Sania Mirza - General Discussion of tennis matters

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza - General Discussion of tennis matters

Post by sameerph »

Sania notched up her 500th win on professional circuit yesterday.

This is her interview after that -

Sania Mirza notches up 500th professional win
"I've done everything I could to qualify. I even skipped the French Open qualifiers (singles) to play an additional tournament in Brussels this week to help me qualify for London," Sania said.
So, she missed FO qualifiers in her bid to maintain top 10 rankings before olympics deadline. That looks difficult though considering the number of points she has to defend at FO.
SaniaFan2

Re: French Open, Roland Garros - 2012

Post by SaniaFan2 »

There has been a huge Fight Between Sania and Elena That is why They Split :(
According To Sania, Elena wanted to prepare for olympics that is why she is playing with Makarova
But According to Vesnina, Sania wanted to play with Mattek Sands, Does not want to partner her because of poor showings in Miami, Charlesten
http://elena-vesnina.ru/index.php?optio ... 2&Itemid=7
Well Who knows who is right :(
But Elena gave this interview for her fans :( that might be an indication of what happened :(
prassana

Post by prassana »

Can anyone translate it???
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

Here it is. Not a great translation as some meanings are not clear. If Elena is right, its really stupid of Sania. But this article is over a month old. Don't know why it wasn't noticed before.
With Sledge turned a strange situation. During a break in our doubles match in Charleston, she told me that he was going to play a full season with Mattek-Sands, as a break from the Olympics and my best performance with someone from the Russian in Wimbledon She is afraid of losing his seat in the Championship Final, and therefore Mattek they have a very good chance to get there. So she found me and put it before the fact. While we are at the moment, they stand 3 in the world. This was unexpected, but life goes on . I wrote Katya Makarova and we agreed to play a full season of drum, if God willing, a good play, then get to the Olympics, if not, then no luck. "
prassana

Post by prassana »

I still did not understand..Wonder what Mirza will have to say..But it's sad things had to turn so bitter among such a fab team and more importantly FRIENDS..So think no chance of them teaming again..
But if Elena is right and this is true it's stupid of Sania to have broken this partnership..But when they did split i only read she saying Vesnina wanted to partner Makarova keeping Olympics in mind..and as if Vesnina was responsible for the entire split!!!
Last edited by prassana on Thu May 31, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaniaFan2

Post by SaniaFan2 »

Here is Elena Vesnina Interview to Russian Press : Talking about Olympics and How Her Partnership with Sania Broke :(
Translated from Russian

Publish the first author of the Russian tennis player Elena column Vesnina (pictured), which during the "Roland Garros" will talk about the most interesting of the tournament. Today, she talks about the upcoming Olympics. It is a pity that I lost in the first round. But all that is done - all the better, right? After that, "Roland Garros" participants determined the Olympics. Well, except for those who later Games Organizing Committee will provide the "Wild-Card". In solitary confinement, I did not get there. But still doubles. And now we have to Katya Makarova, who also lost the first round, there is a great chance. Who knows, maybe we shine in London medal in the duet? With Kate, we started playing together recently. I remember the tournament arrived in Charleston in March, and the first naparnitsa, Sanya Mirza, put me face the fact: "I'm sorry, I'm now playing with Mattek-Sands." We had to find a new partner. Another point - all the players of the top ten WTA ranking pair have the right to invite any partner of his country at the Olympics. Not surprisingly, girls who want to go to London, but are not selected directly get the chance to do it with me. That's when Kate jokingly asked: "Choose me." I replied, "No, let's first play together." And you know so well we went. At that time, Makarova in doubles ranking was in the forties, and now - in the top 20. I hope that after the "Roland Garros" still rises. The first round here, we have already passed, although we have got a very difficult opponent - former world number one in the first pair of Samantha Stosur and Julia Gerges. now thinking about the Olympics all. In recent years it has become tennis players mean a lot more than 10-15 years ago. And it's not only ranking or prize money - when you fly there, do not think about it. And think about kruglyashi of gold, silver or bronze, which may be, if thou fine fellow, hang on his chest. And it will warm the heart. By the way, I was immediately told that the Chinese team has lifted the London courts around the house to a week before the Games take a collection and to better prepare for the tournament. Our federation also plans to do so, although so far the players on this subject do not say anything. Apparently, everything is still limited by the funds. But I, for example, to prepare for the Olympics and do not mind spending their money. And not me alone. I heard Light Kuznetsova said: "Why fly to the Olympics, if not ready to win a medal?". I do not think that light is not really going to go there. This is more of a psychological thing: trying to calm himself, until convinced that it will be selected. But, I assure you, Kuznetsova grew up in a family where the Olympic medal means a lot. And if Amy will have a chance to go to London - will go without hesitation. By the way, this year will compete for the first time at the Games medal in mixed doubles. And, of course, I would like to compete, and for them. It is a pity no one. From our guys right now, only Mike South, which, as far as I know, seriously think over whether to fly to the Games. Nikolai Davydenko and Alex Bogomolov was not yet in form. And the rest do not get to the Olympics for the rating. You can, of course, invite Tursunov - Dima fun playing on the grass. And what happens? One pair will be Azarenka and Mirnyi - the first racket of the world alone and pair. In the other - Berdych and Kvitova, also guys do not miss. And here is a Vesnina and Tursunov of the Ninth dozen ... I think the sum of the rating we did not get into the grid. A pity. It turns out that I have to concentrate on the pair. And let me now upset by the defeat of Watson mind, I understand: so even better for us to Katya. "Roland Garros" and will next year. But the Olympics ...

