Coverage of Indian golfers in the Asian and the JPGA

Moderator: Moderators

ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

2005 ASIAN TOUR: Volvo Masters of Asia

Post by ajay »

Another good day for Jyoti and Shiv. Its all between Shiv, Jyoti and Marcus Both. Simple probability says that our chances are 2/3rd. While Kumar is preparing himself for the worst :frown: , I'm not ready to even think about the other 1/3rd probability. All three want to win it very badly. Jyoti has under performed this year because of injury and he must be looking for the win to put his golf back on right track, Shiv is looking for his first proffessional win after so many near misses in his rookie year. Marcus Both is also looking for his first win in two years or so (that's what I read in one of the report). So it will be a nerve wrecking contest. Lets see who controls his nerves best.

Both is playing a stead golf. The bogey that he got in his 3rd round was only his second bogey in 3 days. (Jyoti and Shiv have 5 and 6 bogeys for the tournament respectively). But hopefully, it will be extermely difficult for Both to conquer both Indians :)

It was nice to see some good vibes between Jyoti and Shiv. Here are few examples:
"I started a bit shaky, bogeying the second (with a three putt) but I gathered myself and I am pretty satisfied with five under. I enjoyed playing with Shiv. He is a good player. We learned from each other and in a way challenged each other to make birdies."
"I think we fed off each other and Jyoti played fantastic golf on the back nine. I think anytime your partner plays well, it feeds into your own game," said Kapur.

Here is the link for the third day report

And thanks Jaydeep and Sridhar for your reporting.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

ajay wrote: While Kumar is preparing himself for the worst :frown: , I'm not ready to even think about the other 1/3rd probability.
U know me :wink:!!! I have another synonym... Pessimistic!!! But you know preparing for the worst, still leaves the sore taste when the worst happens..
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Volvo Masters of Asia - Round 4:

The Indian golfers have started on the right foot.

Jeev Milkha Singh -4 after 12 holes
Gaurav Ghei -2 after 3 holes
Harmeet Kahlon -1 after 12 holes

Jyoti and Shiv have not started playing yet.

Update:
Jeev Milkha Singh -5 after 15 holes (+3 for tournament)
Gaurav Ghei -1 after 6 holes (=2 for tournament)
Harmeet Kahlon -1 after 15 holes (+7 for tournament)

Getting closer to start time for Shiv and Jyoti.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Jeev finally finished on +4 (after -4 final round) and is currently T40.. At least a good finish to a so-so year for jeev.. Letz hope he can come firing next year...

Gaurav Ghei is -2 after 9 holes and currently T18...

Lucky guys in india, who will be able to watch this live...
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Shiv and Jyoti are on the field now. Go Shiv and go Jyoti!!

Update
Well that wasn't a start I looked forward from Shiv as he bogeys the first hole. :(

But hopefully, it'll spur him for a good round as he did in the 2nd round. :goodluck:
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Shiv +1 after 3 holes
Jyoti and Both - E after 2 holes

Andrew buckle with 3 birds in 4 holes is making a charge and is currently -12 just 3 behind the leaders...
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

After a false first step, Shiv corrected himself on par 5 4th hole with a birdie. Nobody of the three in contention, has made a move so far. Shiv after 6 holes, and Jyoti, Both after 5 holes are still even par and joint leaders.

As I'm writing, Shiv makes a move on the par 5 7th by getting a birdie :D
So he takes the sole lead! Go SHIV!!!
Jyoti and Both play another par on par 3 6th - probably the most difficult hole as this hole has not yielded a single birdey.

Update
Gaurav Ghei did not have a good back 9 as gave away two strokes. :( So Gaurave finishes 4th round at par and currently tied 25th
Last edited by ajay on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

If Shiv wins Volvo masters, I am going to chew kumar up :wink:
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

nothingnew wrote:
If Shiv wins Volvo masters, I am going to chew kumar up :wink:
It is too early to say as we can't underestimate Jyoti. I'm expecting that real action will take place in back 9.

Meanwhile, both Jyoti and Both misses another birdie chance at par 5 7th, where Shiv took the lead.

