All about SR Tendulkar

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: All about SR Tendulkar

Post by suresh »

Omkara wrote:Ganguly never got the recognition in media but he is immensely respected the people in general. Not only did he change the attitude, I feel he was the first and most impartial captain in a country like India were caste, religion & region related issues plague the system.
Spot on, Sumanta. Ganguly changed how players were selected to play for India and the quota system more or less disappeared during his time. He backed his instincts and players bringing a toughness that Indian teams of the past lacked. While he may not have been as cerebral as Brearley, like Brearly, Ganguly made the Indian team better by being their captain. Dravid/Tendulkar are much better cricket players but not necessarily good captains -- I suspect that both of them (i.e., Tendulkar/Dravid) will agree with the second part of my statement.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TamUy_PZzBM Can't wait, probably the most awaited movie in my life
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Watched the movie - Sachin - the billion dreams. It is more of a documentary than a film but still a really nice summary of Indian cricket from 1989 to to 2011. Good watch particularly for Sachin fans.