Discussion on Sania's WTA Ranking

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Discussion on Sania's WTA Ranking

Post by Saniapower »

Sania is currently ranked at 63 in singles and 41 in doubles
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

that's a good silver lining to her rather disappointing double-bagel loss. hope this helps get direct entries into more tournaments. that said, i don't see her going up much higher if she doesn't work on her serves and her UFEs.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

She had no points to defend after the first week of August, so her ranking will go up with every match she wins anywhere between now and the end of the year. She needs to harvest this period effectively -- not playing too much, but enough to keep raising her ranking at least inside top-50 and closer to the top-35 level that is her natural level. In December (or the offseason from around mid-November), of course, she will hopefully focus on fixing some of the remaining shortcomings in her game, including serve and movement.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

If her wrist is not okay, I hope she rests until it is. She has to manage the wrist carefully.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Sania is finally back in top 100 in singles ( after almost a year ) at 99 . She is also made a big jump in doubles & is now ranked 33.
kishorJ

Post by kishorJ »

Congrats to sania on returning to top 100. She of course deserves to be definitely in top 50 and all the best to her for same
kishorJ

Post by kishorJ »

congratulations to sania for reaching the ranking of 90 this week. good steady climb. hope to see her do really well in one of the next tournaments and jump ahead in rankings. she actually is a much better player than what her ranking says.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I think her singles race ranking of 41 is a much better reflection of what she has achieved this year.
kishorJ

Post by kishorJ »

Yes I agree.
Raj_1686

Post by Raj_1686 »

Sania has improved her Singles ranking with a good showing in MIAMI where she started as a qualifier and ended in Rd 2.
Her Doubles ranking has remains unchanged in this first Week of April.

APRIL, 4'th, WTA RANKINGS
SINGLES
90 (758 PTS)
DOUBLES
33 (2598 PTS)
prassana

Post by prassana »

great to see sania back in top-75
top50 might not be far :rant:
kishorJ

Post by kishorJ »

Singles ranking under 75 and doubles ranking under 30 means normalcy is restored! Now as I always have maintained if Sania can remain injuryfree she is bound to go much further. Hence I pray that she stays free from any injury and is able to play like a normal professional player for a long stretch continuously and the only breaks should be her opted ones and not forced ones. The likes of Rezai, Kanepi, Kirilenko in fact even Azarenka or Na li were at par with her not so long ago and the only reason why Sania has not reached the top 15 level is her lack of injuryfree long stretch of consistent play. It is not so difficult for her to reach the top 30 rank especially considering that many who were above her when she was 27 (such as Dementieva, Davenport, Stepanek's girlfriend whose name I forget) are either not playing or semi-retired. Zvonareva was not much better than Sania then and now she is no. 2!. As Sania has recently remarked about her superstition about getting injured if she has a target, she too seems, at the back of her mind, aware that in fact she can reach much higher especially with the present batch of girls active on the circuit. All the best Sania. And I hope Shoaib in no way hinders her plans of steady ascendancy.
prassana

Post by prassana »

This is may be the year we can hope as much as we can from Sania!!!it's more like her first year on tour on the basis of points she has to defend this season.i mean even if she plays well next year she'll have to defend so many points from this year in almost every tournament.she wouldn't have a chance to grab as much as she can this year..hopefully she uses every tournament well n goes deep in it and grab as many points as possible..it's really so annoying to see a player like shahar peer and marion bartoli against whom Sania has a perfect record so close to the top-10 and Sania hanging outside the Top-50.But hopefully it'll be SAN-SHINE this year. :D :goodluck:
prassana

Post by prassana »

Sania has jumped 3 spots to 74 in latest wta rankings..
she has jumped 2 spots in doubles to 27 while vesnina has broken into the top 10(ranked 10,she was outside the top-20 just a couple of months back before partnering Sania)
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

prassana wrote:Sania has jumped 3 spots to 74 in latest wta rankings..
she has jumped 2 spots in doubles to 27 while vesnina has broken into the top 10(ranked 10,she was outside the top-20 just a couple of months back before partnering Sania)
I think Sania is very lucky for Elena. Can't say its the other way round too as 2dy apart from Sania, Elena's other doubles partner, kirlenko was not well too!!! They had to concede their doubles match. But on the other hand Elena upset Radwanska earlier today!