kerala Volleyball League A Reality!

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Runcie
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

kerala Volleyball League A Reality!

Post by Runcie »

Hi Friends,
Few weeks ago,I have just discussed the possibility of starting a volleyball league in kerala with jay.Now,that has become a reality!Hooray,this one of the happiest moments in my life.Mumbai based SportzConsult and Kerala State Volleyball Association are initiating a “Kerala Volleyball League” termed as India's First Professional Volleyball League.Following is the link to the news in SportzConsult's website:
http://www.sportzconsult.in/showcase_KVL.html
Another news item in manoramaonline says that Mammooty will be the brand Ambassador of the league and teams will be owned by franchises like IPL.Teams would come from districts such as Thiruvananthapuram,Alapuzha,Kottayam,Idukki,Kannur etc(It is surprising that they dont include Pathanamthitta in the list1) and will start in 2010 January 23.Following is the link to the news in malayalam:
http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/M ... &BV_ID=@@@
Hope this will end the cash crunch in Indian volleyball and propel it to higher echelons.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: kerala Volleyball League A Reality!

Post by jayakris »

If I don't see a Changanassery Chaatthaans and Pathanamthitta Padres in the league, I will be very disappointed! :)

Nice news.

Jay
Runcie

Post by Runcie »

He He.I will also be disappointed if there wont be no Team from pathanamthitta.Anyways,this is a great news and hope this would grow into a Pan-Indian professional league in the future.
Fan123

Post by Fan123 »

Great News!!!!
Something like this happening in Kerala is really really awesome!
Yup I also read the Mamootty news in Matrubhoomi . They'll also show it live on TV!