Jyoti Randhawa thread

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by jaydeep »

U guys were searching all over the town and I was just looking his weherabouts on our forum ... :kookoo:

:rofl:

Jaydeep.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by jaydeep »

Jyoti is taking time out from professional tour and taking rest in Chandigarh ... While speaking to TOI he showed disappointment on the recognition and glory following achievements in golf ... Check out article on TOI.

Jyothi: awaiting govt recognition
“May be we play a professional game which hasn’t caught the attention of men at the helm. Otherwise pros like Arjun and I should have got the Arjuna Award some three years back. We too are bringing glory to our country. But the government does not seem to understand this. The awards are being given to sportspersons with lesser achievements just because they take part in the Olympics and other such events, even though without results. But that should not be the criteria."
Jaydeep.
Prem

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by Prem »

Not sure what is Jyoti is upto this year.
Has not played much in Japan at all.
Finally he will be in action at next weeks The Deutsche Bank Players’ Championship of Europe Event in Germany.
Big tournament in EPGA.
Jyoti can seal the card for 2006 in EPGA with some winnings here.
:goodluck: Jyoti..hope the break would have helped and u r ready to fire
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by Kumar »

Whatz happening with Jyoti!!! Is he Injured?
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

I am wondering the same. I will have to get in touch with Swamy right away to get some news.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Finally, there is some news about Jyoti from master himself. He is recovering from a minor surgery (?) and didnt want to give it any extra strain. Next we'll see him in the big event at WGC in Ohio.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

NEC Invitational World Golf Championship

Post by BSharma »

Jyoti Randhawa is coming off an injury break but he will get to match his golf skills with players like Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Retief Goosen, Phil Mickelson and the other top 50 golfers in the world ranking and playing members of the 2005 U.S. and International Presidents Cup teams. Jyoti earned a spot at the prestigious NEC Invitational World Golf Championship next week by winning the 2004 Volvo Masters of Asia.
Prem

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by Prem »

The stage is set and Jyoti needs to perform. When you play in big events and can do well, you immediately get recognition and the rankings can shoot up too. Go Jyoti....spread some Jyoti.....
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

A great performance in USA might change Jyoti's mind about trying to get into the PGA Tour. A win would earn him the ticket. :D
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by jaydeep »

Interesting quote from Jyoti on Arjuna Awards Function -
"I am very proud to receive the Arjuna award; it's a great sporting honour. Now I want to emulate Rathore [Khel Ratna] and Arjun Atwal by qualifying for the USPGA Tour respectively. My goal is to qualify for the USPGA tour and win one major."
Great to see Jyoti is keeping himself motivated to excel more and more ... Sometime I feel that thing is lacking in Jeev.

Jaydeep.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Thanks Jaydeep. I didn't realize earlier that Jyoti has bagged the Arjuna award this year. I'm happy that the golf is being recognized in India with this award. Congratulations Jyoti! Its another feather in your cap. Hopefully, Arjun Atwal will get it next year.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Jyoti is playing a domestic tournament. Good news is that he is getting in "shape." Not surprisingly, after 2nd round, he is leading the field. Here is the Rediff report.
"I am close to gaining what I had aimed for in this tournament - to get my swing in shape. The only thing I am unhappy is the fact that I did not get any birdies on eight holes on my back nine. Usually, I try and get a couple of them. I was over-excited and was trying too hard," he admitted.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

It is good to know that his swing and putting are coming back because he will need them when and if he comes to USA to play in the PGA qualifying tournament.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by ajay »

Jyoti won the tournament. He last played a domestic tournament in 2003.
A victory is a victory, even if it is in a domestic tournament. It should put Jyoti in better frame of mind for the oncoming big tournaments. Next week he is off again.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Jyoti Randhawa - US Open

Post by BSharma »

A victory is a good morale booster and it gives confidence to a player - a much needed ingredient in a sport like golf where mental game is as important as physical game. Daniel Chopra became a different player after winning twice on the Nationwide Tour last year.

Go Jyoti, and I hope he can join Arjun, Daniel and Vijay on the PGA Tour in 2006.