Cummins spell at the start with no damage and it should be a comfortable win. The first session is the easiest to bat on after the usage of the heavy roller overnight.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

That's a bit harsh on Vijay: the replay did not decisively demonstrate that he had grassed it; the fingers might well have been under the ball at that moment.

Anyway wicket 1 (Vijay) falls. The one example I always hark back to is what Kapil wrought at the MCG in 1981 (after Doshi had picked up a couple of wickets, including Greg Chappell, the previous evening). Rahul doing the right thing by steadily adding the runs.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

That's a bit harsh on Vijay: the replay did not decisively demonstrate that he had grassed it; the fingers might well have been under the ball at that moment.

Anyway wicket 1 (Vijay) falls. The one example I always hark back to is what Kapil wrought at the MCG in 1981 (after Doshi had picked up a couple of wickets, including Greg Chappell, the previous evening).

Rahul doing the right thing by steadily adding the runs.
Last edited by PKBasu on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Pujara has a brain fade and throws away his wicket , suddenly we are 2 down...60 more needed
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

And Pujara gets himself very stupidly run out.

India create pressure on themselves out of nowhere. Rahane up next before we get to the walking liability of Karun Nair.

I can see us losing from here.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

I don't think we are that has to lose from here ...Rahane eases the pressure with couple of boundaries...