A boxing discussion question (knockout punch?)

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

HSH
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

A boxing discussion question (knockout punch?)

Post by HSH »

Has any Indian female boxer ever had a 1 punch knockout - क्या किसी भारतीय महिला मुक्केबाज ने कभी 1 पंच नॉक आउट मारा है?

This is something that I have been really curious about, Indian girls are obviously pretty feisty and very skilled when it comes down to boxing. This is the reason why so many girls from India have become stars in the sport such as the great Mary Kom, Sarita Devi, Pinki Jangra, Pooja Rani, Nikhat Zareen, Sakshi choudhary, Simranjit Kaur, and Mandeep Kaur Sandhu. While these women have achieved great heights for our country in the sport, India is still behind countries such as Japan because India doesn't really have any knockout artists in female boxing. If any knows of any instance where an Indian female boxer has had a pure one punch knockout then let me know and also give me a video link of the KO if possible. Otherwise, let's work together and collectively give boxing academies the message to teach our Indian sisters the perfect way to execute a knockout punch to knock their opponent to their floor. If women from countries such as Japan can have 1 punch knockout wins then so can our Indian sisters and this way our country may even pass Japan in terms of producing the best female boxing talent in Asia. As a Sikh, it would be great to see India achieving such heights.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Note to moderator: Please keep this a separate thread. It will get more replies and recognition that way and I feel it is an important topic to be discussed. Thanks

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: A boxing discussion question (knockout punch?)

Post by jayakris »

HSH wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:54 am
Note to moderator: Please keep this a separate thread. It will get more replies and recognition that way and I feel it is an important topic to be discussed. Thanks
Ok, leaving it as a separate thread. May merge with the general boxing thread later. Mod, Jay

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: A boxing discussion question (knockout punch?)

Post by jayakris »

I don't follow boxing closely, so I have a reverse question. Have any of our women fallen to a 1-punch knockout in important bouts (Asiad, Commonwealth, Olympics)?