Sania - Conditioning, Foot Speed, Mobility and Coaching ..

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

v george
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Sania - Conditioning, Foot Speed, Mobility and Coaching ..

Post by v george »

Circumstances forced me to learn modern tennis fundamentals.  I was frustrated by the coaching of so called "famous" coaches like Gene Mayer, Rick Macci, Nick Bolliteri, Robert Seguso, Nick Saviano etc;  I can give their names because  I spend over half a million dollars with them.

Today, my son just qualified into the main draw of El Salvador 10K futures for the first time.
Varma

Post by Varma »

:Offtopic:
Congratulations V. George!!!

I assume your son is Viju George. He must have made it to the main draw by beating 2 south Americans on clay before scalping the 2nd seed in Q3. Great job!

BTW, would you mind sharing some more on him? Good luck to Viju for a bright future in Tennis!

- Varma
Last edited by Varma on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Varma wrote: :Offtopic:
Congratulations V. George!!!

I assume your son is Viju George. He must have made it to the main draw by beating 2 south Americans on clay before scalping the 2nd seed in Q3. Great job!

- Varma
Congratulations v george.  You must be one proud dad today.  :D
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Congratulations V. George, to you and your son.  I can sense the dedication and resources needed to make it in tennis.  May the New Year bring more success and payback for the resources and effort that you and your family have invested in your son's tennis.  Please keep us posted.
10nis_ace

Post by 10nis_ace »

Circumstances forced me to learn modern tennis fundamentals.  I was frustrated by the coaching of so called "famous" coaches like Gene Mayer, Rick Macci, Nick Bolliteri, Robert Seguso, Nick Saviano etc;  I can give their names because  I spend over half a million dollars with them.

Today, my son just qualified into the main draw of El Salvador 10K futures for the first time.
V. George, congratulations to you and your son on this achievement. Here's wishing the best for his success in days to come. Your dedication and resourcefulness are very commendable.

I'm quite impressed by your comment that you learnt the modern tennis fundamental by your own sheer efforts and wasn't happy with the famous coaching names. Can you elaborate on how you managed to get up to speed with developments in tennis and coach your son?
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Wow, congrats to you and your son Mr. George. Good luck!!
v george

Post by v george »

Modern technology and research findings definitely are the key tools in modern coaching.  There are several excellent free web sites like that of US Olympics  http://coaching.usolympicteam.com and other paid websites provide so much information about developing a world class athletes. Unless coaches keep updating their knowledge, they can become "dead woods".

Being a top level athlete is a prerequisite for developing into top class tennis players. For example, excellent coordination is required to generate and transfer power in tennis strokes.

Biomechanics plays an important part in modern tennis and physical conditioning. There are a couple of excellent commercial internet sites on this subject.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Any update about the injury status of Sania?
tonytharakan

Post by tonytharakan »

Imran Mirza says Sania has been advised to take three weeks off to help heal the five cm tear in her adductor (upper leg) muscle.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Well, then it is a 5 cm tear and not 5 inches as reported elsewhere  :kookoo:
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

Gosh,whatever it is doesn't sound good. hope she has a speedy recovery and comes back to peak form very soon. :goodluck:
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

After all the controversy over WTA Banglore, Sania is now laid low by back spasm as per this article in TOI e-paper :-
Sania suffers back spasms, advised rest

Prajwal Hegde | TNN

Bangalore: Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza is perhaps paying the price for coming between her team and possible relegation in the Fed Cup Asia/Oceania group competition in Bangkok last week. The 21-year-old Hyderabadi suffered severe back spasms on Wednesday evening and has been advised bed rest for the next two or three days.
  The back problem puts in doubt her participation in the elite Tier I $2,500,000 Doha WTA tournament, starting February 18. Sania suffered a 5-cm tear of her adductor muscle during the Australian Open. Despite being advised three weeks rest by doctors in Melbourne, she chose to play the Fed Cup on painkillers the following week.
  While the striking pro sat out most of the tournament she swung into action in the do-or-die game against Hong Kong last Saturday. She partnered Sunita Rao to save India from dropping further down the treacherous sands of zonal competition.
  The Hyderabadi played the match with a heavily strapped thigh. Her trainer Renuka Pinto helped numb the upper part of her left leg, which allowed Sania to take the court. The injury hampered her movement, which meant that she strained other parts of her body, mainly her back which held up during the match, but showed signs of cracking on her return journey on Sunday. Pain killers came to her rescue, allowing her to travel.
  However, the pain seemed to have settled in the last two days, but when she did an MRI on Wednesday it began acting up again. By the evening she could barely move.
  “The doctor suspects it’s a muscular problem. To begin with he has advised her two or three days of bed rest,’’ Sania’s father Imran said. “Once she’s pain free, the doctors will decide how we progress. She’s been itching to get on the courts and hit a few balls, but now that will have to wait.’’ The back problem and the slow healing of the adductor tear now puts into question her participation in Doha.
  Meanwhile, Sania was forced to cancel her meeting with President Pratibha Patil, which was scheduled for Thursday as she was advised bed rest by doctors. It was to be a friendly visit by the 21-year-old pro, whose path breaking moves on the international stage has been an inspiration to athletes around the country.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Hope she gets better fast.  Itis a tough time for the girl, for sure.

Jay
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

yeah, hope she recovers very soon. waiting for her to get back to action.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

How unfortunate that the trouble she took risking injury to make sure that India avoided relegation, has hardly got enough press, compared to the feeding frenzy from everyone in accusing her of "lack of patriotism", "lack of concern to her fans" and "greed for appearance money" etc.

Heck, even her captain Rico had not asked her to play.  To his surprise she started waming up for the doubles without telling him - as she knew we were in a terrible hole, down to the last match against HKG.

What does she get for all of that? .. Accusations after accusations of being the "bad girl".  [Same with the other girl with her in pulling off that doubles win - Sunitha - who only got damning words from her captain]

The irony of it all, is striking.

Sad, sad, sad.

Jay