2006 EPGA Tour Season Ending Trn. - Volvo Masters- Jeev WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: 2006 EPGA Tour: Mallorca Classic- JeevMilkha Singh

Post by ajay »

Jeev played a 5 over round :( today and he slipped on the leaderboard from T23 to T47 for a +6 score. Second round is still going on, so his final position would change. The projected cut is at +8 right now. In two rounds so far, Jeev only got two birdies while scoring 8 bogeys.
Prem

Re: 2006 EPGA Tour: Alfred Dunhill Links Championship- Shiv Kapur/Jyoti Randhawa

Post by Prem »

Its OK as the conditions were tough.
Jeev makes the cut atlease comfortable. The cut came at -8.
Harrington +11 & course designer Olazabal +10 did worse.........
Jeev can make a move on last 2 days just if he can score par rounds.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: 2006 EPGA Tour: Alfred Dunhill Links Championship- Shiv Kapur/Jyoti Randhawa

Post by Kumar »

Jeev has a good round of 3 under 69 and is currently T30 with +5.. Course was playing much easier compared to first two rounds..
Prem

Post by Prem »

Jeev finished a very credible tied 13th. :D
Had a very solid 2 under round on a difficult course. Ideal preparation for next weeks finale event on EPGA tour.
Nic Fasth won with 5 under.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

A good performance by Jeev. :D
I agree Prem, ideal preparation for the next week finale. Go Jeev!!!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Terrific performance from Jeev to finished in top 15 on this tough course ... This perfrormance definetly gives Jeev more confidence to excel in season ending event ... With this tied 13th position Jeev earned € 26337.50 and moved on to 44th position in European Tour Order of Merit with €506,517 in 16 starts.

Jaydeep.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Jeev has had a terrific season on both the European and Japanese tours. I hope he finishes it in style in the EPGA season finale. And let's hope he qualifies to get his US PGA card for next year too. It is great to have Jeev in superb touch again: he was something of a pioneer in international golf for Indians, then had an injury-induced slump, but he has come roaring back this year. 
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

At Volvo Masters, Club de Golf Valderrama - First Round

T20 SINGH Jeev Milkha IND 71  PAR

Jeev started well with 2 under after front 9 scoring birdies on 4th and 8th holes, but on back 9 he struggled with his game and scored 3 bogeys on 11th, 14th and 16th holes ... But he ended his round positively scoing a birdie on 18th hole ... Currently some players r on the field, but still not look much change in the position after end of the first round.

Jaydeep.
Last edited by jaydeep on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Jeev finished T19.
Thats a good start on a tough course.
Monty is +6 & Casey +5, Jaidee +8
Considering that the top 54 of the EPGA tour are playing this event, thats a decent position to be in.
Hope to see him moving up tomorrow.....
Prem

Post by Prem »

Jeev has made my day.....He became the first INDIAN and only the third Asian after Isao Aoki of Japan and Korea's Choi Kyung-ju to lift a title on European soil.  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Prem

Re: 2006 EPGA Tour: JEEV WINS THE PRESTIGIOUS VOLVO MASTERS !!!

Post by Prem »

Boy O Boy..Jeev played fantastic golf to move up and win the prestigious Volvo Masters by one shot from Garcia, Donald & the new European Tour no. 1 Harrington.  woohoo :notworthy: woohoo :notworthy:

Jeev started off day one on tied 19 with an even par 71 round.
Moved up to T9 by day 2 after scoring another 71.
Made the move on day 3 with a superb 3 under 68 and was the leader by 1 shot going into the final round.

I watched th efinal round in full on TV and Jeev played very steady and never let that lead go.
At the worst, when he made bogeys on 12 & 13, he was tied for the lead with Garcia but made it up with a superb approach on par 5 17th. He missed the eagle by a whisker and had a 2 shot lead going into the last. Played safe and won with a bogey on the difficult last.

CONGRATULATIONS to Jeev on this fantastic achievement. To win this event as an Indian is very commendable as its the flagship event in the EPGA Tour.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Jeev, you are da man.  woohoo

Prem, can you write a report about Jeev's victory for Sports-India since you know golf well and also saw himplay?  Thanks.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

This becomes the greatest victory in Indian Golf. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  :notworthy: woohoo  woohoo  :notworthy:

Two European titles in one year, first victory by an Indian on European soil, the biggest tournament victory by Indian, the biggest pay check by an Indian. I'm quite hopeful that it should take him to top 100 in World Ranking too.

Just unbelievable!!! Jeev has truly taken back the star position in Indian golf. He has been the pioneer of Indian golf and once again he has done the whole country proud.

Thank you Jeev for this wonderful achievement.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Here is the first report on thsi victory at European tour site.
Jeev Milkha Singh certain loves a Volvo! The 34 year old Indian golfer from Chandigarth followed up his victory in the Volvo China Open earlier this year by capturing The European Tour’s season-ending event, the Volvo Masters on his debut appearance at Valderrama.
In the end, the drama at Valderrama came down to the final match on the golf course. Singh, the first Indian golfer to qualify for The European Tour, took advantage of Sergio Garcia’s last hole bogey to win the €666,660 (£446,598) first prize with a closing round of 72 and a two under par total of 282.
Singh, who led by a stroke going into the final round, appeared to have lost his chance when he bogeyed the 12th and 13th holes on Valderrama’s fiendish back nine. However he held his nerve and, with Garcia bogeying the 13th and 14th, Singh played the critical shot at the right time.

Off a perfect drive at the 17th, Singh ignored the lapping waters around the green and smashed a six iron from 205 yards to 12 feet and two putted for a birdie four. That earned him a two stroke cushion, although he didn’t know it at the time due to a reluctance to check the leaderboards.

A pushed tee shot at the last  brought the prospect of a play-off sharply into focus and Harrington returned to the driving range in case the Indian made a double bogey. In fact, Singh played his third to eight feet and used both his putts for a bogey five and a one stroke victory.
“I think I should play all the Volvo tournaments because they are lucky for me” quipped Singh after accepting the sparkling trophy. “This is the biggest victory of my career so far and is going to stay with me for the rest of my life. It means a lot to me. I think this is going to be big for Indian golf. I feel more sponsors will come out and more kids will try to make a career from the sport.”

He explained: “I was basically trying to avoid thoughts which were going to put pressure on me. I was just trying to focus on what I had to do. I followed the same routine.”

Singh, whose father was an Olympic sprinter, recalled some words of advice passed down from father to son. He said: “My father always told me to stay in the present and to breathe well, to stay calm when the pressure was on. I tried to keep it consistent and it certainly helped.”
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: 2006 EPGA Tour Season Ending Trn. - Volvo Masters- Jeev WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kumar »

Congrats Jeev...

Man, Jeev is on a impressive run here.. Jeev is in scintillating form and should really hate the fact that season is drawing to closse..