Bobby Aloysius thread

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by BSharma »

Bobby,

I do not mean to pester you with my daily ramblings about your decision to retire. You must take your time to think it over, revisit the issues when you have had time to reflect on them, and discuss it with your inner circle of friends and family.

Just in case that you think you are old for high jump, here are some statistics about women's high jump from 2004.

Athletes who have jumped around 2.0 m in 2004 and are 30 years or older:

Venelina Veneva (BUL) DOB 13 06 1974; 2.01m
Iryna Mykhalchenko (UKR) 20 01 1972; 2.01m (finished 5th in 2004 Olympics)
Viktoriya Seryogina (RUS) 22 05 1973; 2.00m
Inha Babakova (UKR) 27 06 1967; 1.99m (finished 9th in 2004 Olympics)
Tisha Waller (USA) 01 12 1970; 1.98m

Come up with a 2.00m jump and throw :tomato: at the faces of people who have ignored you. You can do a 2.00m jump and no one can take that away from you.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by BSharma »

Bobby Aloysius wrote in another thread
Thanks everybody for your continues approach to do with my business again.But I am sorry, I have decided it with enough thoughts.

I always think many times before taking decesion. I never used to think it again once it happens, whatever its consiquences. I am repeating, the denial of Arjuna was just a provocation for me. Many other injustice I have faced so far. If still I stick on with this type of fighting, I am afraid, I will be an anti-atheltic women so near. I really don't want as I love so much atheltics, in particular High Jumping.

I would like to repeat, it is not the end of my road. I know why I became an unsuccessful athelte. This lesson should help me to produce a successfull athelte. I am not going to settle down in England or stick on with costoms bureaucracy. Otherwise no meaning I am still continue my studies in England, though all my people are in Kerala.
Bobby, if you believe that you have come to the end of the road as far as participation in athletic events are concerned then I respect your judgement and will stop urging you to reconsider your decision.

However, I disagree when you wrote, "I know why I became an unsuccessful athelte." In my opinion you are a successful athlete and you have reached the heights that no other Indian woman had reached, brought laurels to your country, and represented your country with class and dignity. We are sometimes too harsh on ourselves because we are unable to achieve all our goals but it does not make us an unsuccessful athlete.

I wish you the best in all your endevors including your efforts about raising funds for the athletes in rural Kerala and India.
PKBasu

Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by PKBasu »

It's shocking to hear Bobby Aloysius refer to herself as an "unsuccessful athlete" despite her numerous medals at the Asian and Commonwealth games and related events.
It is heartening in a way to know that Indian athletes like Bobby set their bars so high -- and will evidently not be satisfied with anything short of Olympic glory. But Bobby Aloysius, please don't retire so early: in field events, the best years often come quite late in one's career, and if you are in the UK now, perhaps you can use your period there to further improve your heights and try to get a gold at the Beijing Asiad. Your achievements to date are already enough to be considerably proud about.
bobbyaloysius

Unsuccessfull athelte

Post by bobbyaloysius »

My worry is not just simple as I am ending my career, without doing my best. I am sure if I got a chance to train under my English coach or Russian coach couple of years before, I would have been a medallist in Athens. More specifically when I jumped 1.80 at the age of 19, I should have trained under expert. My entire training life until the age of 27 was wrong. Still I did a height of 191. Therefore I feel I am an unsuccessful athelte. What I can do is to bring up brilliant athletes in their ealry stage. I will send them to either in Russia or in England for expert training.
Then at least I can say now I am a succssfull human being!
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by BSharma »

PKB wrote it best when he said that Bobby A. had set the bar very high for herself and felt unsuccessful because she did not achieve all her goals. However, the definition of unsuccessful is not measured in this way.

It would have been great if Bobby A. had received specialized training under an expert high jump coach when she was 19 years old but it did not happen and it cannot be reversed.

Sometimes we relive our lives through our children and our trainees, and achieve success as a parent or coach that did not happen earlier in our lives.
david

Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by david »

Though I have urged Bobby A personally, not to retire. I respect her decision and also understand and appreciate the feelings of the the Forum members here.

What I meant earlier was, Bobby should concentrate on her coaching course and continue training for specific tournaments. But for that, fitness training and regular schedules have to be maintained as usual, regularly.

But knowing Bobby, she would not put one leg each in different boats. She gave her 100 per cent to high jump and her goals, nay 200 per cent. Now, I cannot expect her to do half-hearted training nor half-hearted coaching.

I pray and wish that she will be able to produce good athletes in the years to come but now her 100% is equal to only 50 %.

The other half depends on the willingness of the trainees to put equal amount of hardwork with dedication and sincerity. I am sure thered are plenty of athletes like that in our huge country.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by BSharma »

Thanks a bunch, Bobby for putting a scrolling message on your website about Sports-India.com. :D

I am sure that all the forum members of Sports-India.com have visited Bobby's website - one of the best websites of any Indian sports star.

http://www.bobbyaloysius.com/
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Re: Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by BSharma »

Any current news about Bobby Aloysius?  Is she into coaching?
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Bobby Aloysius thread

Post by jaydeep »

As per report and her interview she joined North East Wales Institute of Higher Education, an affiliated college of the University of Wales, for a B.Sc. course in Sports Science and Coaching Studies in 2003 with the scholarship for her tuition fees from Kerala Sports Council  ... It was a three-year course, the University has agreed to spread the course into four years becoz of preparation for Olympics that time ... So mostly she will be still at Shrewsbury, the county town of Shropshire, to complete her study.

Jaydeep.