Indian Women's Team thread ....

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Indian Women's Team thread ....

Post by PKBasu »

In women's cricket, England are still unassailable, and India are a decent #3 or 4 side in both versions of the game. The England women are now touring India, and our girls are on top so far -- so I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread to follow the progress of our women's cricket team as they take on the challenge of the world's best side. India are led by the world's fastest woman bowler, Jhulan Goswami, whose speed (120kph+) and movement might actually get her into some Ranji sides (and, perhaps, even into the Bengal men's side!).

India won the first game of the ODI series, with Priyanka Roy (a leggie who seems to be becoming a good batsman too) making 69*, before Goswami (3/16) and Rumeli Dhar (2/23) decimated England's top order.

England won ODI 2 by just three runs (despite a brilliant 91* from Mithali Raj as India fell for 180 in reply to England's 183), but England are now in trouble (30/3 after 14 overs) in the third ODI as Goswami (1/9 in 6 overs) and Dhar (2/14 in 7 overs) strike again.
PKBasu

Re: Women's cricket: India vs England 2010

Post by PKBasu »

Not much interest here, it seems. But the women are well on the way to victory, with veteran Anjum Chopra (40*) and newbie Poonam Raut (33*) having taken India to 86 for no loss in response to England's 130 all out.
suresh

Post by suresh »

I do follow women's cricket. Good to see India doing well against England. I only wish our women played more.

Suresh
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Looks like our women are following in the footsteps of our men by taking a couple of steps back after some recent success. They have lost a 3 match 50 over ODI series 0-3 to Australia at home. They are also down 0-2 in the T-20 version but with 3 more matches to go they can yet win the series.
bujilover
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by bujilover »

Ya I watched sunday's T20 match.Our women did bowl well to control the run rate,but still we need some opening partnerships to go with the chase.Looking forward to the next set of games.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Our women are doing an encore of our men and have now lost the T-20 series as well by 0-4. One match remains so that they can yet gain a consolation win...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Indian Women's Team thread ....

Post by jaydeep »

India Women r touring England to play two T20 and 5 ODIs.

We played one ODI with Ireland which we won comfortably.

India Women v Ireland Women ODI Match - India Women won by 9 wickets (with 20 balls remaining)

We lost both T20 matches against England easily.

India Women in England T20I Series - 1st T20I - England Women won by 33 runs

India Women in England T20I Series - 2nd T20I - England Women won by 8 wickets (with 17 balls remaining)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

We r having very good start in ODI series against England ... We r 2-0 up ... Won the first match by 5 wickets and won the second with 15 runs ... The second match was very low scoring ... Jhulan Goswami was star with 4/17 bowling figure ... Also 10th wicket partnership of 58 runs between Amita Sharma and Gouher Sultana helped us to score 125+.

India Women in England ODI Series - 1st ODI - India Women won by 5 wickets (with 3 balls remaining)

India Women in England ODI Series - 2nd ODI - India Women won by 14 runs
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Yes, good show by the Indian women against England, who are #1 in women's cricket, I think. The star of the first match was skipper Mithali Raj (94*) and the star of the second was the veteran former captain, Jhulan Goswami (as mentioned above by Jaydeep).
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

England won 3rd match by 3 wickets ... In this match also Mithali Raj scored 92 not out but Arran Brindle struck timely an unbeaten 40 to helped them to win this match ... We r still leading this 5 matches ODI series 2-1.

Interestingly England went into the series on a 7 match winning streak in one-day cricket.

India Women in England ODI Series - 3rd ODI - England Women won by 3 wickets (with 16 balls remaining)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Mithali Raj scored half century (58), her third half century of the series, and Harmanpreet Kaur also scored half century but again other Indian batswomen failed as only three batswomen reached in double digit ... For English women their all middle-order gave decent performance while chasing ... They won by 3 wickets.

India Women in England ODI Series - 4th ODI - England Women won by 3 wickets (with 6 balls remaining)

After this match series is tied 2-2 ... The final match of the sries will be played on Wednesday, 11th July 2012.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

India lost the series 2-3, after the batting failed in a rain-affected final match (folding for just 152) -- and England won comfortably using the D/L method. Mithali Raj, however, is now the world's top batswoman after an excellent series. Jhulan Goswami is ranked #4 among women bowlers worldwide -- and those two are the core of a pretty strong women's ODI side. To have given England (the best women's side) such a run for their money is an impressive achievement.

India Women in England ODI Series - 5th ODI - England Women won by 29 runs (D/L method)
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Are you kidding me? We were up 2-0 and lost three matches in a row. You are something else!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yes, I m also very disappointed that we lose this series after leading 2-0.
PKBasu

Women's Cricket Thread ...

Post by PKBasu »

China's women cricketers put up a decent fight against Bangladesh in a low-scoring T20 international:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/c ... 84916.html

Cricket finding new frontiers...