Its time to get rid of this Sania Mirza fan forum

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

shashi
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Its time to get rid of this Sania Mirza fan forum

Post by shashi »

Saniapower wrote:Yes i completely agree with u Orang this should be removed. After today's all time low from Sania i can guarantee that even Poojashree can beat her now.
Now Sania Mirza is India's number 1 female tennis player only on paper.
Saniapower,have you see Poojashree play?She is a good player in her own right.But sania is in a different league --streets ahead--compared to other Indian women players.It will not serve any purpose criticizing :frown: Sania by saying a particular player is going to double bagel her.Please talk -or rather write- something that makes sense. :frown:
sanjay8886

Post by sanjay8886 »

Sania is still India's#1 and only hope who can get direct entries in most of the WTA level tourneys. I would love to have somebody who is in top 10.
tluanga
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by tluanga »

Sania has done tremendous job where no other women in India has done. She has a record which may not be reach by any other women in India. Than why should we get rid of her, cause she is arrogant? cos she wear short pants? cos she married to pakistani? Its her personal life and she can and will do what she want and will live like how she want, its her choice. The record she made are enough for me to rated her as the best female sport person in india
dipankardeb

Post by dipankardeb »

Please remove this fan forum for Sania. Instead one for Somdev is called for.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Dipankar,

Why do we need to remove the Sania forum to create the SDV forum? Sania's forum can remain an archive at worst and she's still active. If it doesn't have the fan following of yesteryears, it'll just stay dormant. It's not like her accomplishments are diminished now. Great people live through memories and have fans for many generations even after they die. So I do not understand your call to remove the Sania Forum. I suggest you start the SDV forum -- I think any one can start that, it doesn't need a moderator, but I may be wrong.

Thanks.
kishorJ

Post by kishorJ »

I am a big fan of somdev as well as sania. however as of now what sania has achieved is way too much more than what somdev has done. both are of about same age but sania has reached a ranking of 27 and somdev is hovering around 100. sania has won wimbledon junior girls doubles and a grand slam mixed doubles title too. she has won against many top 20 players. Only major achievement of somdev is the two times NCAA champion status which am sure means hardly anything to non-american tennis players. just due to injuries and marriage sania has slid down in the rankings. how does one conclude that she is not interested in improving her ranking? we must leave her to cope up with her newly- married status and am sure she would surely bounce back in no time if injuries do not hamper the career again. try to also understand that she is a newly married indian girl and that too muslim. she deserves all our support and not the rubbish being heaped on her by some of our forum members. somdev will deserve a separate forum in his name only after he achieves something substantial and not due to just qualifying in an ATP tournament. ATB Sania, ATB Somdev
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

kishorJ wrote:somdev will deserve a separate forum in his name only after he achieves something substantial and not due to just qualifying in an ATP tournament. ATB Sania, ATB Somdev

I don wanna say anything about Sania, but dont u come across SOMDEV 's career. Its not Bcoz of his Atp qualifying , we are asking to create fan forum.
Also this is not the 1st time he is doing such wonders.

I'm afraid u are not following his career then.

Sofar ,the exact meaning that u ve created for Sania is just sleeping lik the schedule,the points breakdown,bla bla bla..

We are not meant to say,we shud delete them.Its unfair.

But SOMDEV does have the chance of getting a fan forum.
Orang

Post by Orang »

Well, I was wrong in a way. We would have missed today's Olympics first round women's doubles comedy show.

As well as this earlier Tweet about their lost great shot at a medal :dance:

PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Drop it, man! (Orang means "man" in Malay, by the way; so "Orang-utan" is "old man", "orang-asli" is the Malay phrase meaning precisely what "adivasi" means in Hindi, "original inhabitant").
Sania has won 6 Slam titles since you started this campaign. And there hadn't been another post here for 11 years since your campaign folded up. Sania is the only Indian woman to have made it to top-100, top-50 and top-30 in singles, the only one to have reached the last-16 in singles at a Slam, and the only one to have won (multiple) Slam titles. So, drop it!
Orang

Post by Orang »

She won 6 DOUBLES slams, virtually all with the superior skilled players Bhupathi and Hingis. In every match I watched, Bhupathi and Hingis were better than Sania.

None since 2016.

Yet we still break her out all the way at the top of this forum and split it into two separate sections! Aren't there other younger tennis players to move to the top and move her thread to the regular lower section?

I realize its a sensitive issue for you since you have vested a lot of your time in her fan section over the years.

For this week, I agree with you as I really needed the comedy. Even I became a fan temporarily by the way they lost in the first round. And it is cute that she is blaming the Indian tennis association for costing her a good chance at an Olympic mixed doubles medal this week. :damn: I can also see why people would want to follow her at the top of the forum for her fashion photos and entertaining Tweets.

The funny thing is that in sports such as archery and shooting, we have players who got Golds in SINGLES at their sports' version of Grand Slams. But most people do not even know their names.

One more very important recent Sania pre-match Tweet for the fans:

PKBasu wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:03 am Drop it, man! (Orang means "man" in Malay, by the way; so "Orang-utan" is "old man", "orang-asli" is the Malay phrase meaning precisely what "adivasi" means in Hindi, "original inhabitant").
Sania has won 6 Slam titles since you started this campaign. And there hadn't been another post here for 11 years since your campaign folded up. Sania is the only Indian woman to have made it to top-100, top-50 and top-30 in singles, the only one to have reached the last-16 in singles at a Slam, and the only one to have won (multiple) Slam titles. So, drop it!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

After we have a top-20 ranked women's player, maybe. Sania has made us proud. Thank you Sania. Players choke. Players make stupid mistakes. Especially, when she is semi-retired. Maybe doubts crept in; maybe her fitness is not the best. This is the best we could have had that would make it in. We took a shot. Her choking does not take away her illustrious career. Post-Leander, she has been our best tennis player outright, these stupid attacks notwithstanding.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Orang wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:42 pm The funny thing is that in sports such as archery and shooting, we have players who got Golds in SINGLES at their sports' version of Grand Slams. But most people do not even know their names.
Because all sports are not equally popular. More people know the name of the cricket captain than the hockey captain of the Indian team. It is what it is.