Anirban Lahiri - PB WR #33 (28-Mar-15), India #1

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Anirban Lahiri - PB WR #33 (28-Mar-15), India #1

Post by Sin Hombre »

Still at -5; has failed to birdie any of the par5s though. Not sure whether he is going too aggressive on them and missing out.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Customary bogey on the 18...
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

Anirban was a man on a mission on the first 8 holes....
Surprising that he got no birdies on the 4 par-5 holes today, unlike the previous days.....

T20 after R3 with -7... 7 shots behind the leader...
Sets him up nicely to shoot for a Top-10 finish and seal his PGA Tour Card... :goodluck:
VReddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by VReddy »

With a 4th round score of -1, Anirban finished at T16. He is projected to be at 6th position after this event in terms of the earnings. So far so good :)
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

Nice start to R4 for Anirban as he did in R3... had two birdies in the first 3 holes...

dropped a shot on the back 9 early on... clawed back to -3 with two more birdies to get into Top-10
But disaster struck on par-3 17th whole where he was stuck on the roughs and came in with a double bogey to drop out of the Top-10 to #17...
On the final hole, he had to get tackle with a bunker to save the par and finished the day 1-under to finish 8-under for the week and finished T16...

Most importantly, he wasn't able to get any birdies on the par-5 holes today. This was a repeat of R3.
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

Anirban in 7th in the money list for the WCT Finals... (this list excludes the 25 who have already qualified through the regular tour)...

He needs to do much better next week, especially since he's going to miss the 4th week........
A Top-5 finish would be good... :goodluck:
Prem

Post by Prem »

prashanthm wrote:Anirban in 7th in the money list for the WCT Finals...
He needs to do much better next week, especially since he's going to miss the 4th week........
A Top-5 finish would be good... :goodluck:
Card is secured. Don't think he is bothered about where he finishes ranking wise as he expects to play many tournaments on the weight of his world rankings. Also, without a card there is a cap of 12 events you can play on the PGA tour. He has no such restrictions now. Personally, I would have liked him to play next week with no pressure of card and try and go for a win and that will almost get him the no. 1 spot.....But, Anirban may skip the next 2 events as he has to prepare for the Presidents Cup in 2+ weeks. Hope he plays this week...
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

Prem wrote:Don't think he is bothered about where he finishes ranking wise as he expects to play many tournaments on the weight of his world rankings. Also, without a card there is a cap of 12 events you can play on the PGA tour. He has no such restrictions now.
That kinda makes sense....

He's 10th in the list that includes the Top-25 from the regular season......

He's still in this week's field, as of now... Hopefully he plays... :goodluck:
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

As per report Anirban is in dilemma and taking decision before tonight ... I think he most probably take break in preparation for President Cup.
World No. 40 Anirban Lahiri had a number in mind when he began the Web.com Tour Finals. $50,000.

The 28-year-old India native figured $50,000 would secure his place inside the top 25 on the Finals money list -- enough to the point where he could depart the Finals, prepare for The Presidents Cup and not have to worry about losing his spot.

Lahiri finished T16 at River Run, bringing his Finals earnings to $49,750. Not quite the goal, but it will almost certainly be enough. He thinks so, too.

“I think that if I’m close to $50,000, that should be plenty,” said Lahiri on Sunday afternoon. “That’s what everyone’s saying. That’s a chance I have to take, but I think I’m going to take that chance.

“I might decide late tonight whether I play next week or not, but as things stand, I might not tee it up next week.”
Prem

Post by Prem »

Anirban has officially withdrawn.
So that's it as far as improving the ranking. He should finish around 18-20 range.
Looks like he is keen to do well in the Presidents Cup.
But, many of the players involved in the cup are playing the "Tour Championships" and hence Anirban could have played this week....as the Presidents cup starts on 8th October only. So it's almost 18 days break....for preparing.
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

Anirban Lahiri's schedule after the President's Cup -

Oct 15 Venetian Macao Open (US$1,000,000)
Oct 22 UBS Hong Kong Open (US$2,000,000)
Oct 29 CIMB Classic (US$7,000,000) PGA Tour co-sanctioned event
Nov 05 WGC-HSBC Champions (US$8,500,000)

Apart from the above, he would also be playing at the last 2 events of the European Tour final series i.e. BMW Masters (Shanghai) & World Tour Championship (Dubai).
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Given his hectic schedule in November, perhaps smart decision by Anirban Lahiri to take an extra week off before the President's Cup.

BTW, looking at the 2014-15 PGA tour eligibilitycriteria, he will have pretty low priority for most regular PGA tour events (as he would be near the bottom of category 26) and the only way he can move up is by actually winning a PGA tour event. I think that the WGC and some of the Majors have additional ways of getting in based on world ranking, so he may get priority for those events if he can maintain a high enough world ranking.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

He is banking on his top 50 status in the world ranking to get starts (as he got this year) although I don't see any category like that in the eligibility criteria. This year being a non-member, there was a cap on # of tournaments that he could play and he was ineligible for Fedex points. Now with these restrictions removed he expects to play more tour events in 2016 than 2015
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Top 50 status gets him starts at the big tournaments like the majors and the WGCs; his priority might be enough for the smaller ones.
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

After the third event of the Web.com Tour Finals, Anirban is positioned 10th and has virtually secured the PGA Tour spot for the next season.
He should finish in the top 20 after the end of the series.