Sania Mirza - General Discussion of tennis matters

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

Atithee

Re: Sania Mirza - General Discussion of tennis matters

Post by Atithee »

As I wrote sometime back, this is typical of any Indian organization -- never mind it's size. There are more post bearers with heavy sounding titles and they wear those God awful oversized fake floral ribbons to minor functions. Now, just wait for a breakaway group to form with double the number of these titles as soon as even a little success is achieved. Four VPs for a group of what, one hundred members?
Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Saniapower »

Unable to compete at the top level, also unable to participate in an international fashion show with other top tennis players what else such a vice president can do! Choices are far and few. But there are always this 2 options(tamasha) left for a failed tennis player like her. IPL and domestic Catwalk. She is doing nothing new. Giving lecture and just trying to make people fool who dont have access to internet. I guess she is earning in Rs and not $$$$$$.
What a Sensational tennis player! Btw I've forgot there is also a 3rd option available member of parliament (MP). Each and every failed sport personality wants to become an MP in india once they're retired and this goal can be achieved very easily in country like India with little or no effort at all. Good Luck VP.
gbelday
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gbelday »

Stop calling her a "failed tennis player". She may not have realized her full potential but that doesnt make her "failed". It's time to change your user id...lol
RohitG

Post by RohitG »

All I see is big shots being given the title of Vice President. What are they trying to do exactly? Do they have a plan to overthrow the AITA? Or are they on a spree to make an organization with the most number of vice presidents?
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

gbelday wrote:Stop calling her a "failed tennis player". She may not have realized her full potential but that doesnt make her "failed". It's time to change your user id...lol
Well said, Gautam. Top-30 in singles, top-10 in doubles. Not too many other Indians (of either sex) have achieved that in tennis. Only Vijay Amritraj has achieved both. The Krishnans, Ramanathan and Ramesh, went much further in singles (and Ramanathan would surely be ranked in the top-30 in doubles too, had rankings existed then; he did make the doubles QF at several Slams). But that is it!

And of course the only Indian woman to win a Slam title.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

RohitG wrote:Or are they on a spree to make an organization with the most number of vice presidents?
What is their charter? What actions are they going to take? Talk is cheap. This bunch has been all talk until now. Okay, they unionized and got better pay for the Davis Cuppers. But, that does not improve Indian tennis generally. Let us see something concrete and not only announcements of even more VPs.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Atithee wrote:As I wrote sometime back, this is typical of any Indian organization -- never mind it's size. There are more post bearers with heavy sounding titles and they wear those God awful oversized fake floral ribbons to minor functions. Now, just wait for a breakaway group to form with double the number of these titles as soon as even a little success is achieved. Four VPs for a group of what, one hundred members?
It should be "its" not "it's." One of my pet peeves and I am guilty of the same but cannot edit the post now. :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Yess!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

That's it. It's its, unless its "it" isn't a name, like IT. Jay.
jic

Post by jic »

Time to change ITPA to ITVPA - Indian Tennis Vice Presidents' Association.
Too many chiefs, too few Indians!
Starting to look like Dolly Parton - top heavy!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Damn. Too many jokes there jai ... You gotta give us some time to stop laughing before the next one, you know :)
jic

Post by jic »

I'll take my own bait, even if you won't, Jay! :D Not that I'm calling ITPA a bunch of boobs! Heck, the AITA tops that category! What a bunch of silly cones they are! In fact the AITA boobs are so big that nothing is growing in Indian tennis under its (not "it's" - I blame spell check every time I make that mistake) auspices - because nothing grows in the shade! Need some Sun to shine on Indian tennis to enable the talented saplings to grow into big, tall trees that bear the fruit of international success! Oh man, that last bit wasn't intentional. Really. It just came out that way. Not "came out" as in a wardrobe malfunction, you know, it just sort of happened naturally. I better stop now!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Hee hee ha ... :rofl: :D
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Don't have to be a looker to be a champion: Sania Mirza
My body doesn't allow me to play singles now, but I'm training very hard and hopefully, I will get fit enough to play it again
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jic wrote:I'll take my own bait, even if you won't, Jay! :D Not that I'm calling ITPA a bunch of boobs! Heck, the AITA tops that category! What a bunch of silly cones they are! In fact the AITA boobs are so big that nothing is growing in Indian tennis under its (not "it's" - I blame spell check every time I make that mistake) auspices - because nothing grows in the shade! Need some Sun to shine on Indian tennis to enable the talented saplings to grow into big, tall trees that bear the fruit of international success! Oh man, that last bit wasn't intentional. Really. It just came out that way. Not "came out" as in a wardrobe malfunction, you know, it just sort of happened naturally. I better stop now!
Another classic!