Financial Support for India's Future Olympians

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

shaili
Please enter the middle number: 1

Financial Support for India's Future Olympians

Post by shaili »

My friend works at Karmayog (www.karmayog.org). They facilitate a lot of networking between non-profit organisations, corporates, govt. agencies as well as individuals.

Some people would like to give financial support to the athletes in India's Olympic contingent that went to Beijing. They do not want to support the Bindras and Akhils who already have support from different agencies. Even prospective athletes for London Olympics can be listed.

Please send me suggestions on who is really in need of funds on a monthly basis. It may not go beyond 5 figures, but its an effort thats worth it.

If you have contacts of the athletes then please do send me details by pm.

Thanks
Shaili
shaili

Re: Financial Support for India's Future Olympians

Post by shaili »

I didnt start this thread so that you guys would only read and not reply....please write your suggestions...or is this the wrong place to discuss this?
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

shaili wrote:I didnt start this thread so that you guys would only read and not reply....please write your suggestions...or is this the wrong place to discuss this?
I cannot speak for other forum members, but I do not know the Indian athletes well enough to figure out who needs monetary assistance or not. I guess all of them can make use of extra moneym but I do not know whose needs are greater.

You are doing a great service for these athletes by trying to get them financial support. mugu or some other members may know the athletes well enough to give you some valuable input.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Shaili, here are some of the talented players

1. Mayookha Johny (20), Long jump
2. Tintu Luka (19), Athlete (800m)
3. Pratima Boro (18), Archer
4. Adonda Raju (20), Archer
5. Rajib Basumatary (18), Archer
6. Jitender Kumar (20), Boxer
7. Gurusai Datt (18), Badminton

Ok, now don't think I know that they are good because I follow these players. It is because I have read TOI today :)

Rising stars of Indian sports
shaili

Post by shaili »

thanks sandeep.

how do i get the contact details for the athletes you listed....for that matter, where do i get contact details of indian athletes? does sports india have a directory?? is that asking for too much :p
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

shaili wrote:thanks sandeep.

how do i get the contact details for the athletes you listed....for that matter, where do i get contact details of indian athletes? does sports india have a directory?? is that asking for too much :p
Starting a wiki shortly so yeah that should be there.....