Sania Mirza Tournaments 2010 ...

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza Tournaments 2010 ...

Post by jayakris »

Very nice title. The field there was pretty good and the top-40 win was notable. Five wins against anybody seemed like a dream sometime back for Sania. The only thing on which I have to blame Sania was playing doubles. WHY? Sometimes I can't understand what on earth is she thinking.. She ended up physically struggling (and hopefully not badly injured or anything). SHE SHOULD BE CAREFUL.. Damn. But, congrats Sania!

I wonder where those Masters of Ceremonies or Male Chauvinists are, who were predicting that she was retiring early this year and no longer had any interest in tennis or wins when she got married.

Jay
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

Here is news about Sania's win from GulfNews ....

Al Habtoor 'dream win' for Sania
"She was amazing in the third set. I had no answer to anything that she sent across," Jovanovski said.

"I had my chances in the second set and could have been up 2-0, but then she suddenly started playing so well," Jovanovski said.

Coming as an unseeded player on her debut in this tournament, Mirza was pleased with the way she raised her game.

"After having a not so good start to the year, I am happy to be finishing on a high," Mirza said.

"This has been a dream end for my season. I will stay back in Dubai for another two days and then proceed to India for a few days before leaving for Auckland [to start the new season]," Mirza said.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Nice win for Sania, when was the last time Sania won a title of any kind in singles (or did I miss something in between!)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

I think before this last singles title Sania won in July 2009 at $50K Lexington tournament ... After that she reached in the final of $75K Vancouver tournament in August first week but lost against local player Stephanie Dubois.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

This win at the Al Habtour Dubai Challenger was certainly bigger than her July 2009 title at the Lexington Challenger, which was a $50K tournament -- while the Al Habtour Dubai Challenger was a $75K tournament with a very strong field. That she beat the top-seed (ranked #40 on the WTA list) on the way to the title made it all the bigger.