2012 European Tour - Jeev and SSPC

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: 2012 European Tour - Jeev and SSPC

Post by jayakris »

Actually I was doing my grad studies and PhD and so rarely watched sports center news between 85 and 91 to see Ramesh much :) .... But surely he must have been mentioned. I did see him play on regular network TV in 1986 and 97 in those QFs, though. I think after 1990, he was not that much in the news.

Anyway, let me not hijack the thread. Again, great job, Jeev!

Jay
ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by ajay »

I was deep in the ocean without any news for a week. Just returned two hours back to learn this pleasant surprise. Wow! Jeev has done it again!! Its really great to rediscover this form after recovering from injuries. I thought it will be thought to comeback again to his prime after these setbacks from injuries. It may still be very tough to scale the heights that he achieved, like his ranking in top 50 in the world. But he is back in top 100 and that's great!

The next week open championship has just become more interesting! Yeah! Go Jeev!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Was wondering where you were. Deep in the ocean??? Huh?... Jay
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

jayakris wrote:Was wondering where you were. Deep in the ocean??? Huh?... Jay
Well, I had a submarine ride too. So "deep in the ocean" is still correct. :)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

ajay wrote:Well, I had a submarine ride too. So "deep in the ocean" is still correct. :)
Wow, tell us more about it.
suresh

Post by suresh »

If all it takes for Indians to do well is to have Ajay deep in the ocean, we should sponsor such trip for him during the Olympics. We may then get half the medals that PKB expects. :D
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Sure! Please sponsor a cruise trip to Bahamas during the Olympics and I can live with "disconnectivity" with the world to help India win more medals :) .
And don't forget to sponsor the Poker, the most expensive item of the cruise for me. :)

Jaydeep, I was on a 5 day (4 night) cruise to a Mexican island Cozumel. We were on the island for 8hrs. There they have something called mini submarine adventure. I've never seen this anywhere else in the world. I've never done Scuba diving, but I think the mini submarine adventure experience must be close to Scuba diving.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

ajay wrote:Jaydeep, I was on a 5 day (4 night) cruise to a Mexican island Cozumel. We were on the island for 8hrs. There they have something called mini submarine adventure. I've never seen this anywhere else in the world. I've never done Scuba diving, but I think the mini submarine adventure experience must be close to Scuba diving.
:Offtopic: Wow, luv to do this ... I did scuba diving and planning to do certification course in near future.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

PKBasu wrote:Yes, I know he had a card (or near-full eligibility) for the PGA for a couple of years. But he wasn't the Indian pioneer (first one) on the PGA tour -- which was Atwal. On the JPGA and EPGA, Jeev was the pioneering Indian, without doubt.
Unlike Arjun and Daniel Chopra, Jeev didn't pursue the PGA tour card by playing full Nationwide tour (now rechristened as Web.Com tour) and becoming eligible for the year end qualifying tournament to earn the PGA card. If he had pursued that route, the history could have been different. Hats off to Arjun who sacrificed the European tour events in spite of having European card to play NW tour in pursuit of the PGA tour card, and he was ultimately rewarded.
Prem wrote:He got his card based on earning more than the 125th ranked player on PGA money list, as a non member.
If I remember correctly, Jeev got exemption to play a fixed number of tournaments because of his world ranking (top 50?) and with some good results he earned sufficient money to clinch the regular card in the next season.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

With World Number One Rory McIlroy in the field, Gagnjeet is fired up to continue his good streak and return another good performance this week in Barclays Singapore Open. Last two weeks it was only Jeev and Gagan who were in the field. But this week many more Indians are back. I hope Gagan's performance will also instill belief and confidence among upcoming Indian brigade, Lahiri, Himmat Rai and others as this week they also get a chance to perform. And hopefully seniors like Jeev, Jyoti are also fired up to show the youngster that they are still there. :goodluck: