2010 PGA Tour

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: 2010 PGA Tour

Post by Saniapower »

Prem wrote:
Saniapower wrote: When it comes to PGA tour i would rate Arjun Atwal higher than Jeev. At least he has had one win here.
I would disagree. Jeev has just played 3-4 events so far and we cant write him off.
Arjun won a NW event and that too after few years of his playing in US....
Jeev will do well later in the year when he gets used to the courses here....
:goodluck: Jeev...keep going
Now AA has also won on the PGA tour. :clap: Well done AA. :notworthy: Congrats. :clap: So once again it has been proved that i'm absolutely correct. :p [/i]
vparam
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by vparam »

Forgot to mention in my earlier post that when I was watching the Golf channel, the commentators said Arjun now will be invited to play in next year's Masters and PGA Championships.
forpar

Post by forpar »

What an amazing moment for Indian Golf!
I missed it entirely. Thanks to kujo i relived the 18th hole. I still remember the last time when he was so close to victory. He went to playoff and couldn't make it.
Great to see him finally achieve this victory!!
Congratulations Arjun!!
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

you are welcome forpar... I had a more elaborate post written up, but by the time I clicked the submit button, forum timed out and I lost all of it! ( I know, I know, should have copied it out to a text document just to be safe....)

Now, I can't even edit my own post to say "right outer edge" (just to get your mental picture correct) instead of "left outer edge" :)
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Arjun -- Congratulations to you. You've come out of a tough personal time in the last few years and made amends in a remarkable fashion. I wish you a lot more success including winning some majors. Thank you for brightening our days and pleasing our hearts by your stupendous achievement.
sampatakar
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

PGA Champions Tour comes to Korea

Post by sampatakar »

Korea is one of the leaders in golf in Asia and the new official Olympic sport is very popular here.

However, local fans of the sport rarely have had the chance to see the world’s top male players live except for the native Choi Kyoung-ju and Yang Yong-eun, Until now.

The POSCO E&C Songdo Championship presented by Gale International opens Friday to Sunday at the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea golf course located in the Incheon Songdo International Business District.

The tournament is the first PGA Champions Tour event to be held in Asia, with all the golfers over 50 years old.

Some 60 senior golfers will participate including Tom Watson, who won 39 PGA Tour titles including 13 major trophies, as well as Mark O’Meara and Bernhard Langer.

Hope to see some thing like this one day in India ;) :cool:
Prem

Post by Prem »

Arjun, Jeev and Daniel are all in action this week at the Viking Classic.
Arjun has started very well and has finished his round on -6 and he is the joint leader now, afternoon players have just started. So he may be overtaken by end of day. Daniel is way down with +2 today.
Jeev has just teed off.
So Arjun, after few weeks off has started off from where he left.
The win was so much needed and now we can hope to see Arjun playing better.
Hope Jeev can keep his card and for that he need couple of good results soon as the season is ending soon.....
suresh

Post by suresh »

-6 turns out to be the best score of day one. So Arjun is tied for first place with five others. Jeev is at T26 with -2 while Daniel is well over the cut line at T100.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Jeev has just finished the round 2 on the 9th hole with a 8ft birdie. He was 1 over par for the day as he hit 3 birdies, a bogey and a triple bogey on 18th. Jeev was really unlucky on 18th as he had to take two penalty strokes and 8 strokes to complete the par 5 hole. :damn:

He is currently T48 (-1) which will change as the afternoon batch finishes.

Arjun has also started his 2nd round and so far he has played all pars in his first 5 holes. He is currently T7 at -6. One of the co-leader from the first round, Brendon de Jonge, repeated his first round performance and has a clubhouse lead with a score of -12. Let's see how much gap Arjun closes at the end of the day today.

Daniel Chopra is +1 in his first 4 holes with a birdie and a double bogey. Than makes him T107 currently with a score of +3.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Arjun finished second day on PAR scoring 2 birdies and 2 bogeys, so with -6 he is T7 on the list ... Jeev is T53.

Daniel missed cut, he was in need of 2 under round to make cut but he returned with PAR second round with 4 birdies, 2 bogeys and expensive double bogey on 4th hole.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Arjun played well enough to remain inside top-10 at Viking Classic after 3 rounds ... Arjun played 3 under round which consist 5 birdies and 2 bogeys ... With 9 under he is still 6 strokes behind leader but still he has good chance to finish inside top-5.

Jeev had a poor day, he was 3 over after 9 holes but managed 3 birdies to end round on PAR ... He remained on 1 under and dropped 3 places to T56.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

AA had a very bad final day (5 over 77) to fall out oftop 20 (finished T29)

Jeev finished T29
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Jeev is T11 with -3 , AA T58 with 'E' (was +4 at one time), Chopra T24 with -2 at McGladrey Classic after round 1
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Going into the final day of the McGladrey Classic, Arjun is T9 (8-under or 4 shots off the lead), while both Jeev and Daniel are on T30 (at 5-under). Nice to see all three doing reasonably well, and Arjun in particular sustaining his splendid form.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Both Arjun and Jeev had a good finish... Arjun finished T3 with Toms and Allenby after 4 under final round, while Jeev finished T15 with a 3 under final round...Chopra ended up T25...
a birdie on final hole could have taken Arjun to playoff, but a bogey dashed his hopes