Daniel Chopra

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kujo
Authors
Authors

Re: Daniel Chopra

Post by kujo »

A win is a win is a win!
Daniel Chopra was declared the winner of the Fresh Express Classic at TPC Stonebrae when heavy fog rolled into Northern California and ultimately forced the cancellation of the final round.
Chopra, who missed the cut in his only other start at the Panama Claro Championship, earned the win when he flirted with shooting a 59 in Saturday's third round. He was 10-under par through 16 holes on the par-70 layout and needed only one more birdie on his final two holes to join an elite group of players. His 45-foot birdie putt at No. 17 missed by inches and an errant second shot at No. 18 ultimately led to his only bogey of the day.
Chopra, a two-time PGA TOUR winner, collected his third Nationwide Tour title and his first since taking the 2004 Henrico County Open. The victory was worth $108,000 and moved him to No. 3 on the money list.

"We were eight minutes away from calling the tournament and suddenly the fog disappeared and we were playing," said Chopra. "For most of the day it looked like we weren't going to play. The hardest thing was the mental uncertainty because I haven't been in this position for a few years."
Couple more wins and he would get to play in PGA tour 2011 right away...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

Classic !!! Thanks Kujo for sharing this info.

Congrats Dan for winning his first Nationwide Tour title of 2011.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Well, thanks to Atithee though. I haven't been following Dan in a long while, I see his post and then I see the good doc's (may his soul rest in peace) earlier post. From the link Doc had posted about Dan:
'I paid for my subscription to watch the IPL in the United States and I was so keen I was considering becoming a part owner of a team until I discovered how much it would cost. I might have to win a couple of majors before they take me seriously.'

Chopra has ambitious plans for a golf tournament tie-in with the IPL players. Perhaps 'A Round with Tendukar' might attract the sponsors and TV interest. And then, so fluid is the Indian economy, so pregnant with potential, then ka-boom the whole thing might explode.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

I was flipping channels a couple of days ago, and came across the final holes of the Iskandar Johor Open (a joint EPGA/APGA event) played in the third week of November (2011). Daniel was leading at the start of the final day, and finished second (just a hole behind the winner, Joost Luiten of the Netherlands, a first time winner with a 63 final round). Padraig Harrington finished T3. Nice to see Daniel continue his fine form (which saw him regain his PGA tour card for the upcoming season).