T10 Cricket

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: T10 Gully Cricket Season 2 Ab Har Koi Khelega

Post by prasen9 »

:-) Kerala won it all. But we are talking of a T10 tournament in Sharjah and not the Ranjis. Can you please edit the title of the thread to T10 Cricket? Thanks.

A Keralite playing for Karnataka, Karun Nair will be in the final though playing for Karnataka. Maybe you can follow his exploits now that Sreesanth is persona non grata :-)
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: T10 Cricket

Post by jayakris »

Okay, changed the title.

Every time Kerala wins anything in cricket, I shed a tear for all the other sports that Kerala could be better at, like they had shown in the past (a large reason for which was that cricket was simply not much known in Kerala before 1985). But if they win with players brought from outside Kerala, and not with home-grown talent, then I won't shed tears and can cheer them!

But we should give that dude Karun Nair some more chances with India. The fellow seem to show some truly remarkable steel at times. That ability is not too common.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

True. And he won us a match in South Africa playing for the A-team against theirs. The next 1.5 to 2 years, we will be touring abroad. I expect our domestic "dada"s to be shown to be a failure and/or injured while facing the fast, bouncy ball. I hope Nair will be given a chance then.

Yes, this Kerala team was half (or more) Pakistani and was more like a professional club than a state team.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

jayakris wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm Okay, changed the title.

Every time Kerala wins anything in cricket, I shed a tear for all the other sports that Kerala could be better at, like they had shown in the past (a large reason for which was that cricket was simply not much known in Kerala before 1985). But if they win with players brought from outside Kerala, and not with home-grown talent, then I won't shed tears and can cheer them!
There is literally no Keralite connection outside of the name !!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

The T10 tournament is run by the Pakistan Cricket Board. There is zero real connection among the players, coaches, administrators to Kerala. They named the team Kerala Kings to get the support of the large expat Malayali population in the Gulf.

The Kerala King had 5 West Indians, 2 English, 2 Pakistani, 2 UAEiti, 1 Irish, 1 Bangladeshi, 1 Pakistani-HongKongese, and 1 Dutch.

The funny thing is that one of the teams is called Maratha Arabians :-) Are they Marathi? Or are they Arabs? The closest they have is one Jat. No Arabs. A bunch of Pakistanis. They do have a WIan (Guyanese) named Krishmar Santokie. I doubt he is of Marathi origin, but, I am not sure.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

That is positively funny. I know it is marketing, and is done just to get the Kerala people in the gulf to show up, but this is sort of extreme in naming teams. I assume they had some Pakistani names also, like Balochistan Bengals or something?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

The other teams are Pakhtoons, Punjabi Legends, Team Sri Lanka, and Bengal Tigers. The Sri Lankan team is all Sri Lankans. The Pakhtoons team is largely Pakistanis and UAE. The Bengal Tigers are a mix of Pakistanis and West Indians.