Arjun Atwal thread

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Prem
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Arjun Atwal thread

Post by Prem »

Arjun flies to Malysia this week to play the CIMB Asia Pacific Classic, Malaysia.
This is the first event Asian Tour is organising in collaboration with PGA Tour.
The format is strokeplay with just 40 players and USD 1 Million for the winner :D
The top 25 players from PGA Tour (excl. those who do not enter) and 10 Asian Tour players make the field , apart from 5 sponsor expmt/qualifiers.
Seems to me that Arjun managed to get an invite :clap:
:goodluck: Arjun, now the no. 1 Indian player.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Arjun is nominate for the Asian Tour's Special Achievement Award along with Korean teen Noh Seung-yul and Thai legend Boonchu Ruangkit ... His historic PGA title win as Monday qualifier fetched him a place in the list of nominees.

Atwal nominated for 'Special Achievement Award'
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Nice interview of Arjun from Hawaii.

Tiger tips give India's Atwal a winning bonus
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Arjun's interview after his last week's top 10 finish at the HP Byron Nelson Championship.

My best is yet to come: Arjun Atwal
Arjun Atwal wrote:“Well, I was really disappointed as I really had a good chance of winning the tournament. May be a birdie at the 11th instead of a bogey and who knows I could have won the title. The conditions were really difficult with the winds blowing 20-23 miles per hour and it was really tough. Everyone in the leader board were in with a chance to win the event. Unluckily, I missed out,”
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I'm surprised to find Arjun absent from the field at the US Open. Does anyone know what the eligibility criteria are, and why Arjun doesn't get to play this year? I presume he will be able to play the PGA championship, but I presume he won't be at The (British) Open championship.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Arjun didnt manage to qualify for US Open.
He played the Qualies and missed out on both US Open and The Open.
Arjun, however is eligible to play the last Major - The PGA Championship.
None of our players are not having a good 2011 yet (except win by SSPC and Gaganjeet) and hope the tide turns in the second half....We currently dont have a single player in Asia's Top ten in world rankings...
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Prem wrote:None of our players are not having a good 2011 yet (except win by SSPC and Gaganjeet) and hope the tide turns in the second half....We currently dont have a single player in Asia's Top ten in world rankings...
I'll qualify the above statement with "None of our established veteran players ..."

SSPC is probably having his best year with a victory on European tour. As you mentioned, Gaganjeet is also doing good, having finished on top in at least one event. Don't forget Anirban Lahiri, who won an Asian event this year. So not really bad. I'm looking forward to younger generation as they must now break in.

Among the veterans, Jeev and Arjun Atwal can still do something in EPGA/PGA this year.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Arjun failed to qualify for the PGA tour this year, and didn't make it to the Nationwide (now called Web.com?) tour either. He has played one PGA tournament this year and failed to make the cut. It will be difficult for him to play much in the US, so I hope Arjun is planning to play a bit in Asia and Europe instead. Does anyone have any updates on his plans?
Prem

Post by Prem »

Arjun will get another chance this week to play on the PGA Tour, where he will get few chances.
But he is playing full time on the Web.com Tour (previously Nationwide Tour).
So far he has played 2 of 2 events and missed cuts in both after one good and one bad rounds both time.
With change in qualifying rules the Web.com tour is the only option to get back the card for PGA Tour.
I think Arjun will focus on Web.com this year with few PGA events and will try to get his card back.
Daniel Chopra is also doing the same.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Arjun Atwal had a decent first five rounds before inclement weather stopped his progress at the Sanderson Farms Championship in Madison, USA. He was positioned 89th after 5 holes with a score of +1(two bogeys, two pars and one birde). We will probably have an early start today.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Arjun Atwal withdrew from Sanderson Farms championship due to illness.
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

Arjun Atwal makes the first cut of the season at the PGA Tour, playing in his third event at the Tour he is currently tied 14th at Barracuda Championship.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Nice to see Arjun playing in the second half of a PGA tour event after a long time. He has slipped to T19 after round 3, but this is still a decent performance so far from him after a long time. The Barracuda Championship uses a modified Stableford scoring system, which rewards eagles and double-eagles more, and also penalizes bogeys and double-bogeys -- so there is a premium on spectacular holes.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Arjun had a very poor final round, and slumped all the way to T53 in the end :cry:
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

Poor show by Arjun Atwal continuous at the PGA Tour as he missed the cut at the Wyndham Championship, he had won this tournament in 2010.