2006 JPGA: Jeev Milkha WINS Season Ending Golf Nippon Series JT Cup!!!

Coverage of Indian golfers in the Asian and the JPGA

Moderator: Moderators

Prem
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: 2006 JPGA: Season Ending Golf Nippon Series JT Cup- Jeev Milkha Singh

Post by Prem »

woohoo :kookoo: :notworthy: woohoo :notworthy:

CONGRATULATIONS to JEEV for another terif win in another prestigious event. The season ending event of any tour where the top players only get a chance is always a big event as all are players in good nick during th eyear and are winners.....

Not sure whether anyone has won 2 season ending events ever !!! Jeev has another one coming up in APGA too....

Its a significant achievement to even play 3 season ending events on 3 different tours as it means you hav et be in top 60 in all those tours and in Japan you have to be in the top 26..

Very commedable effort and the world should take notice !!! You have made us all proud.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Re: 2006 JPGA: Jeev Milkha WINS Season Ending Golf Nippon Series JT Cup!!!

Post by ajay »

Yes Prem, I'm also wondering if victory in the season ending tournament of two tours has ever happend? This victory also takes Jeev to 2nd spot in th Japan moneylist for 2006. Yet another very commendable feat.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Position Player Prize Number of Titles Events
1 Shingo Katayama ¥157,881,928 3 20
2 Jeev Milkha Singh ¥111,579,411 2 17
3 Toru Taniguchi ¥109,298,615 1 24
4 Taichi Teshima ¥96,488,270 2 26
5 Tetsuji Hiratsuka ¥90,566,642 1 27

Jeev has just played 17 events, 3 events less than Katayama. Katayama also had a great year with 3 victories in Japan tour. Of courese, no match to Jeev's performance in 3 different tours. Jeev is just unbelievable!!
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

suresh

Post by suresh »

Congratulations Jeev  :notworthy:

Jeev's game has really moved up several notches after he broke the long title drought. In the last two tournaments, he has had the rest of the field playing catch up with his steady golf. I also think that playing in Japan where the conditions can be difficult at times has made him mentally strong.
If Jeev keeps playing even at a slightly lower level in 2007, I think he will remain in the top 50.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Congratulations Jeev...

I guess Jeev is trying to make up for all the lost years.. I don't think he wants 2006 to end...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

WOW ... What a performance ... Yesterday I got this news through news channels, after hearing this I was really feeling proud for Jeev ... He deserved all these titles after 7 yrs of struggle ... Jeev 'U R Da Man!'

He enters into top 50 with big win thats more creditable than entering from back door after waiting for others to lose ranking points ... :notworthy:

Jaydeep.