Vijay Singh thread

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

vishnureddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Vijay Singh

Post by vishnureddy »

Ubisoft to produce a Vijay Singh titled golf game
Right now, Ubisoft said they do not have any plans to market Singh's game to South Asians specifically. But Singh, in an e-mail, said he has hope more South Asian children learn to play, no matter how they are introduced.

"Golf is a great game and it teaches valuable lessons to young people which are important for the future. Therefore, I think the more young people who are introduced to golf the better, and if this (video) game helps more children in India, Asia and around the world play golf then great. That would make me very happy," he said.
Hopefully Ubisoft releases it in India too like its previous title Tom Clancys Splinter Cell.

Hey Arun , i envy your luck mate :devil: hopefully you'll get to meet Daniel and even Vijay :goodluck:
amr090
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by amr090 »

I can pick any one day I want, I'm probably going to go on Saturday.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by BSharma »

Vijay has a lot of stake at Booz Allen Classic this week. His #1 world ranking is on the line and he will have to finish no worse than a three-way tie for second to remain the top golfer in the world.
PKBasu

Vijay Singh

Post by PKBasu »

Despite being ranked #1 in the world for most of the past 18 months, Vijay needs to win more majors if he is to have the lasting respect of the golfing fraternity. No matter how great his regular performances in PGA tournaments, the majors are what really count for posterity. Vijay has just three majors (2 PGA titles, 1 Masters, but no US or British Open titles yet). This week presents a good opportunity to climb alongside some of the all-time greats with a fourth major title; more importantly, Vijay needs to win at least one British Open before he retires. Let's hope this is his year...
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by BSharma »

Very true, PKB.

Vijay Singh must win at least a couple of majors in addition to the three he has to be considered one of the great golfers. A career grand slam would be sweet.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by Kumar »

I think VJ has a long way to go before he can be considered as part of the TIGER, Jack, Ben Hogan group..

Right now he is probably in the second group.. And needs 4-5 majors to go to the first group..

Does anyone here think , VJ should get back with his caddy (i forgot his name), who broke up with VJ at the beginning of this year..
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by BSharma »

Does anyone here think , VJ should get back with his caddy (i forgot his name), who broke up with VJ at the beginning of this year..
Vijay is doing great getting the ball on the greens in regulation (ranked #1). This is where the caddie can help a pro-golfer (am I right? I don't play golf :( ). Vijay's problem is in putting (ranked #126 in putts per round) and I am not sure how much the caddie can help him in putting. The caddie can help him line the shot but Vijay's problem is not that either. As was mentioned by a golfer-forum member, Vijay has a problem in stroking the ball properly while putting.

Dave Renwick was Vijay's caddie until last year.

A non-golfer's two cents worth of input. :)
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by BSharma »

Tiger Woods had taken the top ranking from Vijay some weeks back and today he overtook Vijay in the ranking of the money list.

New ranking; last week ranking; Player; money won
1 2 Tiger Woods $6,601,874
2 1 Vijay Singh $5,994,203
3 3 Phil Mickelson $4,268,775
Red_Indian

Vijay Singh

Post by Red_Indian »

Statistical proof, if anyone needs it, that Vijay's putter lets him down:

http://pgatour.com/stats/leaders/r/2005/104

He's the second best percentage on making the greens in regulation (just behind Garcia) but look how far down the list he is in putting average.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by Kumar »

At last some media guys agree that VJ would have better than Tiger if not for his putter!!! There is a talk that he could switch to his belly putter?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... index.html
PKBasu

Vijay Singh

Post by PKBasu »

Vijay is dominating the Buick Open, with a 5-stroke lead going into the final day (and an 8-stroke lead over Tiger Woods). My question is: why can't he do this more consistently in the majors? No matter how much he dominates tournament action on the PGA tour, his play in golf history will be determined by the number of majors he wins. That is where Vijay is falling short, woefully.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by Kumar »

Vijay is dominating the Buick Open, with a 5-stroke lead going into the final day (and an 8-stroke lead over Tiger Woods). My question is: why can't he do this more consistently in the majors? No matter how much he dominates tournament action on the PGA tour, his play in golf history will be determined by the number of majors he wins. That is where Vijay is falling short, woefully.

PKB.. Answer is very simple.. Flat Stick.. Something called Putting!!! Majors puts gr8 emphasis on putting!!! And VJ can't putt consistently!!! VJ was never supposed to win Masters, as you need to be a good putter to win at Augusta!!! That week he got really hot with his flat stick to win.. Whereas regular tournaments, fairways are long and grass is not long and you can get the ball really close to the hole..
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by BSharma »

Right on the money, Kumar.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by Kumar »

After being unable to defend his titles in the past years, VJ defends 2 of the 4 titles he won last year!!!

Now the question is, Can VJ defend the big one? I think the odds of VJ beating Tiger (who is in roaring form) twice in two appearances is very slim.. For that to happen, VJ has to reproduce the putting form he exhibited first three days at BUICK...

Nothing has changed and Bhushan would still pick Tiger 2 weeks from now :wink: ..
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Vijay Singh

Post by BSharma »

Nothing has changed and Bhushan would still pick Tiger 2 weeks from now :wink: ..
You can bet your bottom dollar on it. :kookoo:

There is a reason for my picking Tiger over Vijay. Tiger has been in great form recently and his chances of winning are better than that of Vijay. If Vijay can putt half as decent as Tiger, Vijay would have won about 8 majors by now. However, I root for Vijay over Tiger, and I root for Tiger over Phil, Els, Retief, Sergio, etc.