Jyoti Randhawa thread

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by PKBasu »

Jyoti is coming off a strange injury that he is reluctant to talk too much about (I got this from Swamy).

Meanwhile, his wife is making the headlines, for her decision to take a long break from what seemed like an extremely promising Bollywood career:

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/sep/28look.htm
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

Jyoti is playing in the World Golf Championship in San Francisco. He and Arjun Atwal have received direct entry into the World Cup later this year.
Fastek

Jyoti Randhawa in San Francisco

Post by Fastek »

I was working at the AMEX World Championship in San Francisco this past week and was able to meet and chat with Jyoti Randhawa on the course. Quite a gentleman. I was able to spend much more time talking to his brother who is his caddy as I'm sure you all know. He is a really nice guy. Jyoti held his own quite well up against the best players on the planet. He struggled on 17 and 18 all four days but he certainly looks like he belongs out there with the best of them. I wish him the best in the future and hope I have the chance to meet him and his brother at another tournament someday.
suresh

Jyoti Randhawa in San Francisco

Post by suresh »

Thanks a lot for your input, Fastek. Jyoti has been the highest ranked Indian golfer for
sometime now and we in this forum hope that he will become a PGA regular.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

Jyoti will play at HSBC Tournament in China this week and then go to Portugal next week to play with Arjun Atwal in the World Cup. He will play in the European PGA Tour for a year or so before trying his hand at the PGA Tour.

HSBC DIARY: RANDHAWA GETS READY FOR BATTLE
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

After an excellent performance at Abu Dhabi, Jyoti Randhawa is once again ready to break into top 100 of world ranking (WR). This week, Jyoti moved from WR119 to WR103.

Hopefully, after Qatar Masters at Doha, he'll back in top 100. Go Jyoti!!!
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

Ajay and I must have been thinking the same because he was posting about Jyoti's move to 103rd place in this thread and I was posting the same news in the World Ranking thread at the same time. :D
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

As you often say, the great minds think the same way :D
gbelday

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by gbelday »

Jyoti hurt...hope he feels better soon!!

Randhawa optimistic despite desert mishap
http://in.rediff.com/sports/2006/jan/24golf.htm
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Jyoti Randhawa once again had a good result as he finishes T13. He missed a top 10 narrowly as his putter didn't warm up enough on the last day. But he competed well against a strong field. With this performance, Jyoti has moved to 19 position in the merit list. In the six tournaments this season, Jyoti has two top 10s, one top 15.

Next week he tournament is Johnnie Walker Classic where has some mixed results. He missed the cut last year, but in 2004 he finished 2nd behind JIMÉNEZ Miguel Angel. Jyoti is also playing good and he will be aiming to win his first title in EPGA. He will be up against the likes of Retief Goosen, Fred Couples and Colin Montgomerie. Go Jyoti!!
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Jyoti will be losing the world ranking points of his 2004 2nd place finish in Johnnie Walker Classic. He looses the last quarter of 2.38 pts from Johnnie Walker + some other points. But hopefully, the points gained this week around 4.8, will be sufficient to overcome the drop of points and push him to top 100.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

Jyoti cracks the top 100 in world ranking this week and is ranked 100. :D

He has played on the EPGA Tour this year and recently had to withdraw from a tournament in the Middle East after falling off a four-wheeler. He has recovered from that injury and will next play in the malaysian Open. So what does he do to prepare himself for the test in Kuala Lumpur? According to an article (link below), Jyoti has been riding his superbike and shooting trap. :notworthy:

I think that the golf story was written by our very own Swamy, and he is the best in coming up with a great story angle to showcase our stars. :D

Randhawa charged up for Malaysian Open
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Jyoti has been missing from the action for some time. I was wondering what's going on with him. Finally, I see his name in the entry list for Telecom Italia Open to be played from May 4th-7th. So for the first time he plays in Europe in his first full European tour season.

Jyoti has played in Britain ealier but I don't recall if he has played in Europe mainland. Arjun did'nt have good experience of playing in Europe. Let's see how Jyoti fares. He is not familar with these course, which are quiet different from what he normally plays in Asia.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Jyot's name is now missing from this week's Telecom Italia Open. So he will be missing from the action this week too. Whats up with him?!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by jaydeep »

Jyoti was coming back on tour after seven weeks rest ... He is making his first appearance after the break at the $3.2 million Quinn British Masters after missing the cut at the TCL Classic.

Goodluck Jyoti.

Jaydeep.