2010 PGA Tour

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

dmehra
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: 2010 PGA Tour

Post by dmehra »

This is incredible. Lets go Arjun!! Par the last hole!!
usaindian

Post by usaindian »

finally arjun wins PGA tourney
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Incredible victory for Arjun.. never saw it coming... Congratulations Arjun...
dmehra

Post by dmehra »

What an incredible victory!! I was probably more nervous than AA seeing his last putt. Great and sensible play on the last hole though. Biggest moment for Indian Golf!!
Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Saniapower »

A DREAM COME TRUE !!!!

:clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

MAGNIFICENT MOMENT FOR INDIAN GOLF!!!

Well done, Arjun Atwal :notworthy: :notworthy:

What a marvellous way to regain his full PGA tour card: play the Monday qualifiers and go all the way to win the title! Superb!!! David Toms gave a tough fight on the final day, but Arjun did brilliantly to hold on to his lead and take the title. He had the lead at the end of each day of this tournament (although he shared it after round 2), and was a thoroughly deserving champion. He as actually been in good form for several months, but this week was simply stupendous. Fantastic stuff!!!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Jeev had an excellent 66 on the final day to finish T18, making it an even better day for Indian golf. The first time two Indians have finished in the top 20 of the same PGA tour event!!!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Wow, there was more drama (while I was sleeping) than I realized. There was a 7-way joint lead at one point, but Arjun's birdie at the 16th hole clinched it. Of course, he still had to make a couple of important putts under severe pressure, but that is one of Arjun's strengths, and his putting (and nerves) held beautifully till the end. Well done, Arjun!!!

The first qualifier to win a tournament on the PGA tour in 24 years, and the first Indian PGA tour title winner! Arjun has been an Indian pioneer on the PGA tour: the first to gain a tour card, and now the very first Indian to win a title on the PGA tour. Jeev was the pioneer on the EPGA tour, and has done some great things on that tour (crowned with winning the season-ending tournament at Valderamma in 2006), but Arjun has been the pioneer on the PGA tour itself. For awhile, it seemed it was all falling apart for Arjun, but this year (in the past 3 months especially) he has come roaring back in great style.
Last edited by PKBasu on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prem

Post by Prem »

:bounce: :clap: Congrats Arjun on this historic win.
Maybe the pressure of only a win will do and playing for nothing else helped.
AAA performance from AA
Indian

Post by Indian »

Congratulations Arjun!!

You have finally done it for all Indians. Ever since Arjun got on the 'tour', I had hopes of him winning a few.
This is great, and I believe just a start, not only for Arjun, but other Indians to crack the PGA tour as well.
After Dan, we finally have a full Indian born player winning on the PGA tour.

I was at the golf course this afternoon in CA for my daughter's lessons, and I felt proud telling the news to people out there.
Congratulations once again!

PS: It's been a while for me here, but Arjun's win reminded me of the great Sports India forum again.
usaindian

Post by usaindian »

looks like arjun will jump from around 450 to 160 in world rankings
vparam

Post by vparam »

Great news! Couldn't watch the final round as I was out all day, but great to read about it now! Now a 2 year exemption. Let's hope golf takes off in India.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

:notworthy: :bounce: :notworthy:

I watched few hours late telecast, watches he missed easy 5/6 footer birdie chance on 5th hole but when Arjun made bogey on 12th hole the I decided to sleep ... :) I missed next all excitement but feel great to see Arjun lifts his 1st PGA tour victory ... Deserving victory as all 4 days he was in contention from the start ... So with that he captured PGA tour card for next 2 yrs so major pressure lifted from him ... We can expect many more such performances from Arjun.

Check 4th round wrap up from PGA Tour site.

The Daily Wrap-up, Round 4: Wyndham Championship

Also watch his interview video from PGATour homepage.

http://www.pgatour.com
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Congratulations Arjun!! well done :clap:

he was always in the moment but very relaxed. 18th hole was a testament to his confidence, courage and determination to win the championship. his tee shot landed on left rough after catching a bad bounce, while he shouted "right" "right". took out 5 iron with 195 yards to go for the hole, a commentator says that may be too much club. he has a short discussion with his caddie, puts the club back and out comes a 3 wood. the commentators are shocked! he takes aim at the CBS booth lining up the far edge of 18th green and swings for it. the cameras can't show where the ball landed, because it was right under their nose. he had intentionally done it, to take advantage of a free drop (due to man made obstruction). very clever huh? takes a drop 2 club lengths away from broadcast booth. he has to drop the ball 3 times and see it roll 3 times before referee says, just place it please. Arjun places it nicely on the rough surrounding the green, and takes aim at the hole for his 3rd shot.

he comes close (within 7 feet) of the hole. his playing partner gives him a great read along the same line. now he goes for the final shot to win the championship. a 7 feet putt on final hole, final day, final group to win, is never an easy thing to do. he takes aim at the left outer edge and ball goes cleanly into the cup. Arjun's feet never leaves the ground, drops the putter, raises his hand in celebration but not higher than his head, removes his cap, scratches his head and smiles. For his first ever first PGA tour title after being a Monday qualifier, he had such a relaxed way of celebrating. :)

once again, congratulations!!

kujo
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Most excellent stuff, i say! Congrats!!! Jay