Sania is #1 in Junior Doubles... or is she?

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

.. and the Biography page that continued to say her highest rank as #1 on July 13th has also changed, a few hours later, presumably by 15th night at UK .. Now that says her highest rank to be #3.

What the heck, I have saved their earlier page. Just for the record, I might just post that at our site and say she indeed was #1 for a day!!

It is really not such a big deal, but I fail to understand what drives ITF to make such an issue out of this, and their stubborn and insensitive behavior bothers me. Somebody out there has GOT TO be aware that Indians do care for an Indian girl being ranked #1 in the world for the first time. I am almost beginning to see an evil motive somewhere in there as they continue with this.

Mind you AITA and others have contacted ITF about this - and they are aware of the sensitivity of the matter. It is utter lack of respect for all those people (and a "we can do this, so we will do this" attitude) that causes ITF folks to not make a simple decision to just award the bonus points and let the issue die. It is not even like there is any other party who would really complain or would have grounds to complain if they awarded the bonus. It does seem like the typical elitist behavior from out there in London.

Jay
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

It is time the twits at the ITF in London came to their post-colonial senses. Terrific work, Jay, in nailing them by saving the original post from the ITF about Sania. Btw, the ITF individual pages are really excellent (if only they would get off their complacent back-sides). One only wishes the ATP pages were as comprehensive...