World Cup 2019

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

World Cup 2019

Post by prasen9 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:40 pm

We were discussing Raina in different threads. So, I thought I would create this thread given that it is about a year away. Wrt Raina, he may well be a candidate, but the way Manish is playing in the T20s and that Raina has been good but not that great, he may get some more chances.

The cup is from end of May to mid July. Hopefully, the weather will be conducive to some good cricket. I do not want flat belters because we do not do very well. But against EAR countries in really swinging conditions may not be ideal either.

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: World Cup 2019

Post by PKBasu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:26 pm

We will definitely go into the World Cup in England as firm favourites to win it. Bhuvi will be the core of the bowling, and swing will play a big part. Gurbani will hopefully come into the reckoning as well.

Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: World Cup 2019

Post by Sin Hombre » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:19 am

Gurbani is a trundler and needs to put the hard work like Bhuvi did to increase his pace by 10 clicks. International batsman will feast on his bowling especially on the pancakes which are often produced in LOI cricket including in England.

That said, his List A average is dismal and he will get his opportunities in first class matches for the A team.