World's 100 highest paid athletes

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

World's 100 highest paid athletes

Post by sameerph »

Couple of days back, Forbes magazine published a list of 100 highest paid athletes. 2 Indians, Mahendra Singh Dhoni & Sachin Tendulkar are in the list & they are the only cricketers there. Dhoni at 31st is in fact ahead of the likes of Novak Djokovic & Usain Bolt. There are only 2 women in the list & they are both tennis players Maria Sharapova & Chinese Li Na.

Intrestingly, the top most earner boxer Mayweather fought only 2 bouts in the year & spent less than 1 hour in the ring.

Maximum number of sportspersons are 30 from American football followed by 13 from basketball.

I am not sure how is David Beckkam the highest paid soccer star ahead of the likes of Ronaldo & Messi & Roger Federer is still ahead both Nadal & Djokovic.

These are a bit more details -

http://news.yahoo.com/mayweather-tops-l ... --spt.html

http://www.newsbeats.in/sports/dhoni-an ... -athletes/
depleter
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: World's 100 highest paid athletes

Post by depleter »

sameerph wrote:I am not sure how is David Beckkam the highest paid soccer star ahead of the likes of Ronaldo & Messi & Roger Federer is still ahead both Nadal & Djokovic.
beckham might still be ahead because of his commitment with an american club and America has the largest advertising revenue in the world....and its also mentioned that messi gets lesser than dhoni in terms of commercials and ronaldo is almost there behind beckham...
federer is also the same I think...he does have more fan base than nadal and djokovic so he would be getting more CF's....