Update
BOTH blinked on the 8th with 3rd bogey of the tournament. This leaves Shiv and Jyoti at #1 and #2 :)

Update: Shiv starts the back nine with a birdie. :) Now its a race to finish and Shiv has opened up a lead of 2 strokes over Jyoti. C'mon Jyoti! Give some challenge!
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

OK! The real action starts as Jyoti and Both also head to back 9. Both of them start with their first birdey of the day on 10th hole, just like Shiv!

Shiv -17 (11)
Jyoti -16 (10)
Both -15 (10)

And Shiv fires another salvo - a birdie on 12th to go to -18 :D
Shiv looks determined, Go Shiv!!!!!!!!

Heat is on as Jyoti birdies par 3 11th to narrow the gap back to one stroke. :bounce:

Shiv -18 (12)
Jyoti -17 (11)
Both -15 (11)
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

Wow,

Shiv jus drilled a 25 foot putt from the very edge of the green to go to 20 under par!!!All this while Jyoti birdied the 17th to go 18 under!!!!

Shiv was elated....His caddie Neeraj...well, it was difficult to wipe the smile of his face...and why not ...Shiv carded an impressive 67 today....Amazing....His putter is jus fabulous..

Drilled another 30 feet putt right into the hole on the 10th....played good iron shots on the 12th and 15th and cleaned up with neat 6-7 feet putts for birdies!!

There is a good chance he cud win the rookie of the year...He was 70k behind andrew buckle..Buckle i think has finished 6th...Shiv gets a 110k for the victory....Would be tight but i think shiv might jus have clinched the Rookie of the year!!!

Sridhar
Last edited by *sridinats* on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

SHIV TAKES THE TITLE

JYOTI COMES IN SECOND...WHERES THE CHAMPAGNE GUYS?????????:-)

Sridhar
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

A wonderfully modest chap Shiv is!!!!

Right after the victory talking to a reporter he said Luck probably had a lot to do with his victory(believe you me thts not d case!!he was jus fabulous) and went on to say "I WOULD RATHER BE LUCKY THAN GOOD"

The poor chap was in tears while thanking his parents...He has a bright bright future ahead and i wish him all the very best :goodluck:

Sridhar
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Simply amazing round to watch ... In begining all three players were playing tentative and cautious game ... And bogey on first hole for Shiv was blessing in disguise ... Becoz then he was knowing that he needed to do something to catch up Jyoti and Marcus, and also put pressure on last pair ... Shiv made first move on 4th hole and then take lead after scoring birdie on 7th hole ... And then he maintained pressure and whenever Jyoti tried to make it close with birdie, he answered him with another birdie ... Simply tactical and scintillating game in back 9 ... Jyoti was trying hard and he missed atleast 3 chances of birdies by whisker on back 9 ... Otherhand Shiv was stuck to basic and was hitting with perfection ... Jeev and Shiv both having superb Iron game ... And Shiv's judgement on green was perfect ... His birdies tries were never short from the hole and they always ended max couple of feets from the hole ... All commentators were quite impress with Shiv's game on the greens ... One of them said - "We r seeing this Indian Rookie, who is having first year on the tour. But I wouldn't dare to call him future star, rather he is already a star and I m sure that we will hear lot more about this 23 yrs lad in future."

Simply impressive performance from Shiv and well deserved to win this Asian Tour Master title ... That also he pocketed in style scoring 25 feets birdie from edge of the green ... That was perfect ending from Shiv.

And Sridhar yes with this win Shiv also pocketed title of 'Rookie of the Year' ... In end he beat Buckle by 20K or something.

KAPUR IS KING OF THE ROAD AT VOLVO MASTERS OF ASIA

Jaydeep.
Last edited by jaydeep on Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

Yes,
Fantastic for Shiv that he gets to pocket the rookie of the year title!!

He really got going in the latter half of the season with so many top 10 finishes a close loss in a play off and finally a win in the last event!!!

Jus a few months back Shiv was down near the 100 marks and now he has finished at 4th place!!

great job

Sridhar