Indian Women's Cricket

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

rajitghosh
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Women's Cricket

Post by rajitghosh »

Nice pictures and so thrue. India has taken over the chokers title from South Africa.
Mukherjee Babu

Post by Mukherjee Babu »

"WHEN WE WILL GET THAT BIG MATCH PLAYER WHO WILL MAKE THE TEAM WIN ICC EVENT ? "
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I must get this off my chest. The recent pay parity and WIPL makes me shake my head. Indian women have achieved zero success at international stage. They simply take their “appointed” place in semis because there aren’t really better teams a bit unlike men who can prevent them although even that is becoming harder.

Mithali Raj or Mandhana or Kaur have never come to party when it matters and all this manna from heaven landing in their laps is so undeserved.

Expect further degradation in results and foreigners laughing away to bank at the expense of foolish BCCI decisions and Indian sheeples. Wake up corporates too! Don’t let Jay Shah throw away your hard earned money.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

rajitghosh wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:23 am Nice pictures and so thrue. India has taken over the chokers title from South Africa.
Maybe we should have a photo collage of people on this forum who abuse the English language. The word "choker" has a specific meaning and the last time I looked it up, it was not "loser". Nor "not good enough". Nor "over-ranked". In many of these cases, India was never in a position to win the cup. In the last T20I WC, it was clear that the team was flawed and did not have people who could bat consistently at a high SR. Also, did not have bowlers and were not tagged to go beyond the semifinals. Yesterday, at no point really was the game in the bag of our ladies. Australia was simply a better team, slightly but clearly. In the last men's semis, I do not think we were winning at any point. So, however sexy the term is, not all of these were chokers.

In essence, how do we know it was due to nervousness and not lack of skill?
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Not sure if this was discussed on this forum but the Indian women's cricket team won back to back test matches against England and Australia both matches being played at different stadiums in Mumbai. In fact England was thrashed badly. This is some achievement given that these are two of the best teams in the world. Standout performers were Deepti Sharma, Jemima Rodrigues, Pooja Vastrakar and Sneh Rana.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

The old guard of Jemimah, Harmanpreet and Deepti lost us the match batting after a very nice opening partnership and despite the heroics of Richa Ghosh with the bat. This is a young team. We should clean up the team a bit and let the youngsters come up the order and play a more important role.

Old: Harmanpreet (34), Saika (28), Renuka, Mandhana (27), Deepti (26)
Young: Shafali, Titas (19), Richa (20), Kanika, Shreyanka (21)

Let Harmanpreet retire or drop her. Touch up the rest of the team a bit. And, we should have a very good team.