Indian domestic cricket/ players

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Indian domestic cricket/ players

Post by PKBasu »

Pujara's poor form continues, with just 18 in the first innings against Hampshire.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

And now he scores a century.... He has more chance of getting picked to the England team than Pieterson.. :p
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Good to see him finally make runs (133* in the second innings against Hampshire). His place in the side was looking dodgy until this innings -- and he rose to the challenge just in time!
suresh

Post by suresh »

Today is the start of the Ranji trophy season. Karnataka should be a strong favourite to win it for the third consecutive time ("three-peat" in American parlance). Tamilnadu plays Baroda in the first match -- I hope TN make it to the second stage but I am not too confident about their bowling. Fast bowler Aswin Crist who had a good season last time around is out of the first match due to injury. Abhinav Mukund is the captain and the other Baba, Indrajith is the vice-captain -- the latter is an intriguing choice as he made it to the Ranji team only last season. Indrajith is a leg-spinning all-rounder but isn't bowling due to a shoulder problem.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Viru made 72 on his Haryana debut, but was out just before lunch with the team score 120/3.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

The new domestic season has begun with the Duleep Trophy, now being played among 3 selections of players rather than among the zones -- which further reduces any spectator interest.
Nonetheless India's first-ever first-class match under lights (and with a pink ball) makes this first match historic. The bowlers dominated the first day, with Sandeep Sharma shining as the pink ball swung prodigiously on Day 1. But India Red (with Mukund making 77) took a slim first innings lead of 10 runs, and have now piled on 206/1 in the second innings (with Mukund getting a century, and Chatterjee 85*).
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

For India Red, the star bowler was Nathu Singh, who has raw pace and the ability to move the ball in the air and off the pitch. He took 6/53 in the first innings. On the third session of the second day, India Red are 304/3 in their second innings, leading by 314 runs.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am glad to see Mukund scoring. Imho, he is one of the best among the young openers we have. He was tried too early and dumped. It is hard to see where he fits in now. But, after Vijay and Dhawan retire, we should look at him carefully.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Mukund is making a strong case to become Rahul's opening partner in tests.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Mukund fell for 169, and India Red ended at 486 all out in the second innings (Shreyas Gopal 5/123). Gurkeerat made 82 for India Red.

India Green are 96/1, still needing another 401 runs to win. Uthappa 47 not out off 52 balls.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Kuldeep Yadav (5/55) has reduced India Green to 217/7. Uthappa raced to 72 off 66 balls, but then succumbed. Only skipper Raina (42*) stands among the ruins.
jessicapatel123
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jessicapatel123 »

hye i'm new here.My best player sachin which say god of cricket.

regards
jessica patel
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

MSK impact on Andhra Cricket
“Five years ago, frankly speaking, but for the stadium here (Visakhapatnam), we hardly had anything in the districts,” says MSK Prasad, ACA's director for six years before he was appointed an India selector last year. “Our primary focus was on developing infrastructure. When we thought we had the infrastructure, we developed the academies,” adds Prasad, who became India's chief selector two months ago. The state now has a staggering 18 first-class grounds. It also has three residential academies for boys/men (Under-14, Under-16 and Under-19) and one for women.
One important change made during Prasad's tenure as director was the advent of neutral selectors for the senior team. “It's been prevalent for six years,” says Prasad. “So, no selector can push for the selection of a player from his own district. When we post them to see matches, no selector is posted to view matches involving his own district.”

ACA has a policy of allowing parents to question selection. “In the last six years, hardly three-four parents have questioned selection,” says Prasad. “When they come, we host them free in a hotel, we show them the stats, we call the chairman of the selection committee. He must speak to them in front of us — director and secretary — and explain why their children were not selected.” The idea, says Prasad, is not to question the integrity of the selectors, but to “clear the doubts of the parents”, because “all parents believe that their kid is the best, an icon”!

Andhra is at the top of the C group now and would likely qualify for the quarters. I think over a period of 4-6 years, they will establish themselves amongst the top-10 Ranji teams in India. They are slowly developing a good top-order with Bharat, Prashant, Bhui, Vihari (all in the 20-25 range). Bowling led by Vijay (averages <23/wicket even after 70 odd matches) and Bhatt. Hopefully can find 3-4 good players coming up the pipeline soon given the surge in cricket in the region.

MSK is slowly turning out to be the Gopi for Cricket in Andhra I think
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I did not know this. But, I found MSK's explanations for people who were considered, who were dropped, and who was chosen quite clear. Whether I agree with his decisions or not, I appreciate his being candid. That sets a good example. I was pleasantly surprised and thought that this guy at least cares to explain what he is doing quite well. Generally, such transparency is good and builds trust with the public that the right decision is being made. And, it is heartening to see that he is a good administrator. I hope he goes further wrt administering Indian cricket. The setup badly needs some capable, clean people.

Now only if he would drop Ishant ...
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

It is good that MSK is talking to players who have done well in the domestics to give them hope. Article Bawne has pretty much done everything that a young batsman can be asked to do. Yet, he has not really got chances for India-A. Bawne, Iyer, and Vihari should be given India-A chances because they have done consistently well in the domestic FCs.