Sania : How could you do it, She should have been top 10 if she was playing With Vesnina :)
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

This has been translated by a russian.

On a request of the fans Lena told why she stopped playing doubles with Sania Mirza and how the duet with Katia Makarova appeared:

“It was rather strange situation with Sania…”

“It was a strange situation with Sania. When we played doubles in Charlstone during a break she told me she was going to play with Mattek-Sands during the whole season because of the Olympics pause and my possible cooperation with some of the Russian players at Wim. She was afraid to lose the place at the final Tournament (sorry, don’t know the right name ) and she thought that she had good chances to get there with Mattek-Sands. She just informed me about it. Though we are the 3rd in the world now. That was unexpected, but the life goes on. I wrote Katia Makarova and we agreed to play the whole clay season together and in case we’d play good and got the chance we go to the Olympics"
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

Is it suddenly becoming fashionable to post the same thing twice in 2 different threads??
And, Saniapower, if you haven't seen, your post in a repetition of the one mentioned by Saniafan 2 pages before. The translated version was posted by me. Its better that we discuss it in Saniaforum if at all it needs to be discussed. All is over anyway. Either Sania or Elena is lying. Who knows? Its their career, afteral.
prassana

Re: Sania Mirza Tournaments 2012

Post by prassana »

If Vesnina is true,i mean then is Sania loosing her Brain???Choosing to skip singles and then choosing wrong partners..
Even after skipping the entire clay court season she and Ves were 5th in the race till now..and i'm sure even they did not play for 1 month of grass season and olympics they would have still had a great chance for YEC..And Sania could have remained easily in the top 10 by now..
And its really sad for Vesnina if its true..i mean did she not loose a chance at playing in the YEC last year because Sania got injured and now she ditches her..
And please is she thinking by partnering Mattek she even has a chance to end the year among the top 4 teams? :kookoo:
Last edited by prassana on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

rajorshi wrote:Is it suddenly becoming fashionable to post the same thing twice in 2 different threads??
And, Saniapower, if you haven't seen, your post in a repetition of the one mentioned by Saniafan 2 pages before. The translated version was posted by me. Its better that we discuss it in Saniaforum if at all it needs to be discussed. All is over anyway. Either Sania or Elena is lying. Who knows? Its their career, afteral.
Yes the translated version was posted by u but not everything was very clear. I think u used some software. What i have posted here this has been translated by a russian i mean whose mother tongue is russian and who lives in russia and here I can easily see the reason.
slice

Post by slice »

Saniapower wrote:What i have posted here this has been translated by a russian i mean whose mother tongue is russian and who lives in russia and here I can easily see the reason.
Thanks for providing a more meangingful transalation. It is much appreciated.
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

Saniapower wrote:Yes the translated version was posted by u but not everything was very clear. I think u used some software. What i have posted here this has been translated by a russian i mean whose mother tongue is russian and who lives in russia and here I can easily see the reason.
Thanks for a meaningful translated version :D

Only future can tell us which one of Sania & Elena were lying about this :-(
In any case, bad way to finish off a successful partnership and spoiling a good relationship on tour.......
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Moved the posts on the Sania-Vesnina issue which were posted in two wrong threads (FO thread and the SM tournament thread) to the correct thread where they fit. Deleting 2 of the three identical posts that SaniaFan had in 2 different threads.. Mod, Jay
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

You forgot to delete 1 identical post of Saniafan! And for the sake of completeness, please get the posts in pg 8 of RG thread here. The story was 1st mentioned by Saniafan there with the link to Vesnina's website comments.
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

Saniapower wrote: Yes the translated version was posted by u but not everything was very clear. I think u used some software. What i have posted here this has been translated by a russian i mean whose mother tongue is russian and who lives in russia and here I can easily see the reason.
Hey, the translation option was already there in the site. Don't know why it didn't appear for others. :kookoo: But this 1 is better. Bdw why do they call Ekaterina, Katya?