T10 Cricket

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

rohit.bakshi
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

T10 Cricket

Post by rohit.bakshi »

Gully Se Maidhan Tak, Talent Ki Pehchaan Get ready for the second season of T-10 Gully Cricket which will be flagged off by Bollywood star Divya Dutta on the 19th of January, 2010 with a magnificent opening ceremony at Sirsa, Punjab. The best thing about the concept of this game is that it takes us back to where it all started from - the glorious gullies of India. A total of about 39 games will be played between 17 teams from tier 2 & 3 towns in this season. Any aspiring cricketer between the age limit of 15-24 years can take part in this format of the game. The live telecast of the cricket talent hunt will be broadcasted over a period of 14 days at 4:30 pm on the national sports channel DD-sports. For more details, check out http://www.t10gullycricket.org/
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: T10 Gully Cricket Season 2 Ab Har Koi Khelega

Post by jayakris »

I almost deleted the thread thinking it was some scam. But it looks legit. OK, come back and plase post some news later.

Jay
rohit.bakshi

Allahabad versus Jalandhar in T10 gully cricket today

Post by rohit.bakshi »

Allahabad and Jalandhar gullies of T10 gully cricket are going to battle it out today. It is going to be tough match today. Check out all the fun and excitement Live on DD Sports.
rohit.bakshi

Dates of T10 Gully Cricket matches changed

Post by rohit.bakshi »

The dates for semi-finals and finals of T10 Gully Cricket have been changed. Now the semi-finals would start from 3rd March, 2010. The first match would be between Jalandhar and Allahabad gullies. T10 gully cricket is a platform for aspiring cricketers to perform in front of huge audience. Cricket lovers can catch all the action on DD Sports. Check out the new schedule here: http://www.t10gullycricket.org/schedule.html
rohit.bakshi

T10 Gully Cricket Grabs High Viewership for DD Sports

Post by rohit.bakshi »

T10 Gully Cricket - Season 2 marked its debut on 19th Jan'10 on DD Sports with a channel share which is second only to Neo Cricket and is higher than Ten Sports. These were only the group stages of the tournament. Watch out for the final leg between 3rd - 7th March'10 to be telecast live on DD Sports, involving 8 teams.
rohit.bakshi

Watch the T10 Super 8 Matches LIVE on DD Sports

Post by rohit.bakshi »

Being Held At Jan Nayak Ch. Devi Lal National Cricket Academy, Sirsa, Haryana, the Super 8 matches, semi-final matches and the final of T 10 Gully Cricket Season 2 will be telecast LIVE on DD Sports. Jalandhar, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Daman,Ludhiana, Surat, Ballia and Sirsa will compete against each other for the winning trophy. Super 8 matches will start from 3rd March, 2010.
rohit.bakshi

T 10 Gully Cricket Season 2 at its FINAL stage

Post by rohit.bakshi »

Cricket is a passion and mania for Indian. Cricket is one game that unites whole of India in one thread. And now cricket has got a new recognition with the unique concept of T 10 Gully Cricket. Well, the preliminary matches for T 10 Gully Cricket Season 2 are over and cricket lovers are waiting eagerly for the super 8, semi-finals and final matches. To catch the action LIVE, tune into DD Sports. Don't forget to cheer up your favorite Gully team.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Poor marketing to call this Gully cricket, because that just seems to make it look like something one should not take seriously. Couldn't they come up with a better name for it (thouh it is Gully cricket) ..

Jay
rohit.bakshi

Just 7 Days to Go For T 10 Gully Cricket Super 8 Matches

Post by rohit.bakshi »

The T10 Gully Cricket is amazing and with the Season 2 matches going on in full swing, cricket lovers are simply becoming crazy. In the T10 Gully Cricket Season 2, games are short, full of fun and played in different parts of India. With the preliminary matches over, fans are waiting eagerly for the Super 8 matches which will start from 3rd March onwards. Catch the action LIVE on DD Sports at 4.30 pm onwards.
rohit.bakshi

Catch T10 gully cricket Fever LIVE on DD Sports

Post by rohit.bakshi »

Cricket is undoubtedly the most popular sports in India. And T10 gully cricket is a wonderful opportunity for young aspiring cricketers between the age group of 15- 24 years to present their skills and get to perform at the national level. The video promotion- Gabbar ka naya war cry, created for T10 gully cricket has become very popular too. Group matches are going to start from 3^rd March, 2010. Sirsa gullies, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Surat, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Ballia and Daman gullies have reached the super 8 stage of T 10 Gully Cricket. Watch all the action LIVE on DD Sports.

For more details, see here: http://www.t10gullycricket.org
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

And now, Kerala wins the T10 championship in Sharjah beating Punjabi Legends! Jay must be very annoyed. Report

Request: Can a moderator please change the title of the thread to T10 Cricket? I think we have already posted to this thread things that are not related to Season 2 and instead of creating another thread, maybe we should just "generalize" this thread.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Aren't they all Pakistani teams playing in Sharjah?

I am guessing the name is just to appeal to local Malayalees.
Varma

Post by Varma »

Sin Hombre wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 am I am guessing the name is just to appeal to local Malayalees.
I guess you are right. I see no (Indian) Punjabis or Malayalees in those resepctive teams :D :D :D

Scorecard

- Varma
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

How many Mumbaikars are in the Mumbai Indians team? How many Chicagoans were in Jordan's Bulls team? New Yorkers in the Yankees team? They got a whole bunch of Pakistanis because they were available. India, Sri Lanka, England, and Australia are playing matches. But, they got some people like Ronchi, Brathwaite, Morgan, Stirling, etc. too.

These are professional "club"s. They have few to none (players from the same city/state). I am fine with the Kerala whatevers not having any Malayali. In the middle East, the majority of the Malayalees live in almost slave-like conditions, paid peanuts, robbed of their pay at whim, and abused. Their entertainment is the weekend cinema showing Bollywood movies or a cricket club or some such thing. This tournament win must have brought an element of joy and pride to these people. I am happy. I don't care if it was done to cater to them and it does not contain actual Malayalees.

I have been a fan of clubs that employ people from anywhere. And, in the past have said umpteen times that the Ranji Trophy should allow teams to play any players from anywhere on the earth. So, should our football teams. That is the best way to improve quality, imho. Since I am getting old, I do not want to rehash the debates of yesteryears. I know a bunch of you feel otherwise and respectfully differ.

:Offtopic: Jay must be doubly happy because Karun Nair scored a 153 in the Ranji semis :devil: out of a team total of about 300! He possibly single-handedly hauled them into the finals (expected case).
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Wait, Kerala is in the final? I thought PKB or somebody said Kerala was out, and I stopped paying attention.... EDIT: Oh, he took Karnataka to the final. Why do I care? Play for Kerala, and I will care for you. Otherwise I care for you if you play for India. But India doesn't care for you Karun, whatever you do... So that means you don't play for anybody i care for. Sorry.