Sania Mirza Schedule 2009

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

chirag1234
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza Schedule 2009

Post by chirag1234 »

she has tendinitis in her wrist that is why she has withdrawn from strausburg.It seems though her wrist is again troubling her
pectorus

Post by pectorus »

i also read it at google news that she is having tendnitis. but her father has said that she will play in french open.
hope her wrist will be all right next week.
it seems like injuries are not going to stop troubling sania. every time she is in a good form
and her rankings are improving she is troubled by an injury and suddenly all the hard work she does to move up the rankings ladder goes in vain.
injuries have really been a stone in mirza's way. otherwise i think till now she would have easily broken into top 20 or higher.
well, i hope atleast she wins a couple of rounds in singles in french open, if not do very well and ofcourse she has a great chance in mixeddoubles and doubles since bhupathi have also played well on clay reaching the finals in barcelona and semis in rome and sania has already won a title on clay this year.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

If she has tendinitis, she should look carefully at whether she should be playing doubles. Unless it is for money or she avoids certain types of shots while playing doubles, she could do well to avoid that stress.
chirag1234

Post by chirag1234 »

if she is playing there then there should not be a big problem but yes she should take care of her wrist
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I was looking at the post-Wimbledon calendar and it is absolutely nuts. Stanford starts on July 27th. Until then, they have three weeks of European tournaments on red clay (two tournaments per week) with only in the 3rd week a hard court tournament in Slovenia. The clay-courters are taking over the world. I thought that the French Open was traditionally the culmination of clay-court tournaments. Then, a few clay-court tournaments were held side-by-side with the hard court ones. Now, the clay-court ones have encroached beyond Wimbledon for multiple weeks. In 2008, it was only one week and then the hard-court season started. Now it seems the hard-court season is shrinking.

Anyway, here are the options (all tier III):

7/6: Budapest/Bastad
7/13: Palermo/Prague
7/20: Slovenia/Austria

Then it is: Stanford/LA/Cinci/Toronto/New Haven/USOpen/Quebec City
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

As per previous news, Sania is getting engaged around 10th July ... So I think she will be back on tour from US hard court season, i.e. Stanford tournament from 27th July.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

jaydeep wrote:As per previous news, Sania is getting engaged around 10th July ... So I think she will be back on tour from US hard court season, i.e. Stanford tournament from 27th July.
She is scheduled to play one ITF event in US before that
ITF 50,000 Lexington Open
Last edited by Saniapower on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Sania Mirza v Anna Lena Groenefeld
Live on STARSPORTS 12 noon London time(/4.30 pm ist)
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

prasen9 wrote:The clay-courters are taking over the world. I thought that the French Open was traditionally the culmination of clay-court tournaments. Then, a few clay-court tournaments were held side-by-side with the hard court ones. Now, the clay-court ones have encroached beyond Wimbledon for multiple weeks.
There seems to be something of a Europe vs elsewhere vibe with the surface - I think a lot of the European federations & players wanting more clay tournaments. Scandinavia excepted.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

$50,000 Lexington, KY 2009(July 20)-
Sania Mirza is the 2nd seed. Julie Coin(FRA,#62) will be the top seed

Bank of the West Classic( July 27):-
Sania Mirza in Q along with Krajicek, Vaidisova,Oudin............
Wickmayer (55) heads the list
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Sania Mirza has been Granted Wildcard to Bank of the West Classic(Stanford)

STANFORD, Calif. - 2007 Bank of the West Classic finalist and fan favorite Sania Mirza has been granted a wildcard to play the 2009 Bank of the West Classic to be held July 27-August 2 at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium on the campus of Stanford University

Sania Mirza Granted Wildcard to Bank of the West Classicl
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Good news about the Bank of the West Classic, although the field is incredibly strong this year. Isn't the life of a sports pro completely relentless? Within a fortnight of her engagement ceremony, Sania will return to the circuit next week with the Lexington Challenger. All the best to her!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Sania has entered the Bronx Challenger for the week of August 24th. So it will be:

Off/Cinci-doubles
Toronto-qualies
Bronx
USOpen
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Sania in Q in Pan Pacific Open,China Open and in MD in Japan Open. Tokyo ITF was next on her schedule but it has been cancelled :frown: I hope she plays Pune ITF . :p
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Saniapower wrote:Sania in Q in Pan Pacific Open,China Open and in MD in Japan Open. Tokyo ITF was next on her schedule but it has been cancelled :frown: I hope she plays Pune ITF . :p
What do you mean by saying that she will play in pune itf.it is a meagre $10k event.i wonder whether she can play
$50k events.
By the way where you get the q-list.i noticed ur posts in womens tennis forums.is that correct.