Jyoti Randhawa thread

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Jyoti Randhawa thread

Post by BSharma »

Indian golfer Jyoti Randhawa has qualified to play in the British Open Golf Championship to be played from July 17 to 20, 2003 at Royal St George's Golf Club at Sandwich, in Kent.  He made it into the Open based on finishing first in the Asian PGA in 2002.

Here is the link to the web site to follow Jyoti's progress at the Open.

http://www.opengolf.com/home/default.sps

I will be tied up then and will not be able to update his scores.  Best of luck to Jyoti.

Addendum:
There is a nice article about Jyoti Randhawa at the Asian Golf web site

http://www.asianpgatour.com/en/schedule ... 4&ayr=2003
Last edited by S_K_S on Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

It looks like that Jyoti Randhawa will be the only Indian playing at the British Open this year. Amandeep Johl and Arjun Atwal failed to qualify for the Open.

Indian golf fans can follow Jyoti's progress at http://www.opengolf.com/

I will be tied up and will not be able to give an update.

It is great to see Indians doing well in some many different sports.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by Dhruv »

After R1 Jyoti was at +9. He needs to put up a much better showing to make the cut
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

It looks like Jyoti Randhawa is taking a mini-breat from golf. He has signed up for the trap event in the pre-National Shooting Championship in Chennai from August 23-24.

Randhawa was quoted as saying, "I've always wanted to excel in two sports at the same time. I feel I can realise this dream. Earlier, it was difficult to devote serious time to shooting as I was immersed in golf. I guess I can try it now."

His other passion in life include shooting and biking. Last season, he crashed his superbike and broke his collarbone, which sidelined him for six months.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

At Suntory Open in Japan PGA tour, Jyoti had a good first day. :) He shot a score of 68 (-3). At the end of the day he was placed T3, with leader at -6.

2nd round is on and he is having another good day. So far after 16 holes he is at -6 (-3 today) and currently placed at sole 3 spot. :) Go Jyoti!!
The top two leader are currently at -9 (Done for th day) and -7 (11 holes)

If he continues to play good for next two day, he can have his best finish this year, which has not been too good for him. This year Jyoti has missed 4 cuts (missing last three consecutive cuts) in 9 starts at Japan PGA tour. His best finish has been T25 twice.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

:bounce: :bounce: A superb day for Jyoti as he shot par 71 round to go to pole position with a lead of two. In a day when shooting a sub zero was rare, (only four people could break par), it was easy to pile up bogies and loose the advantage. The need of the day was to play a steady round. After a birdie in first hole and a bogie in 3rd hole, Jyoti played quiet steady golf till the 14 th round. But the last four hole resulted in Birdie, Bogie, Bogie, and Birdie. In the end he managed to play a par round, which was an excellent performance.

The best round of the day were -3,-2,-2 and -1. Jyoti's three round so far are 68,68,71 with a total of (-6).

Can he win in his rookie year in Japan PGA tour? Jyoti had a very good 2002 but he was winless for entire year. Going to the final day. Jyoti has placed himself very well for his biggest victory of his carrier. His other three victories had all been in Asian PGA tour and at home turf (in India).

Go Jyoti !!!!!
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

It appears that trying to shoot at the Pre-National Shooting Championship in August has helped Jyoti to shoot some great rounds in Japan! Go Jyoti and win the event in Japan.

Thanks Ajay for your updates :D .
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did it!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Great performance!!!!!!! :D :D
His first victory in Japan PGA in his first season.

This win again shows that Indian Golf is picking up. In last two years, Arjun Atwal winning twice in European tour and Jyoti finishing 2nd in BMW (joint European & Asian PGA) and 6th in Dunhill Links Championship (European tour) and now this tournament augurs well for Indian golf. :)

He won the Suntory Open with a card of 69 (-2) on the last day. His score for the tournament is 68 (-3), 68 (-3) ,71 (0), 69 (-2) with a total of 8 under par. At the end of the final day, only 5 players were sub zero.

Jyoti started the day at -6, a lead of 2 over PAUL SHEEHAN and MASAYUKI KAWAMURA. Kawamura opend his score with a bogie to fall behind by 3, and and he was never in contention thereafter. But Paul soon put a strong challenge by catching up to Jyoti with a birdie at 3rd and 5th hole [Jyoti -6, Paul -6]. Jyoti played a steady game and he holed the first seven holes at par. At 8th hole Jyoti took the initative and the lead with a birdie. Paul under pressure bogied the next hole to increase Jyoti's lead back to 2 [Jyoti -7, Paul -5].

On the back nine both started well with a birdie [Jyoti -8, Paul -6]. But Jyoti went on to score another birdie at 10th hole [Jyoti -9, Paul -6]. That probably sealed the game for Jyoti as Paul could never challenge him after this. Jyoti dropped a point on the 17th but by that time it did'nt matter [Jyoti -8, Paul -6]. .

From monetary point of view this performance ranks as high as his other two famous performances he had last year. Although I rank his sole 6th position in Dunhill Links Championship as the best individual performance by any Indian so far. Not only the field was tough (most of the top players participated), but the Links course (3 courses) were very tough.

By the way, a correction in my last post. Jyoti has a title outside India before this. He won his last title at singapore Open in 2000.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

Outstanding!!!

Way to go Jyoti. You have made all of us proud.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by Kumar »

Great show Jyoti. way to Go...
Rishav

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by Rishav »

wow! jyoti- the best achievement by an indian golfer i am sure!
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Afte his win Jyoti must be in high spirit. But he is back on work for this ANA Open along with Jeev. I hope he will be able to concentrate and do well again. Just like last year, when he started playing well around this time and he kept his form till the end of the year. Hopefully, he'll keep his form and get some more good results.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Nice article on Jyoti's win in Japan Tour. Must read.
http://www.asianpgatour.com/en/articles ... 6&ayr=2003
Randhawa makes history in Japan
Jyoti Randhawa wrote a new page in Asian PGA history at the Suntory Open on Sunday when he became the first Indian winner on the Japan Golf Tour.
The 31-year-old Randhawa said: "When I first saw the golf course earlier this week, I thought if I could make it through to the weekend, I would be happy. The course is very tough.

"I was so nervous playing the final three holes today. Maybe by tomorrow, this news will spread to India and I can become star.

"It is a great feeling to create history in Japan. I still can't believe it."
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

"I was so nervous playing the final three holes today. Maybe by tomorrow, this news will spread to India and I can become star."
If ain't cricket then there is no stardom in India! :devil: