Sania Mirza Tournaments 2011

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

SaniaFan2
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza Tournaments 2011

Post by SaniaFan2 »

Saniapower wrote:
iShUuU wrote:May be you are right.What tricky adjustments you are talking about? :roll:
Last week she didnt play with Sania. This week she is playing with somebody else. What does it indicate ? her injury ?
Her injury coming and going in right time for her !
There was a sign in confusion from Mirzanina Thats why Sofia Arvidsoon Got to a Doubles draw so she thanked them
Now coming to Dallas Round 1,Yes i will be there ..Earlier this match was scheduled to be on afternoon but they just Shifted to 5:30 PM due to heat policy
it is 90% certain that Sania will loose today
I am sorry to say this..Because i watched sabine in San diego she is in good form,Only wy this match can go to 3 sets if sabine serves very poorly...
I will be happy if this goes to 3 sets
i have already said that Sania/ves will play together for a year,don't worry
prassana

Post by prassana »

Lisicki has played against better players and is high on confidence..
but Sania never fails to surprise us..whether its her win over Vania last week just when v lost hope or losing to Arn quickly..
Atleast the Heat Factor should help Sania..she has been training there for about a week now..So hoping for the best..any live stream for this match???and if it is 5.30 pm start,then it'll be 4.15 am in Ind rite???
:goodluck: Sania!!!
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

Its the 1st match on court and yet its starting so late :roll:
vparam
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by vparam »

rajorshi wrote:Its the 1st match on court and yet its starting so late :roll:
Think about it, they are playing in Dallas. For the sake of the fans, no need to start a match in the early afternoon when it is 100 degrees. I believe you or someone else asked the same question about the late starting times in Washington. I said back then it works the same way for the Chennai ATP, that the later start makes it bearable for the players and fans. By the way, I heard that Sania took in the Dallas Cowboys football game last night, but have not read any news confirming this.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

prassana wrote:Read a very shocking bt funny thing in Sofia Arvidsson's blog:

The question is whether this week's Miss goes to the double pair Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina. When they would signal to the doubles here in Cincinnati so blessed them in the wrong paper. They designed into the U.S. Open instead. So they did not come with this. Sad because they are among the best pairs ..
this is how google translated the page into english..

How stupid!!!Did they really miss such an imp n crucial tournament just because of this stupidity???wake up gals!!!both on and off court!!!
Now US OPEN will be very imp..they are already fallen to no3 in the race..n i think after that only Tokyo n Beijing left..pls qualify fr YEC.. :goodluck: Gals!!!
From tennisforum i have got this piece of info

No, Sania and Elena wanted to (and intended to) play dubles at Cincinnati, but they made some terrible mistake during the sign in! They signed in for the US Open in stead of Cincinnati (by mistake!), and had to move on to New York!

Code: Select all

The "miss of the week" (or "blunder of the week") probably goes to doubles team Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina. When they should sign in for the doubles here in Cincinnati, they used the wrong form. They signed in for the US Open in stead. So the couldn't enter here. A shame, as they were one of the best teams.
Then a reader of Sofia's blog asked how such a thing could happen. Sofia's reply

Code: Select all

Usually there is only one sign-in form, but since US Open is a Grand slam, you can't sign in on the site, but must do it before you get to the slam. Therefore there are also sign-in papers for the slams at the previous tournaments. 
anis0301

Post by anis0301 »

Very happy with Sohaib's inclusion in the pak team...Sania is very excited and the good personal life will help her professionally as well...importantly she go in the match with a positive frame of mind...so lets hope for the best...Sania yet to win a main draw match in an International Event this year...hope she does it in style...
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I'm glad the mistake did not happen the other way --- if it did have to happen.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

vparam wrote: Think about it, they are playing in Dallas. For the sake of the fans, no need to start a match in the early afternoon when it is 100 degrees.
Now a days it is 100+ degrees even at 8:00pm (Yes 8:00pm!). In fact, early afternoon the temperature is still rising and it peaks around 6:00pm. And on the courts, the temperature is even higher.
vparam

Post by vparam »

ajay wrote:
vparam wrote: Think about it, they are playing in Dallas. For the sake of the fans, no need to start a match in the early afternoon when it is 100 degrees.
Now a days it is 100+ degrees even at 8:00pm (Yes 8:00pm!). In fact, early afternoon the temperature is still rising and it peaks around 6:00pm. And on the courts, the temperature is even higher.
I understand. That's why they are starting at 5:30 and not at 12 noon. It's better to start late so a majority of the matches are played when temperatures are dropping, rather than start at 12 noon and have the sun beating down on the players and fans the entire time. This tournament is too small to have a day and night session, so starting late makes sense. Finally, I'm sure they took into account ticket sales by starting matches in the late afternoon/early evening.
prassana

Post by prassana »

Sania to serve 2-3
prassana

Post by prassana »

lost 1st set 3-6 :mad:
prassana

Post by prassana »

Broken 0-1 second set
prassana

Post by prassana »

0-3 down 2 breaks :damn:
prassana

Post by prassana »

0-5 :clap:
3-6,0-6..shame on Mirza..i did not expect to see her play such a pathetic match full of errors..
worst hardcourt season of her career..not won a MD match.. :mad: :damn: :cry:
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

By the time I manage to open my pc, the match gets over. Don't remember the last time I woke up so early. What a waste.