Daniel Chopra

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Daniel Chopra - PGA Tour- Sony Open in Hawaii

Post by ajay »

A good fourth round at Sony Open ensured that Daniel made this tournameny count. T28th and $36,140 is not a bad start for the new season in the new year. Looking back, Daniel falterd only on the second day when he went 2 over par. On the first and last day he was under par.
In fact, this is his best start as last year Daniel finished T42nd at Sony Open and previous to that he was T56th.

Although Daniel ensured that he gets some ranking points from this tournament, but his ranking drops a litte - by two spots to 131.
Last edited by ajay on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Re: Daniel Chopra - PGA Tour- Bob Hope Chrysler Classic

Post by BSharma »

Dan will play at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic this week.  It is a five round event with the cut taking place after the fourth round.  Each professional golfer will play with three amateurs on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and the low 70 professionals and ties will move on to Sunday to play the last and fifth round.

Dan is playing this tournament for the fourth time and his first two outings in 2004 and 2005 resulted in him missing the cut.  He finished tied for 35th place in 2006 with rounds of 70 74 70 67 and 68.

Good luck in 2007.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Dan will be available for chat in few weeks. So guys, who are ready for chat? The details will follow later. I would prefer at least 10 member to be present for the chat. If we don't have a reasonable number of members, then there is no point of arranging a chat session. So please respond and let me know who are interesed for the chat session.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

ajay wrote: So please respond and let me know who are interesed for the chat session.
Ajay, I would be interested in the chat session. It would be great to know Dan's perspective / experience after being in the PGA tour for the last 3 years.

cheers,
-kujo
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Count me in.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Although Daniel is turning hot on the PGA field, we seem to be turning cold. :) Only two response so far.  C'mon! Lets match the Daniels intensity and have some conversation with him.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Count me in, Ajay.  Let us know when is a good time for Daniel to chat with us.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

ajay wrote: Although Daniel is turning hot on the PGA field, we seem to be turning cold. :) Only two response so far.  C'mon! Lets match the Daniels intensity and have some conversation with him.
Ajay, I'd love to join but it will depend on the time of the day.  When the details are available, please let me know.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Is weekday or weekend a better time to chat for Daniel and most of us?  Weekend is better for me, if it is ok with Daniel.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Ajay, I would also love to join in..depending on the time.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

BSharma wrote: Is weekday or weekend a better time to chat for Daniel and most of us?  Weekend is better for me, if it is ok with Daniel.
Lets discuss what would be a good time for most of us. What do you think about weekend?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

weekdays evenings would be great for me... A weekend could be okay. I guess chat session will be during his offweek

I would prefer Chat session to be before april 21st.. or after May 8th...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

I would also luv it on weekend but check with Dan if he is ok with weekdays then thats also can adjustable.

Jaydeep.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Daniel Chopra - PGA Tour (chat soon?)

Post by jayakris »

Can you golf moderators please try to reduce the length of the thread titles (or at least keep it updated?) ....  I just went in and changed a couple, but I am reluctant to do it because I am not as up on golf as many of you..

Basically, slightly shorter titles are better when the forum lists the thread after the readers click "unread posts" etc ...

I also suggest player names to be put inside parantheses in the Tournament threads, and the tournament names to be placed in parantheses for the player threads - the format we have generally followed (rather subconsciously) in the tennis threads.  Makes it a bit easier to pick and choose threads.

Also, be careful in changing the player thread titles to show new news.  I just placed paranthes on the Jeev thread for instance.   It had been changed to "Jeev Milkha Singh awarded padma shri" which made it look like a thread on just that topic.   I placed parantheses on "awarded padma shri" which shows that it is the permanent Jeev thread and that the info in parenthes will probabloy change later.

Glad to see so many golf threads these days, by the way.

Thanks

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PKBasu

Re: Daniel Chopra - PGA Tour (chat soon?)

Post by PKBasu »

Count me in for any chat with Daniel, although I would prefer a weekend session -- preferably in the evening in the US (when it would be daytime in my part of the world  :D).