Sania Mirza - General Discussion of non-tennis matters

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania Mirza - General Discussion of non-tennis matters

Post by jayakris »

Congrats, Sania and Shoaib. I need to put some money down in Vegas on a great tennis prodigy in 15 years. Which country will he be playing for? Sorry, bug country, this boy is born in Hyderabad!!
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Came to post the "which country" thought and beaten by Jay! We should go back to being able to like other peoples posts!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Looks like Sania went out for dinner with the bug country players (with her baby also with her). Now that the bugs lost to us, it is the Pakistanis who are upset at Sania. And it is not like Sania will take crap from anybody either. A twitter war is on, apparently... World Cup: Sania Mirza and Veena Malik's nasty Twitter spat after Pakistan loss

So, is it in India or in Pakistan that Sania has more anti-fans? Again, not that she cares... like she shouldn't!
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

We should let Sania and other athletes lead their personal lives as they please. Random people making comments on their lives should learn to mind their own business. Sania is not one to back off anyone -- remember how she responded to folks who criticised her for what she wore. :D
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:09 pm Congrats, Sania and Shoaib. I need to put some money down in Vegas on a great tennis prodigy in 15 years. Which country will he be playing for? Sorry, bug country, this boy is born in Hyderabad!!
Which Hyderabad? ;-)
Varma

Post by Varma »

Leave it to Narada :p

- Varma
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

:-) I know which. But could not resist.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Haha, Sania goes and tweets congrats to Narendra Modiji and is taking the wrath of Pakistani people who always thought she was theirs!... They can't believe that she would say that to the man, knowing "all he has done to Indian Muslims"... The bug country got taken for a ride by Sania. You go girl!!

vparam

Post by vparam »

I think we should stop referring to Pakistan as a “bug country”. India has their fair share of issues at the moment, so let’s not forget that.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ Nothing new, right? India has always had our issues and Pakistan has always had theirs. But they have for ever been nothing but a useless country that sits next to us and bugs us - to whom it is India that has given undue importance all along. Bugging us is all they have ever been capable of. Has anything changed (in relative terms) to stop calling them "bugs"?

If you mean that the Pakistani people are really suffering now with the unprecedented flood and apparently from some serious food and money shortage, so we should temporarily stop making fun of them for humanitarian reasons, I would agree though. (I know it sounds really pompous, but when it comes to Pakistan I don't mind being deliberately pompous and dismissive!)

[Having said all that, I wish India would take initiative to help Pakistan right now, rather than wait for them to come begging. They really need help. Modi is losing a chance for some great PR right now]
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Hearing Sania Shoiab separated.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ Well, the rumors have been there for more than a month, but nothing official. Still nothing official, right? ... Supposedly figuring out the legal details of the divorce, as per entertainment/rumor sites.

If true, best of luck to both. They stayed together for 12 years - probably longer than many expected when they got married amidst all kinds of drama. And they have a cute boy, who will hopefully play tennis for India down the line (he has got to have all kinds of right genes for sports!).
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:57 pm Haha, Sania goes and tweets congrats to Narendra Modiji and is taking the wrath of Pakistani people who always thought she was theirs!... They can't believe that she would say that to the man, knowing "all he has done to Indian Muslims"... The bug country got taken for a ride by Sania. You go girl!!
Sania needs to toe the official line because I think she has plans for things wherein she may need the government's support even if she lives in the middle east. Why create powerful enemies? There is no point in her antagonizing powerful figures. And given the times she has been felicitated, she may have developed some acquaintance with NM. Being diplomatic and keeping channels open and relationships watered is a good idea. It does not always pay to be political and ideological. She is setting up academies in Dubai and Hyderabad. In India, at least, she will need support from the government. My friend started a company which eventually had branches in Brazil, etc. and in several places in India. He said that his philosophy was to stay multi-political and keep politicians from different parties happy so that he got permits faster, did not have his factories attacked, etc. And, parties change power (maybe not so much at the central level but at local levels). So, keep everyone happy. Good for her!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

How about Sania Mirza, Loksabha member, folks?? I love it...

Congress considers fielding Sania Mirza in Hyderabad Lok Sabha elections according to sources

This was from a week ago. I don't know if anything is actually happening.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

One week only? It's Congress. :-)