Indian Shooting thread

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

ankit1407
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Shooting thread

Post by ankit1407 »

depleter wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:49 am So, it looks like Jaspal wanted Saurabh to win more medals before youth olympics next month. That is why they fielded him juniors.
They had to submit the entry list before Asian games to ISSF or you are allowed to make changes to 3 shooters selected before few days of the event. any idea? he just won a senior GOLD medal in a very high quality field, i would think it was time to build on it and win a medal & a ticket to Tokyo as soon as possible which would have given him more confidence ahead of Youth Olympics compare to fielding him in juniors .

At the end of the day shooting is one sport where age does not really matter that much as our very own juniors have also shown, so i for one would have preferred him playing seniors... now we wait till world cup in Delhi (Feb 2019) to earn quota place....

( I am aware these guys will get multiple chances leading to Olympics but when you are in form you want to make the most if it...we know how the situation can change over time as it did in case of Jitu Rai for eg.)
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

I think you are giving the shooting officials too much credit. They are not as analytical as you. Some guy made some decision. Random. That is what it is :-( I support your thinking fully :-( I think they do not realize the last thing you said. That we should strike the iron when it is hot. They have a chalta hai attitude. If he is good enough, he will qualify later. But that is not how it always works :-(
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

I agree with you, Ankit. He should have been there in the senior team. But, not sure if they were allowed to make a change post Asiad.

Prasen, overall I find our shooting federation to be much better than most of the other sports bodies. At least president Raninder Singh is active on twitter and many a times responds if you raise any queries. He had also posted some nice analysis of our Asiad shooting performance with tables and all.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Agreed Sameer.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Men 3P qualification is on but fair to say after the first series itself all 3 Indians are pretty much out of the race..this (3P men) along with trap (w), skeet events we just don’t seem to find any quality shooters at all ..
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Sanjeev Rajput is supposed to be a lot more competitive in the men's 3p.

He won the gold at the CWG and silver at the AG this year.

But his kneeling performance has completely gone to the toilet here.

This is something dominated by Westerners but as a top Asian, he should at least be in the top 10-15.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

He is right at the bottom right now ; this is just horrible performance from all 3 .. early days but looks like the only quota we can ever expect from 3P men will be later at the end of next year during Asian championship...
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

25m pistol women precision series is on , at the moment both Rani and Heena are struggling.. will be an uphill task to fight back from this position.. hope Manu does better
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

ankit1407 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 am 25m pistol women precision series is on , at the moment both Rani and Heena are struggling.. will be an uphill task to fight back from this position.. hope Manu does better
Typical from Heena.

Rahi is not out of contention and did come back from a similar deficit at the AG to make it to the finals barely. She will need to do something similar here and shoot a 293 or 294 in rapid.

Would be nice to get a surprise finalist in the mixed trap.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Heena is just a poor starter in general and unfortunately at such high competition you can not afford to fall back so much .. Rani will need to be at her best tomorrow to have any chance to score 582 or so and have a chance for top6..
Don’t have much hope in mixed trap , so any team making final will be a pleasant surprise ..
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Sandhu starts the series with 2 misses
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Manu with a poor start, turning out to be a terrible tournament for us.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

I am hopeful for good performance from her in next 2 series ..let’s hope she does not disappoint..
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

ankit1407 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:10 am I am hopeful for good performance from her in next 2 series ..let’s hope she does not disappoint..
And she doesn't, shoots 99-99 to go to joint 1st. :bounce:
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Sin Hombre wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 am
ankit1407 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:10 am I am hopeful for good performance from her in next 2 series ..let’s hope she does not disappoint..
And she doesn't, shoots 99-99 to go to joint 1st. :bounce:
Yup way to go .. Engine took a while to warm up