Sania Mirza Tournaments 2012

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

anisha
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza Tournaments 2012

Post by anisha »

That's a good point too Pectorus. It could be that she just underestimates her talent and doesn't think she'll get any better. That's why you hire a coach, to go towards your potential which you feel is ahead of you. To think that you could have won a match if you just worked on A and B more. Maybe she doesn't feel that optimism, or that it's worth investing in. I hope this retirement has nothing to do with pressure and what she perceives as expectations from others/media, i don't think many have been expecting much these last few years anyway.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I don't think she would go away from singles for the reason that she thinks her talent and abilities aren't good enough. That is just not how she is, and how she thinks. Nothing to do with her thoughts and decisions on what to do on the coaching matter (though, she could have accomplished more with some better coaches earlier on, in my view). If she is going away from singles now, it is most probably only because she doesn't think she can stay healthy enough to do what is needed. She kept getting injury re-flares whenever she played a bunch of singles and perhaps seemed ready to go back up. Every time.

Jay
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

She is a confused mind. She doesn't know ' Who I'm ? Why I'm? '
pectorus

Post by pectorus »

where is she, @Sania mirza. is she going to play in a tournament in near future??
anis0301

Post by anis0301 »

She will play Korea with Anabel Medina Garrigues.
And Tokyo and Beijing with Nuria Llagostra Vives.
:goodluck:
pectorus

Post by pectorus »

can't she have a stable partner. what's the use of changing partners in every other tournament, this is not going to help her. as per her she's going to focus on doubles full time now than at least she should find a regular partner for herself.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

I read that her regular partner Mattek is injured. So, she had to find a new partner for these tournaments. These things keep happening in doubles .
pectorus

Post by pectorus »

but than she's not doing that well with her regular partner as well. she needs to find some one better with a good serve i think.
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

$500K KDB Korea Open, Seoul - Hard

Not an easy first round for Sania/Garrigues....... :goodluck:

[R1] Sania Mirza (IND) / Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v. Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB) / Vania King (USA)
prassana

Post by prassana »

Tough opener..Mattek Sands keeps getting injured..she is worse than Sania in that area..And i think for 2013 she should get back with Vesnina or someone else..please not mattek..she should start doing well as she is just going to concentrate on Doubles..by the way,has she officially retired from singles?
SaniaFan2

Post by SaniaFan2 »

No she has not retired from Singles :)
In her latest interview she described that She wanted to keep the option open for singles, She is training like a Singles player, She tells that she may surprise us by start playing singles, Her body currently is not keeping her injury free, She will continuously play more doubles next year
Lets hope for the best :)
She can surprise all of us by start playing singles again :)
Next year She will Play more likely with Srebotnik, we will have to wait for confirmation about that :)
prassana

Post by prassana »

Thanks Saniafan..did not know about the Srebotnik part..but i saw the interview as well and to be honest that gave a lot of hope after a very very long time..u know the way said that it's tempting and she misses singles and still trains like that,gives a lot of hope actually..i hope Sania surprises me once again by coming back..this break from Singles this whole year might have some good effect on her body and mind and she may start playing again..starting with the WTA Challenger in India in November :D
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

Sania and Anabel lost in match tie-break after winning the first set.

At $500K KDB Korea Open, Seoul

[R1] (2) Sania Mirza (IND)/ Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) l Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB)/ Vania King (USA) 75 46 7-10
pectorus

Post by pectorus »

i too watched the episode of beautiful people featuring sania mirza and i must say the way she expressed her feelings about her love for singles, she may be well on course to surprise the nation once again and it's a good decision if she's decided to partner Srebotnik next year, will be a good pairing to watch out for :)
prassana

Post by prassana »

Mirza/Nuria seeded no.2 lost their opening match in Tokyo to Jurak/Marosi 0-6,6-4,8-10..Another tough loss for Sania..