Sania Mirza Tournaments 2011

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

iShUuU
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Sania Mirza Tournaments 2011

Post by iShUuU »

tough round.sabine is in hot form
rajorshi
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by rajorshi »

I will be optimistic as always! Liscki was beaten by Peer this week. Peer had a 6-4 5-0 lead, eventually winning 6-4 7-6! Even Jankovic who is having a miserable year, made the semis in Cincinnati. She had beaten Benesova 6-0 6-3 in rd 1. :goodluck: to Sania. I hope she plays in doubles. How about pairing up with Sabine herself ??? :mrgreen:
prassana

Post by prassana »

If shuai peng withdraws which is very likely then seeds will be replaced..
Halep would replace Lisicki..
iShUuU

Post by iShUuU »

sania is not playing doubles this week
prassana

Post by prassana »

Sania and Lisicki both were coming back from injury when they first faced each other in Jan..Lisicki won bt Sania could have won that easily with a 5-2 lead in 3RD Set TB..
In april,it looked like Sania was having a better comeback as Lisicki was still out of top 150..And Sania won in straight sets on Clay..
But then Lisicki has done extremely well reaching SF at Wimbledon and Stanford..She is back to her career best ranking of 22 while Sania has not managed to get back to top50..4 tournaments with no good results for Sania..
Lisicki's serve is so powerful bt she can self destroy herself too most of the times as she struggles more than Sania to keep the ball inside the court especially against hard hitters..and she also lost to Peer in Cincinnati in straight sets..
So please Sania serve well and please prove that you are better than Lisicki especially on your favourite Hard Courts..cmon Sania.. :goodluck: Sania!!!
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

iShUuU wrote:Sania is not playing doubles this week
Vesnina is playin with Radionova in another tournament. Vesnina is very clever not so simple like Sania. Her 2 eyes dont look good to me.lol.I can smell something wrong here. She has given a serious blow to Sania this summer by making all those tricky adjustments.
iShUuU

Post by iShUuU »

Saniapower wrote: Vesnina is playin with Radionova in another tournament. Vesnina is very clever not so simple like Sania. Her 2 eyes dont look good to me.lol.I can smell something wrong here. She has given a serious blow to Sania this summer by making all those tricky adjustments.
May be you are right.What tricky adjustments you are talking about? :roll:
SaniaFan2

Post by SaniaFan2 »

Saniapower: Wrong again
Vesnina was playing NEw haven whereas sania is playing dallas
Both can play doubles this week but sania opted out because of the stupid doubles draw in Dallas
Sania/vesnina will play for the rest of the year when they play same tournaments
anis0301

Post by anis0301 »

i am being realistic here...sania will not win...will be happy even if the match goes to three sets.... all the best
prassana

Post by prassana »

Read a very shocking bt funny thing in Sofia Arvidsson's blog:

The question is whether this week's Miss goes to the double pair Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina. When they would signal to the doubles here in Cincinnati so blessed them in the wrong paper. They designed into the U.S. Open instead. So they did not come with this. Sad because they are among the best pairs ..
this is how google translated the page into english..

How stupid!!!Did they really miss such an imp n crucial tournament just because of this stupidity???wake up gals!!!both on and off court!!!
Now US OPEN will be very imp..they are already fallen to no3 in the race..n i think after that only Tokyo n Beijing left..pls qualify fr YEC.. :goodluck: Gals!!!
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

iShUuU wrote:May be you are right.What tricky adjustments you are talking about? :roll:
Last week she didnt play with Sania. This week she is playing with somebody else. What does it indicate ? her injury ?
Her injury coming and going in right time for her !
anur18

Post by anur18 »

prassana wrote:Read a very shocking bt funny thing in Sofia Arvidsson's blog:

The question is whether this week's Miss goes to the double pair Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina. When they would signal to the doubles here in Cincinnati so blessed them in the wrong paper. They designed into the U.S. Open instead. So they did not come with this. Sad because they are among the best pairs ..
this is how google translated the page into english..

How stupid!!!Did they really miss such an imp n crucial tournament just because of this stupidity???wake up gals!!!both on and off court!!!
Now US OPEN will be very imp..they are already fallen to no3 in the race..n i think after that only Tokyo n Beijing left..pls qualify fr YEC.. :goodluck: Gals!!!
What was that supposed to mean, the thing that sofia wrote! It did not make sense.
I think sania and ves would probably qualify anyway for the YEC, even if they get some random 2nd round/3rd round/QF here and there
anur18

Post by anur18 »

Saniapower wrote:
iShUuU wrote:May be you are right.What tricky adjustments you are talking about? :roll:
Last week she didnt play with Sania. This week she is playing with somebody else. What does it indicate ? her injury ?
Her injury coming and going in right time for her !
I think ves needs more practice right now in doubles, she had been injured, thats why! she needs some wins so that she can gain confidence!
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

I think we will get to watch the match live. Just hoping its not scheduled at dawn IST!
prassana

Post by prassana »

Vesnina just tweeted that she'll play Doubles with Sania only and not to worry....
And Shoaib is back in the pak team and he has thanked Sania for being such a gr8 life partner..Hopefully Sania will be happy n will be very positive with all good news n do well in Texas.. :goodluck: Sania!!!