Sania Mirza Tournaments 2009 ...

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza Tournaments 2009 ...

Post by Saniapower »

I knew retirement was coming
losing to 580 and very next week beating top 20 - it cant be more interesting
i wish i have watched the match!
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

Sania dominates the stats from this match. 46-38 points won. Although she had a lower first-serve percentage (62% vs 69% for Bartoli), Sania won a higher percentage of first-serve points (69% to 62%) and second-serve points (50% to 31%). So this was a good serving match for her, which usually makes the difference for Sania. She also dominated on return points won. Comprehensive victory! Well done, Sania!! :notworthy: :clap:
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

iShUuU wrote:for the 1st time it happened that sania won beacuase of retirement
and it will not be the last time. Actually Czink set the trends for today's matches. :p
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Sania's SF opponent is 4-Francesca Schiavone (ITA, 26).

They know each other well (having played doubles as a pair), but Schiavone brings a 2-0 career lead over Sania into this match. Both previous encounters between them were tough 3-setters.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

with this win she will improve her ranking by at least 3 sopt(poised to be at #58)
dont know whether someone is taking us back in time to 2007.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Is it true that organizers of Wta Bali are planning to give Sania a wild card if she wins title here unless she will not get a wild card? I got this info from a friend of tennisforum since he is on tour of Asia right now. He watched the match live.She played very well. She was attacking bartoli serve. She has now recorded her first top 20 win since beating Shahar peer in Indian wells 2008.Her match will be livestreamed tomorrow on DD Sports???
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

eye-witness:-
She served her way out of this match . She was down breakpoints early and saved them by hitting great ground strokes. Although Bartoli was hitting errors but she was also playing well until an injury time out. Sania was hitting the ball very solidly . Her backhand was a treat to watch today. Sania have also stopped bartoli from YEC in Doha with her Win. Sania was consistent that is why she won the 1st set
kishorJ

Post by kishorJ »

How lucky that sania did not retire hearing the advice of some of the forum members after the last few bad losses!!

The two good wins over Peer and Bartoli clearly indicate that sania's game is more or less at par with some of the top players and what she needs badly is consistent injuryfree good health for a stretch of a time. All the best sania for the next match
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Marion Bartoli of France hugs with Sania Mirza, left, of India after their quarter-final match at the Japan Women's Open Tennis in Osaka, western Japan - Friday October 16, 07:14 AM

Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

PKBasu wrote:

(The site crash was tough on all of us, but I was providing updates on Facebook!!).
Facebook account??
iShUuU

Post by iShUuU »

Saniapower wrote:Is it true that organizers of Wta Bali are planning to give Sania a wild card if she wins title here unless she will not get a wild card? I got this info from a friend of tennisforum since he is on tour of Asia right now. He watched the match live.She played very well. She was attacking bartoli serve. She has now recorded her first top 20 win since beating Shahar peer in Indian wells 2008.Her match will be livestreamed tomorrow on DD Sports???

i am free tomorrow :D ..hope DD sports telecasts the semi final action ...
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I think maybe we should moderate our emotions by taking the average of at least say a month's play and not comment entirely on the last day's play. The latter is why we see comments ranging from "retire" to "God". A good win --- although I would have hoped that the match completed. Can she make another final? Tough but hope she has another good day at the office.
Last edited by prasen9 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

PKBasu wrote:Sania's SF opponent is 4-Francesca Schiavone (ITA, 26).

They know each other well (having played doubles as a pair), but Schiavone brings a 2-0 career lead over Sania into this match. Both previous encounters between them were tough 3-setters.
Schiavone is a very sensible player. She adjusted her tactics very well (mid-game) the last time she played Sania. Hopefully, third time is a charm.
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

prasen9 wrote:I think maybe we should moderate our emotions by taking the average of at least say a month's play and not comment entirely on the last day's play. The latter is why we see comments ranging from "retire" to "God". A good win --- although I would have hoped that the match completed. Can she make another final? Tough but hope she has another good day at the office.
I think what's happening is that some players suit sania's style (probably go-for-broke players like herself) in terms of her "having their number" regardless of their ranking, e.g., Peer, Bartoli, while others, sometimes even much lower ranked, probably play in a style that's uncomfortable to her, e.g., retrieving that one extra ball which makes her commit an UFE going for the kill again (unfortunately my gut feel is that since Schiavone belongs to this category sania will have a tough time today) and/or it could even be those who attack weak serves better. So, i think we will continue seeing her unpredictable results and we, as fans, should take it as part and parcel of her game.

that said, she should certainly focus on her service over the off-season and come back an even better player. :goodluck:
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »