INDIAN PGA AND PRO GOLF IN INDIA-Airtel Masters Championship

All golf tournaments threads should be posted here.

Moderator: Moderators

V Krishnaswamy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by V Krishnaswamy »

Henley wrote:Hi Krishnaswamy,

Has there been no newsworthy golf tournament in India, Pro or amateur or juniors or ladies, since October? I am repeating this message in your other forum.
Hi Henley.
Am sorry. There really is too much happening in Indian golf. Therefore I am rather busy. But please see another post of mine today, where I mentioned about Indians and Q-SChools.
By the way I find navigating golf within a forum very confusing -- too many topics.
Hopefully Dhruv, Bhushan and Ajay -- the stlwarts of this forum -- can do something about it, if possible.
Cheers and bye for now,
swamy
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

V Krishnaswamy wrote: By the way I find navigating golf within a forum very confusing -- too many topics.
Hopefully Dhruv, Bhushan and Ajay -- the stlwarts of this forum -- can do something about it, if possible.
Cheers and bye for now,
swamy
I have tried to make some changes. Not sure if they made it worse or better. Let me know what your suggestions are and I will try and incorporate them.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Shiv Kapur, who is getting ready to play Asian qualifiers, is getting in good form in Indian PGA and currently leading at Kolkata in PGAI event RCGC Open. Here is a link to check what's going on in the RCGC tournament.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Vijay Kumar topples Shiv to win RCGC Open on sixth play-off hole. Read the whol reporthere.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

V Krishnaswamy wrote:

By the way I find navigating golf within a forum very confusing -- too many topics.
Cheers and bye for now,
swamy

I have tried to make some changes. Not sure if they made it worse or better. Let me know what your suggestions are and I will try and incorporate them.
-Dhruv
Dhruv,

If I remember correctly from an earlier post by Swamy, his problem is with the slow Internet connection at his place. Moving from one forum to another, or one thread to another takes him more time than it takes us with fast Internet connection.

Am I correct, Swamy?
V Krishnaswamy

Right on

Post by V Krishnaswamy »

While net connections are still dial-up, I do have a cable connection which is somewhat better. However I notice, Dhruv has re-jigged a few things and made segments like "US AND Europe" , "Asia and Japan" and "Indian". That should make things a little easy.

Would you guys like a copy of the daily press release put out by Tiger Sports to be on the forum. I could arrange for that and make them send you a copy, or I will paste it as a post whenever there is a release.

What say you.

Swamy
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Right on

Post by ajay »

V Krishnaswamy wrote:Would you guys like a copy of the daily press release put out by Tiger Sports to be on the forum. I could arrange for that and make them send you a copy, or I will paste it as a post whenever there is a release.

What say you.
I say that I'd luv to read those daily press releases here. It keeps you in touch with the Indian golf scene.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

That would be great, Swamy. :D
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

I guess we should give you an email address where you can send it to. If you are arranging for it to be sent to an email address the address can be :

golf@sports-india.com

Thank you
V Krishnaswamy

Will send stuff as often as I can

Post by V Krishnaswamy »

Hi All,
Will send Press Releases and whatever info I have from now on Indian golf, at this segment. When Indians are playing abroad, I will post stuff on "Indian golfers on the Move".
Cheers.
Swamy
suresh

Post by suresh »

Swamy, Thanks a lot in advance.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Swamy, someone is looking for u urgently ... Mr. Kevin from 'The Right Angle' production house in Singapore ... And he would like to interview u for a documentary for Discovery Channel.

Here is the link ... viewtopic.php?p=4118682#4118682

Jaydeep.
Henley

Re: Will send stuff as often as I can

Post by Henley »

V Krishnaswamy wrote:Hi All,
Will send Press Releases and whatever info I have from now on Indian golf, at this segment. When Indians are playing abroad, I will post stuff on "Indian golfers on the Move".
Cheers.
Swamy

Hi Swamy,

Nothing worthwhile from you all these days? Is the weather in India as bad as in my place - no possibility of golfing?
V Krishnaswamy

INDIAN PGA TOUR - WESTERN SWING BEGINS IN PUNE

Post by V Krishnaswamy »

PUNE, February 7: The Amby Valley PGAI Tour embarks on the Western Swing with the Hero Honda Open West 2005, which begins at the new look par-71 Poona Club Golf Course from Tuesday, February 8.

The cream of Indian golf is expected to battle it out for the Rs 1.62 lakh winner’s cheque out of the total prize purse of Rs 10 lakh. The top-10 players in the Money List from the current season, including No. 1 Mukesh Kumar (Mhow), No. 2 Ashok Kumar (Delhi), No. 3 Shiv Kapur (Delhi) and No. 4 Vijay Kumar (Lucknow), who is also the defending champion will tee it up for the prestigious title. The runner-up will be richer by Rs 1.12 lakh.

“We are keen, with the Hero Honda Open West to further the progress made by the sport in this part of the country,” said Col SK Sinha, General Manager Operations, Amby Valley Sahara Lake City. “Amby Valley has set an example by taking under their wings a sport like golf. Indian golfers have been performing the world over against the stiffest of competition. Amby Valley has recognized these feats and taken it upon themselves to further the interests of the sport in India”, he added.

The Hero Honda Open West forms the 13th leg of the Amby Valley PGAI Tour 2004-05 season. “We are glad to host the annual event. The performances of our players in India and abroad has prompted us to continue with the sponsorship of the Hero Honda Open West,” said Mr. Sanjay Bhan, Regional Manager, Hero Honda Motors Limited. “Like every year, I think we will get to see some great action on the course,” he added.

“We take pride in hosting this prestigious event. It is our endeavour to give the best of playing conditions to the professionals,” said Mr. Anil Seolekar, Captain of the Poona Club (Golf) Limited Course, who has been the driving force behind the renovation and the beautification of the course.

Ashok Kumar, the hottest player on the Amby Valley PGAI Tour this season, with five victories, which incidentally came back-to-back, will be looking to regain his top spot on the Order of Merit, after Mukesh Kumar overtook the 22-year-old with the victory in the Eastern India Open, the last leg of the Eastern Swing of the Amby Valley PGAI Tour.

Apart from Ashok Kumar, the other winners on the tour include Mukesh who has won three titles while rookie Shiv Kapur, who recently earned an Asian Tour card, has two titles to his credit. Rafick Ali and Vijay Kumar both have won once each.

As many as 38 players have already crossed the Rs 100,000 earnings mark with both Kumars – Mukesh and Ashok having amassed more than Rs. One Million in prize money. With a minimum of eight events yet to be played with a total purse worth Rs 18 million, the professionals can look forward to end the season with a bulged wallet!

The Poona Club Golf Course has been completely refurbished and wears a new look for the tournament. It now possesses one of the finest driving ranges in the country as well as a huge new putting green. The greens which are true and fast are one of the best in India and will surely test even the most hardened professionals.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Thanks Swamy. Swamy, can you put up a list of top 10 golfers in the current money list in Indian PGA.