Its time to get rid of this Sania Mirza fan forum

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Its time to get rid of this Sania Mirza fan forum

Post by jayakris »

By the way, Bindra said yesterday that he thought he had done better in Athens, but somehow it was not enough! .. Jay
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

jayakris wrote: By the way, Bindra said yesterday that he thought he had done better in Athens, but somehow it was not enough! .. Jay
A mediocre Chinese guy scored 702+ in Athens to win the gold medal  :wink: I don't know whether Abhinav's Beijing score would have fetched a medal at Athens.

Edit: Thanks to Jaydeep's link given below, I see that Abhinav would have got a bronze medal with his Beijing score.
Last edited by suresh on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

:Offtopic: In 'I hate Sania' thread .... ;)
suresh wrote:A mediocre Chinese guy scored 702+ in Athens to win the gold medal ;) I don't know whether Abhinav's Beijing score would have fetched a medal at Athens.
I think Abhinav talked about his qualifying score, he scored 597 pts in qualifying but had terible final round where he only managed 97.6 pts ... Lowest by any finalist.

Here is complete result of Men's 10 metre air rifle 2004 Olympics
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

suresh wrote: A mediocre Chinese guy scored 702+ in Athens to win the gold medal  :wink:
Suresh, you are  a genius to have figured that out and btw, it was a world record breaking performance at that time.
Orang

Post by Orang »

Any change of mind moderator? She got two bagels in her latest loss to an Italian.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

No, because you fail to understand that this is a forum "by the fans, of the fans, for the fans ......."

You, Sir, are not a fan and therefore will not understand.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Dear S_K_S,

Orang represents a long list of people who have issues with issues and nothing else. Probably they probably receive attention in their friends circle, family or the place they work in and hence take stances like these to gain some.

At times people have personal issues. I have a friend who doesn't like Sania because he thinks she is busy with things outside tennis. He says all this without a clue about what Sania does to prepare herself for the game. The only Sania he sees is in an advertisement or maybe some pic in page 3 column. Just because he hates women who are bit outgoing he hates Sania too.

In our lives we have seen people loving their kids even if they haven't really done anything substantial in their lives. Friends managing a pat on back despite every failure. Fans secretly keeping hoping for better even if the player continues to fail. Its personal.

Not many people understand that. Kindly donot waste time on people like Orang. By starting this forum he has achieved what he lacks i.e. attention.

Regards,
Omkara
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

I want to get rid of the Golden Oldies thread. I can state categorically (and am willing to bet money on it) that the Ramanathan Krishnan's and Jaideep Mukherjee's will never again do much in Grand Slams and Olympics!

It's time to get rid of this orang-u-tan. I guess he doesn't understand that nobody is forcing him to visit here. Not sure what his problem is with other people wanting to chat about Sania. Anyway, nice to hear from him, nevertheless.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Well it is already a "sub-forum" .. It used to come up as a regular forum below "Tennis Players" on the portal page, and I believe Dhruv had changed it to a sub-forum when the chat software was changed. I don't remember.

Anyway, no need to drop the forums yet, but if there aren't multiple threads on Sania being used, , the status can be changed (but admittedly, these days it has become increasingly rarer to see multiple Sania threads going at the same time). Anyway, her ranking is going up and not down currently after the return from injury. Enthusuasm could easily restart if she wins three mtches in a row and upsets a top-20 player somewhere. Not enough indication that it will not ever happen. So, we will have to wait to change anything.

To answer the simple question you had - no, a double bagel does not cause the forum to be dropped. Only sustained lack of interest from fans would justify it. Haven't reached there.

Jay
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

I hope my feeble attempt at sarcasm is not mistaken. I don't actually want the Golden Oldies thread to be removed. I was just mocking the very first post by orang in this thread. I don't want any thread or any poster removed.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Actually Orang was not asking for any thread to be removed. Just to remove a "forum" on Sania where the threads are grouped. Having a "forum" all for a player that shows up on the portal page is nothing but a way to facilitate people who look for threads related to that player to fid them easily. It was an unjustified request last year, but is not that crazy anymore, as we hardly find all that many threads going on Sania lately.. But it is still too early to do anything, in my view.

Jay
MithuChelu

Post by MithuChelu »

I really don't know whether her forum should be removed or not.................But I firmly believe her career as a top class player is close to finish.She completely lacks the desire and the passion to work harder at the WTA tour level.

Also looking at some of the upcoming players.... their standard and level of fitness its hard to imagine a come back from Sania............her days as a professional are numbered for sure.

Let us appreciate for what she has done to indian tennis till now and we as fans should move on...............

I have stopped following her some 6 months back but I truly salute her for her past performance.....but its over now.

MithuChelu
michael

Post by michael »

Well, despite injuries, she just won a round in grand slam. Doubles and mixed doubles also she did well. Lee and hesh stopped playing singles many years. But they are winning doubles and mixed doubles. Sania is still only 22. A break from tennis and treating injuries can put her back at the top. She is still in top 100 in singles. Obviously she is not the player, she was till last year. But she has that x factor. SHE WILL BE BACK ON TOP SOON.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Yes i completely agree with u Orang this should be removed. After today's all time low from Sania i can guarantee that even Poojashree can beat her now.
Now Sania Mirza is India's number 1 female tennis player only on paper.
Last edited by Saniapower on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Saniapower wrote:Yes i completely agree with u Orang this should be removed. Even Poojashree will double bagel her.
She is not India's number 1 female tennis player anymore in reality.
Then, who is ?