Daniel Chopra

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Daniel Chopra - PGA Tour

Post by BSharma »

Daniel Chopra is taking a break from PGA Tour for two weeks in a row to recharge his batteries.  He will skip the PGA Tournament in San Antonio this week and will play next week.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

And what did he do during the break?

He attended a Chopra wedding and insspired the groom Amit Chopra who prequalified for the 2006 Q-School.  :D
Can we see two Chopras in 2007 PGA Tour?
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Q. Do you know who is the latest fan of Daniel Chopra?

A. Bill Clinton

President Clinton played with Daniel in Miami a month ago. He was so impressed with Daniel that he has been seeking opportunity to play with Daniel once again. In the words of Sam
Did I mention Daniel played golf with President Clinton in Miami a month ago. An incredible experience Dan rode his cart with the Presdient then we had dinner with him afterwards. Dan played so well that day the President often calls wondering if Dan can catch up for a game somehow on this circuit.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Finally, after some repeated failures, I uploaded the two images of Bill Clinton with Daniel Chopra.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Daniel Chopra - PGA Tour- T2 at Frys.com Open, Las Vegas

Post by ajay »

Since Daniel came back after the break, he putter has been red hot. (What else do you expect from a person leading the tour in scoring birdies, and putting average, while #2 in scoring eagles). Result, a T16 finish followed by two back to back top 10 (T6 and T2) :D

Daniel's performance in last three tournaments

10/01/06 Southern Farm Bureau Classic T16 71 68 68 74 -- 281 -7 $39,400.00
10/08/06 Chrysler Classic of Greensboro T6 68 74 66 69 -- 277 -11 $151,250.00
10/15/06 Frys.com Open T2 69 67 64 66 -- 266 -21 $352,000.00 (His career's highest pay check so far)

This year has been a defining year for him. He has so far 6 top 10s, $1,514,812 in earning and 48th in the money list. Hopefully, he'll improve on this in the next two tournaments. Go Daniel!!

Think of that that Daniel almost got disqualified from the Frys.com Open as he barely made his tee time on 3rd day! Read about it hereChopra the third-round clubhouse leader in rain-delayed event.
Chopra's 8-under third round at TPC Summerlin gave him a 200 total.

Leading the TOUR in putting this year, he needed just 27 putts during the third round.

He had a nervous commute to the golf course. Because of accidents and flooding on the roads between the Las Vegas strip and TPC Summerlin, Chopra barely made his tee time.

"It took almost two hours," he said of the 13 1/2-mile drive from his hotel. "When I got here, I ran to get my shoes on, ran over to the range and hit a couple of shots and headed for the tee."

Ryuji Imada, who was at 7-under 136 through two rounds, wasn't so lucky. He also got stuck in traffic and just missed his tee time and was disqualified.

Imada was supposed to be in Chopra's group, and Chopra was talking to him on the cell phone as he rushed to the course.

"I feel so bad for him. We were on the first fairway and I looked back on the tee and saw him like this," Chopra said, dropping his head and holding it with both hands.
Last edited by ajay on Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Daniel Chopra needs a webmaster for his web-site, who also has a passion for golf. The jobs to be done are:

Now: Re-vamp, change colours, add some more pictures create new webpages etc.
Weekly: It menas updating it with a photo each week that will be provided, update the supplied text, update the scores and add any press clipping s to the archives and press pages.

Anyone interested, let me know.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Daniel is ranked No. 1 in Putting Average for 2006.  :notworthy:
Guess who finished no. 1 in Putting Average for 2005 ?????

Our own Arjun Atwal.............

It would be terrific if our guys can do it 2 years in a row on the PGA TOUR........
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Daniel Chopra will be free next week and available for a chat session. Unfortunately, I'll be treavelling and quite busy with some approaching deadlines. Can someone take the lead and coordinate a chat session. There will be so many things to ask him and discuss and it should be fun. Dhruv, will it be possible to conduct a chat session nextweek?
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Sent you a PM.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

After winning $15,642.57 prize money at Chrysler Championship ... Daniel slide by 1 position after 68th place K.J. Choi won the title and moved into top 30.

54 Daniel Chopra  33 tournaments  $1,530,455 prize money

But ended top in putting averages from 110 rounds, 1.712

Jaydeep.
CJ Gibson

Post by CJ Gibson »

Dan was the first pro Golfer i ever met... I caddied in his group for the 2005 Reno Tahoe open pro-am. He is a great guy and i learned alot from him.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Welcome CJ Gibson. Nice to hear from you that you caddied for Dan earlier. How did you meet him?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

ajay wrote: Welcome CJ Gibson. Nice to hear from you that you caddied for Dan earlier. How did you meet him?
Welcome CJGibson.

Ajay, I think Gibson caddied for some other player in Dan's group .
CJ Gibson

Post by CJ Gibson »

I did... i caddied for an amertuer in his group.. anyways that was how i met him.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Daniel Chopra - PGA Tour- Sony Open in Hawaii

Post by ajay »

Daniel starts his new season in 2007 with Sony Open at Kapalua.
Like Vijay singh, Daniel has also been training in the off season albeit a shorter one as he closed out his extended 2006 season with Australian tour event in New Zealand, where he finished credible T12. Vijay showed his resolve in his first tournament as he went for nothing less but a victory. Daniel is coming of from his best ever season in 2006 in which he twice came close to winning a tournament. With 6 top 10 finishes, including a runner up finish, he finished 54th in the PGA tour money list. He was the the leader in the putting average and total birdies in 2006. One statistic that badly hurt him was the 4th round performance. While his scoring average before the cut was 70.31(20th), the 3rd round average was 70.0(25th), his last round performance was dismal 72.29 (157th). Surely his best is yet to come and he is ready to take the next step in his career. Currently he is ranked at 129, which is his best ever ranking so far. He is closing on to top 100 and it will be interesting to see his progress in 2007. With his close friend Jeev Milkha Singh tremendous achievements in 2006, Daniel must be further inspired to reach greater heights. Watch out for him!