Sania Mirza Tournaments 2011

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza Tournaments 2011

Post by Saniapower »

one not so encouraging match report from an eyewitness

Code: Select all

Mirza looks in great shape, but thats it. No footwork at all, still trying to hit the cover off every ball. Against an opponent who is capable of stringing two points together, she will come unstuck. I actually don't know how Voegele didn't win this. She looked like the better player in every department, except the score board. Mirza was not impressive.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

Trust Saniapower to find a biased observer! If Sania can win 64 60 against a higher-ranked seed, and then 62 62 in Q2, maybe being in great shape is good enough...Clearly she is playing good tennis too, footwork or no footwork.
shashi

Post by shashi »

As long as she wins matches and that too with such a convincing scoreline,we will take that :-)
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Saniapower - If no source is given for that above account, it will be edited out. Forum rules. If it is copied from another online pr print/press source, the source needs to be given. If it is an eye witness you know, you have to vouch for him/her and it needs to be material that YOU received directly from him. Just as in a newspaper.

Sania won, by the way. I would normally laugh at any eyewitness who says a player who lose 46 06 was better in every department. That is usually a witness who does not understand tennis much... If not, pray tell us about this eyewitness.

Jay
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Jay i presume the above post is to SaniaPower and not for MC.

Hope Sania beats her opponent in final qualies.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Doubles draw @ ASB Classic

(3) Mirza/Voracova vs. Borwell/Pelletier
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

can one of the moderators please remove the link to betting site that i had posted above (i had done that yesterday since it seemed to be the only site showing live scores). i don't seem to have edit rights on the post anymore.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Removed the link.

Great, so another excellent dominating win by Sania to moved into final qualifying round ... She will meet German Sabine Lisicki to place in main-draw ... In doubles Sania is partnering experienced Czech player Renata Voracova.

At $220K ASB Auckland International, New Zealand

[Q3] Sania Mirza (IND,141) vs Sabine Lisicki (GER,175)

Doubles
[R1] (3) Sania Mirza (IND)/ Renata Voracova (CZE) vs Sarah Borwell (GBR)/ Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN)
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Why doesn't she skip doubles at least in the weeks when she is playing qualies?? .. Oh my God, when will she stop this? Just take a break from doubles for 3 to 5 months or play just very few events. She enters for doubles everywhere.. I give up :)

bujilover - yes, the give-source comment was to saniapower. I still tend to confuse MC and SP all the time because of the negativity :)

Jay
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

The quote was from tennisforum. A guy named Mana. Tennis Forum thread
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

What I like about Sania is her love towards the game. Go girl!! She is one of those players who wants to be in the action, doesn't care about singles ranking though she is a very good singles player. Genuine interest in the game of tennis :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

sania's match in progress; shown live on their website. sania trails 0-2, broken in the 2nd game.

sabine seems to have a chicken of a 2nd serve as well, got hammered on the 2nd pt; trailed 15-30, but manages to hold and makes it 0-3 for sania. :-(

sania looks very much like the one we know in the 4th game - a horrible UFE hitting the FH miles wide, second serves sitting up, and finally, a DF to surrender the game :damn: 0-4

a quick hold by lisicki 5-0, she seems to be doing the minimum reqd. to win, very optimised - just like you would expect a top player to be. and, our sania, all over the place except being there where it matters !!!

sania was down 30-40 and sabine netted an easy overhead, survives to deuce; sania manages to win a game finally :roll: 1-5;

hits a strong FH right back and brings the error 15-15; 30-15, winner by sabine and SP; first set to sabine 6-1 :puke:
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

deep shots & great placements by sabine, that's what's making most of the difference
First game 2nd Set 30-30; weak 2nd serve gets hammered 30-40; deuce; an Ace by sania, am i dreaming?; another good serve to hold game 1-0;
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

guess everyone's watching and do not need commentary from me, is that right or shall i continue?
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

hits an easy volley wide, what was she thinking? :damn: